Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 9,620

Gimmemorecoinz

MrSirr wrote:

Also how do I use SPANIM to make it move?

I'm semi back but busy atm. I'd help you if I knew how to do those things.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

Also a reminder to everyone, I made an IRC channel for petit computer it's #PetitComputer on darkmyst irc.
If you dont know what irc is, go to mibbit.com or another site like that pick a nickname and select darkmyst server then type /join #PetitComputer IF YOU WANT. Or you can install mirc, or some other irc client.

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

Did the entire thread just up and die? lol. little slow today. Is it normally like this?

Justlink

oh, this thread is well alive, its just before people said they won't post for a while because they're busy

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Pixelrobin

Admit it everyone, you checked it a couple of times to see if anyone else posted and you did not have anything productive to say. We are all here, We're just waiting for something 'exiting' to happen.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Gimmemorecoinz

Well I did propose an irc channel and I created one. Specifically for discussions of petit computer, or for example. When I get better if somone wants help NOW and they don't want to wait for a response I'm right there.

^^; and the most awesome idea evar to.
A petit computer SDK which I'm working on. kind of. Basically.. it'll compile a higher level language into basic (hopefully) when done. I'm going to see if I can
get some basic class definitions from C++ to "convert" into basic.
The first step is figuring out how this should be structured. how would I represent a class in basic anyhow?
The main idea I have is to create an array, for all the classes local variables, and a subroutine for each class function.
When I find this->colx, it would actually be parsed down into something like

dim colx(amountofinstancesofthisclass)
currentinstance=1
gosub @function1
print returnedvalue

@function1:
returnedvalue=colx(currentinstance)
return

Hairmanban19

bluerobin2 wrote:

Admit it everyone, you checked it a couple of times to see if anyone else posted and you did not have anything productive to say. We are all here, We're just waiting for something 'exiting' to happen.

Yeah since i don't know BASIC i'm just here for the great games that you guys make,and i don't know any other forums where you can have the conversations that you can have here!

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Gimmemorecoinz

Some code for all of you!

This is the rough start, to how I will simulate object oriented programming within basic.
This is the hand-ported code, of what a C++ object called object would look like.
It has two attributes, and four functions.
SetX and SetY and GetX and Gety
It's two attributes are X and Y
Each attribute is local scope to the current object.
I hope this code makes sense.
Even if you don't understand C++ you might understand this.

amount_of_objects=15
screen_width=100
screen_height=100
dim object_x(amount_of_objects)
dim object_y(amount_of_objects)
for i=1 to 15
object_x(i)=rnd(screen_width)
object_y(i)=rnd(screen_height)

@main

gosub @handleobjects

goto main

@setobjectx
object_x(currentobject)=setx
return

@setobjecty
object_y(currentobject)=sety
return

@getobjectx
this_x=object_x(this_object)
return

@getobjecty
this_y=object_y(this_object)
return

@handleobjects

for i=1 to 15

currentobject=i
gosub @getobjectx
gosub @getobjecty

this_x=this_x+10
this_y=this_y+10
setx=this_x
sety=thisY
gosub @setobjectx
gosub @setobjecty

next i

return

Edited on by Gimmemorecoinz

MrSirr

I'm trying to print my own sprite on the screen. HELP?
I know that LOAD "SPU0:MAN",FALSE loads it but i dont know how to print it.
I also know that SPSET prints sprites but how do I use that with custom sprites?

MrSirr

Gimmemorecoinz

MrSirr wrote:

I also know that SPSET prints sprites but how do I use that with custom sprites?

I don't know how to do it per say but I can learn and help you in just a few minutes.
Hop on my irc channel it's darkmyst irc and the channel is #PetitComputer

Pixelrobin

@Gimmiemorecoinz, did you choose that name because of the super mario rpg fan music video?
Also: Coral maze log entry #2
*Texted among a variety of people. They claim it's too easy. @Ramstrong, What can I do about it? One of the seed uses was this way:
INPUT "SEED$"
SEED=ASC(SEED$)
IF SEED>=250 THEN SEED=250
'later in the code...
LINK=SEED
It works but how can I change this?
*Tweaked @Morphtroid's sprites. [Not too much, I just changed the background of extra items from blue to green]

Thats about it! Qr codes as soon as I get to a computer [As well as updated Temple raid].
-Thank you

Gimmemorecoinz

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

MrSirr wrote:

I don't know how to do it per say but I can learn and help you in just a few minutes.
Hop on my irc channel it's darkmyst irc and the channel is #PetitComputer

Btw it seems that to use the spanim thing you need to have more than one frame for the sprite you're trying to use.
In other words.. the built in sprites contained within petit computer are there. I don't know how to use custom sprites yet.
But try this:
I found this on another forum:

SPANIM 0, 2, 10, 0
this displays one of the graphics available for you. You may need to play with the #'s a bit.

That's the command to begin animation. To set up a sprite use SPSET (Control number , character sprite number, pallet number, invert h, inverted v, [width, height], priority)

In other words to draw sprite #13 you might do:

SPSET 0,13,0,0,0,1,16,16

To add a second sprite you would do

SPSET 1,13,0,0,0,1,16,16

To position a sprite use SPOFS (control number, x,y)

SPFOS 0,50,50

would put your first sprite at coords 50,50

If you wanna animate your sprite you can use SPANIM (control number, # of frames, time between frames, loop (0=loop, 1=no loop)

SPSET 0,100,0,0,0,1,16,16
SPOFS 0,50,50
SPANIM 0,4,20,0

Will produce a little animated wizard at coords 50,50.

I modified the above code so that I could move the wizard around.
BTW for future reference if you're trying to use button and you want an update more than once per frame you have to use button() not button(1) or whatever.

Gimmemorecoinz

Ok and with that I'm going to try to make legend of zelda link to the past for petit computer. How? I have no idea. But I have enough coding skill. I saw some other forum posts about people wanting to do it and with the way the sprites are it seems legit and possible. Maybe I could miniaturrize some of the dungeons. I'm starting to see developing natively in petit isn't so bad.

Nitras

I'm working on some sort of Zelda-like game. It's coming along nicely, but could probably be made more streamlined. I'll post it when I get it to a level I'm comfortable with sharing.

Nitras

Gimmemorecoinz

Nitras wrote:

I'm working on some sort of Zelda-like game. It's coming along nicely, but could probably be made more streamlined. I'll post it when I get it to a level I'm comfortable with sharing.

ORKAYYY I'll be SHURE TO KEEP A LUKE OOT

Pixelrobin

Oh crap I forgot: Hello World

Gimmemorecoinz

seems like this forum is really really slow... In case anyone hasn't realized it yet I really did make an irc channel for petit computer on darkmyst it's called #PetitComputer. Maybe tommorow some people will post and it might be interesting. i'm currently trying to learn how to use some of the sprites and I seem to be getting places slowly.

Gimmemorecoinz

bump

Gimmemorecoinz

How many people on here know how to use petit computer? I'm curious. And I want to know what the interest level is for doing a group project of some sort?

Can we get a vote? Too bad i can't make a poll on this thread.
On a scale of :
highly interested
very interested
interested
kinda curious
neutral
not interested
could care less

And for those of you who know how to program in petit computer also reply with:

I know everything about it (Expert)
Some skills and experience (Well rounded)
Just learning (Begginer)
nothing at all (newbie)

Anonymous_Ninja

@MrSirr when you load sprites they just take the place of the old ones. SPSET generates the sprite in the top left corner, you use SPOFS to move the sprite. SPANIM makes the sprite picture switch between the ones in front of it on the page (if you have one with its left leg foward, and one with its right leg foward, you can make it switch between them to make it look like its walking, for example). if you have any specific questions about sprites feal free to ask.

nope, no signature here...
I lied, here's my friend code: 2406-5448-5608

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic