Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

Also, Anyone know all of the bbcode commands allowed?
@TheBlackDragon? Just wondering.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Gimmemorecoinz

Petithead wrote:

Im forever alone

you're only alone if you believe you are we live on a planet with 5 or 6 billion human beings. I wouldn't exactly call that alone.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

ChangeV

current (slow) progress
Untitled

so far, everything is going well as what I planned (on masking tape)
still, lots things to do...
timer thingy for 1 minute mode.
gameover message and pause menu too.
some hit detections.
maybe hiscore save too.

ChangeV

Sgt_Cola

Good morning. I made a broken ACASI art program that you have to go into the games code to view the art. I will upload it soon... Actually, its symbol art.

Edited on by Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

ChangeV wrote:

current (slow) progress
Untitled

some hit detections.
maybe hiscore save too.

I like the Idea o' your high score system idea.

Sgt_Cola

MrSirr

ramstrong wrote:

I only see one sprite in your code. If you want a man and a car, then you need 2 sprites, or a sprite and a car pic. You can do either of this:
1. Two sprites method: When the man hit the car position, change the order of precendence/priority so the car is in front of the man. Then whenever the button is pushed, move the car along. Also change the speed, so instead of X=X+1, you have X=X+4.
2. Pic method: Once the man is in car position, change the sprite from man to man in car. Change the speed of the sprite. Erase graphic of car

SPD_MAN=1
SPD_CAR=4

if man outside then SPD=SPD_MAN else SPD=SPD_CAR
if button then X=X+SPD
something like that
HTH

Can you show me how to do that? I realize you would need him to get next to the car and press a button, but i dont know how to make it where you can only press the button when you're next to the car.

MrSirr

ramstrong

MrSirr wrote:

Can you show me how to do that? I realize you would need him to get next to the car and press a button, but i dont know how to make it where you can only press the button when you're next to the car.

Not right now. Sorry. Maybe somebody else can help? But basically you do something like this:
GAMEMODE=MAN
@LOOP
IF BUTTON THEN IF MAN==CAR THEN GAMEMODE=CAR
GOTO LOOP

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Sgt_Cola

ramstrong wrote:

MrSirr wrote:

Not right now. Sorry. Maybe somebody else can help? But basically you do something like this:
GAMEMODE=MAN
@LOOP
GOTO LOOP

MrSirr, have you tried out JART?

Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

bluerobin2 wrote:

Great job @Ramstrong! I amazed at how much more fun you made it! Also, if no one else does it, I will enchance the sound. @Gimmiemorecoinz, please make it your first priority because it is due very soon. April 30. I am exited what you can come up with. Also, please note that I posted the latest custom text a few pages back. Please scan them as well. It will work without them but, then you would be missing out. Other than that, Who else would like to take it on? We can still keep updating after the contest. Also, whoever it may concern, If you can, it may make the game better by toying with the color pallets to make the fish and the goal appear brighter and more noticeable. Thank you guys. It was a great experience being part of something like this.
@petithead sorry for being so rude. Here are pretty much our 'guidelines' for posting. I believe I speak for everyone here;

*Do not spam
*Ask relevent questions
*Be honest, Don't act like you know everything
*If you are new, please read at least a few pages of history.
*If you have a lot to say, please put it in as little posts as possible
*There is no need for bumping DON'T DO IT
*If you have nothing meaningful to say, Don't say anything.

I will add you as a friend asap.

No worries. I've read all 45 pages of qr codes for Petit computer. one of my favorites is SOUNDS2. I also saw a tutorial on variables & sprite animation in BASIC. Basicly, I was working on JART 2. But the I forgot to save. :_(
EDIT: So I heard you like pixel art. well, I'm going to create sprites for the professor on the main menu of petit computer for use of platformers (Currently, only).

Edited on by Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

MrSirr

Petithead wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

MrSirr wrote:

GAMEMODE=MAN
@LOOP
GOTO LOOP

The heck is jart?

MrSirr

MrSirr

ramstrong wrote:

MrSirr wrote:

GAMEMODE=MAN
@LOOP
GOTO LOOP

Can someone else please help?

MrSirr

Sgt_Cola

MrSirr wrote:

Petithead wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

MrSirr wrote:

GAMEMODE=MAN
@LOOP
GOTO LOOP

The heck is jart?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7i6cjrzcbgj1gtw/JART.zip Heavy pootis man says read qr code

Sgt_Cola

Eel

ChangeV wrote:

current (slow) progress
Untitled

some hit detections.
maybe hiscore save too.

Looks like you're making a DSiWare bite sized version of Witch and Hero! (Witch and Treasure?)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sgt_Cola

Morphtorok wrote:

ChangeV wrote:

current (slow) progress
Untitled

some hit detections.
maybe hiscore save too.

Looks like you're making a DSiWare bit sized version of Witch and Hero! (Witch and Treasure?)

If your interested in mml, look at the code for these files that aren't mine... I don't understand mml yet, but I saw these two prgs floating around the internet. Just use the QR converter & check the code. These are not mine.
MML_FLYW: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/79w0uhmtr2shbh0/WclyoAW2pA
MML_FEEN: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jjkwcu0i0hqy5do/nR6dxfxeD9
EDIT: I would also consider somebody trying out JART. If you don't know what JART is, JART is a symbol based art gallery containing four pictures made ENTIRELY from 100% Recycled pixels & fonts. Enjoy! JART2 will be coming to your sd card soon...

Edited on by Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

ChangeV

Morphtorok wrote:

ChangeV wrote:

current (slow) progress
Untitled

some hit detections.
maybe hiscore save too.

Looks like you're making a DSiWare bit sized version of Witch and Hero! (Witch and Treasure?)

I just bought Witch and Hero.
and my game looks a lot like Witch and Hero.

but my game will have simpler gameplay.
just shoot everything that approaches the treasure chest.
no level up. no shop. no boss. simple endless wave of enemies.
and you can pass through enemies (no damage taken).

I am using built-in resources for everything(sprites, BG, musics...)
...except for the font.(my brother made it)

ChangeV

Eel

Yeah, that font looks pretty nice.

I actually think your game might be better than witch and hero from the sounds of it (the review was very unfavorable).

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic