Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 9,620

randomous

@bluerobin2 Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

@Morphtorok I would love to use a turnip, but I'm already using it for Super Mario Bros 2. I mean, it's such an iconic item in the game that Mario's carrying it on the cover. My friend suggested the dog, is that identifiable enough? I mean, it's going to be hard to make a discernible dog with only about 12X10 pixels, but I'll try.

randomous

ramstrong

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@Morphtorok I would love to use a turnip, but I'm already using it for Super Mario Bros 2. I mean, it's such an iconic item in the game that Mario's carrying it on the cover. My friend suggested the dog, is that identifiable enough? I mean, it's going to be hard to make a discernible dog with only about 12X10 pixels, but I'll try.

I think with Morphtroid, it has to be the cow. Am I right?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Eel

The cow is the second most "harvest moony" thing I can think of.

Btw, the song is now completely functional in Petit Farm (It looks so awesome with it playing in the background). I'll try to share the updated version soon.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gimmemorecoinz

randomouscrap98 wrote:

I'm sorry it took so long Morphtorok, I got caught up in the ending. I've basically just been spending the last 45 minutes altering volumes and ADSR packages for that last little part. I really hope you like it; I based it directly off the Youtube clip you gave me (with a little help from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2Yi1CcSrc ). If anything's out of place for your liking, please let me know and I can change it. Anyway, here's Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town's Spring theme:

UntitledUntitled

Edit: For those who want to know, the reason why the ending was hard for me was because it's supposed to be this delicate part, but it's very heavy and active. It's hard to get, say, Vin Diesel to look and act like the Princess of England.

Are you really really good at programming in MML or something? Do you know music theory already? I'm listening to your harvest moon thing and it's amazing. Would you be willing to do the link to the past story for me? Without the intro part. And without the lightning. I just want the story part.
I can use QMIDI studio but it isn't as amazing as your skills here.

Can you teach me how you do this? I'd like to do a bunch of custom MML for my games.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

ramstrong wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

I have't touched coral maze yet I'm still waiting for those QRS to be posted.

Huh? What do you mean? I posted those 9 hours ago on the QR thread. I packaged everything into CORAL.ZIP, too. Including the drawing of the fish!

I didn't realize they'd be posted THERE. I was waiting for them to be posted in this thread the entire time >.<

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Pixelrobin

So now I'm putting in late bedtime hours to finish Temple Raid X/. Ah well, it is worth it.
——————————————————————————————
Temple raid log entry #4
*Added countdown to a game
*Finalized custom font
*Real-time score update
*Revamped bottom screen
*Fixed a TON of bugs and glitches
*Pretty much polished the whole thing

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Gimmemorecoinz

bluerobin2 wrote:

So now I'm putting in late bedtime hours to finish Temple Raid X/. Ah well, it is worth it.
Temple raid log entry #4
*Added countdown to a game
*Finalized custom font
*Real-time score update
*Revamped bottom screen
*Fixed a TON of bugs and glitches
*Pretty much polished the whole thing

Go you GO!!!! I can't wait to see it.
Idea: If anyone is interested in seeing some of their games be ported to PC I can do it.
Limitations include: No MML (unless I can find an mml playing library )
No GRP, SPR, etc. But images can be exported to be used as sprites if you have the image files themselves.
MP3 Or OGG music compatible

Best of all, larger screen so you can have more to work with. option to integrate mouse menus, etc.
Anyone want their game ported? Just link me to the QR codes for the code itself, and give me any image resources you used as well.
I could probably port it in less than a day , or a few weeks depending on how complex the game/s are.
Porting to PC means I can create a multiplayer feature (for use over the internet) but requires, a seperate exe server file to run.
Or it requires one of the people trying to play to give away their IP to the other person and to use port forewarding on their router.
Or optionally, use something like hamachi.

Anonymous_Ninja

petithead its because in the game you are whispy woods.
randomous i understand. they are crazy thats why i knew i couldnt do it, ill just upload it with ptc music and maybe update it later.

nope, no signature here...
I lied, here's my friend code: 2406-5448-5608

randomous

@Gimmemorecoinz I wouldn't say I'm really good at it; after all, I'm just copying music. I did take one music theory course in college (for non-majors, meaning it's a class for people who aren't involved in music), so there's that. Oh, and I played the Clarinet for 10 years, which may have helped. I used this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663843-petit-computer/63524945 to learn MML, and I just experimented with notes for a bit before I used this sheet music: http://www.ninsheetm.us/sheetmusic.php?series=SuperMario to make the Super Mario Bros 2 theme. I made it using just piano notes first by directly copying the sheet music, then I listened to the original recording to figure out which sounds were appropriate. You can get a list of the sounds using the Petit computer manual. The sheet music doesn't contain all the parts, so I had to listen to the song carefully to add in things like percussion and sometimes the counter-melody. That's all I did: since MML just requires the notes and their lengths, if you know how to read music, you can transfer the sheet music into MML pretty easily. One of the parts that requires a little more tuning is the ADSR package, which is described on that first link. I learned about ADSR here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthesizer (just scroll down to the section labelled "ADSR envelope". I also used this awesome Petit Computer program called PX7: http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/PX7_(Synthesizer) , which helped me shape the notes to make them sound a certain way. You can also listen to all the sounds using this program. As for extracting parts from songs that aren't on the sheet music: that requires a bit of music experience in order to discern the relative pitch of a note and the tendencies of musical movement in certain keys.

What is the story music? I'd rather not make any Link to the Past songs, because quite a lot of the sounds in those songs are highly customized, and as @Discostew mentioned, it would be very difficult to replicate those sounds. I could use the built-in sounds, but it probably wouldn't sound like the game at all, and I don't want you to think that I didn't work as hard on your songs.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

boot

I bet every one here is older then me. Yet I still programm

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

swordx

I'll TRY to upload Dungeon Adventure over the weekend.

I'm going to starting working on Dungeon Adventure #2 again tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll add a bow and start working on new enemies and areas.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Pixelrobin

@boot
Programming doesn't take age. It takes skill. It is like learning a language. You can do it when you are 3 years old.

randomous

BTW, I'm sorry to all the people to whom I keep denying songs. They're just too difficult for me at the moment, and I don't want to make something that isn't as accurate as possible.

@Morphtorok I can't wait to see how it all plays together! I'm so happy that you enjoy the song!

randomous

swordx

bluerobin2 wrote:

@boot
Programming doesn't take age. It takes skill. It is like learning a language. You can do it when you are 3 years old.

This is true, BUT it's harder to learn a second language at a young age.

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

I'll TRY to upload Dungeon Adventure over the weekend.

I'm going to starting working on Dungeon Adventure #2 again tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll add a bow and start working on new enemies and areas.

Yay! I hope you'll be able to generate the QR codes this time!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

randomouscrap98 wrote:

I'm sorry it took so long Morphtorok, I got caught up in the ending. I've basically just been spending the last 45 minutes altering volumes and ADSR packages for that last little part. I really hope you like it; I based it directly off the Youtube clip you gave me (with a little help from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2Yi1CcSrc ). If anything's out of place for your liking, please let me know and I can change it. Anyway, here's Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town's Spring theme:

UntitledUntitled

Edit: For those who want to know, the reason why the ending was hard for me was because it's supposed to be this delicate part, but it's very heavy and active. It's hard to get, say, Vin Diesel to look and act like the Princess of England.

You did such a great job on this! You make such amazing music for Petit Computer!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

randomous

@hairmanban19 You always give me such nice compliments, thank you so much!

So I was wondering if anyone knew how many audio channels Petit Computer supports? While playing the Harvest Moon song (which has 6 channels of simultaneous audio), if I play the keyboard type sound during certain parts, some of the channels will cut out. I don't know if I'm overloading the system with sounds, or if it's something else entirely.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

OK guys. Temple Raid is Pretty much polished and ready for shipping . But I need your ideas; what should I do with the bottom screen? I only use the top of it to display life, health, score, etc. What should I do with the 75% of the screen bare? Any ideas?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic