Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 9,620

swordx

justlink wrote:

hopefully next time it will work. You code try just releasing a small demo?

There's already a demo...Somewhere...

swordx

IAmSpike

Soooo... who thinks I should enter my Rock Paper Scissors game in the contest? Should I make it so that it will stop after 1 minute for the contest version? I can easily do that with the SmileBASIC knowledge I have now...

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

randomous

@Philip Go for it! Maybe you could make it so that your goal is to win as many as you can within a minute. I know I always hesitate when I play rock paper scissors electronically, so forcing me to go quicker would be more exciting.

Sorry to ask this, but did anyone try the auto formatted dialog box I made? It's good for RPGs and stuff, since you wouldn't need to code anything extra for large amounts of text. I just want to know what you guys think about it, that's all.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

ramstrong

Philip wrote:

Soooo... who thinks I should enter my Rock Paper Scissors game in the contest? Should I make it so that it will stop after 1 minute for the contest version? I can easily do that with the SmileBASIC knowledge I have now...

You don't have to make it stop. 1 minute limit is a "soft" limit. Just as long as people can see it's good in one minute, is fine. But you're supposed to make up something new for the competition, not dressing up old stuff in a new form.

Anyway, since this being a new month and all, I'd figure I'd do something new.

I have been working on this maze generation program that I planned to use on D&D type of game. The eventual code will create "rooms" out of the maze. I will post the QR later, but here's a sneak preview of the main maze generating code:

@MAZE
CX=SCXCUR:CY=SCYCUR
GOSUB @PATH
GOSUB @CHOICE
M$=M$+C$+C$
M$=LEFT$(M$,LEN(M$)-1)
IF LEN(M$) GOTO @MAZE

@PATH draws the maze path.
@CHOICE sets C$ randomly for direction.
M$ is the maze data.
CX,CY is the current cursor.
SCXCUR,SCYCUR is the starting point.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

Okay, here are a few mini programs I made on my time but never got around to posting. I forgot about word and my disco program sorry. Here they are;

Robot
I have no idea why I made this one. It is a simple robot you can talk to. Even if it doesn't care at all.
Untitled

Random Story generator
This is a trial at a digital mad libs program. It failed, but you can try it anyway. It still works...
Untitled

Mem file changer
This is a program that allows you to change the contents of MEM files. I am still updating it, but here is the simple version.
Untitled

Flashlight
This is an attempted clone of a non-popular dsiware app.
Untitled

Glitter
I already released this one, but here it is...
Untitled

I will post more later. It is such a pain to get these up.

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Pixelrobin

@Ramstrong, Your entry is so similar to mine except that there are already pre-made mazes. My game is like pacman, The story is that you are in a dark temple full of enemies. You have 1 minute to collect as much treasure as you can and get to the door. Once you reach the door, your score will be calculated based on amount of treasure, time left, and lives left. You can place bombs but you can only do that when standing still and the enemies respawn. I have also added a flashlight effect to where your character is and everything else will be dark. The code goes something like this; (for the flashlight effect)
GRPIO 0
@LOOP
GCLS 14
GCIRCLE X*8+4,Y*8+4,60,3
GPAINT X*8,Y*8
REST OF CODE
WAIT 10
GOTO @LOOP
Did I mention, that instead of sprites, I will be using custom font?
To, me it is much more simple, yet more limited.
I will post QRS soon.

Edited on by Pixelrobin

ramstrong

bluerobin2 wrote:

@Ramstrong, Your entry is so similar to mine except that there are already pre-made mazes. My game is like pacman, [snip]
Did I mention, that instead of sprites, I will be using custom font?
To, me it is much more simple, yet more limited.
I will post QRS soon.

Oh, I'm not entering that. My entry will be Code Cracker. Check out my YouTube account simpletongeek for preview.
Actually, assuming your maze does not scroll, using sprites instead of custom font have merit. Smooth scrolling, for one. Multi-color for another.

For a maze game, I think my The Apple Picker Game is a good one. It gradually grows on you. It would have been a great competition entry, except it's not new.

EDIT
I uploaded my New Art Academy Tutorial on Virtual Keyboard on YouTube. Finally. I'm not sure I should broadcast that to NAA group, though. It's rather amateurish.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

ramstrong

Morphtroid wrote:

I'm still undecided on what to do for the contest if I do enter... I can't think of anything new and fun

If you pretty up your number slider game, I think it'll be a good contender. It doesn't have to be really fun, just have to be long enough for 1 minute!

Petit Computer Journal

Eel

Yeah but it's not very original... This being a japanese contest, the people there will probably come with awesomely extravagant minigames

I'll probably end up summiting that one game just for the sake of entering the contest though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ramstrong

Morphtroid wrote:

Yeah but it's not very original... This being a japanese contest, the people there will probably come with awesomely extravagant minigames

I'll probably end up summiting that one game just for the sake of entering the contest though.

Weeellll. I did say "pretty it up." If you put options in there like having the ability to use your own pictures like, say, Morphcowology, I'm sure the Japanese will appreciate the humor. Add options to set the X,Y resolution, and it'll be fine.

Petit Computer Journal

Eel

Oh but you can already use your own pictures

Maybe I could add the option to choose the amount of tiles or something, that sounds easy. Thank you.

Bloop.

Pixelrobin

ramstrong wrote:

For a maze game, I think my The Apple Picker Game is a good one. It gradually grows on you. It would have been a great competition entry, except it's not new.

What does "Grows on you" mean? My game does not scroll. I just need some small "sprites" as well. You will se what I mean when I release the game. Your apple picker game is a lot of fun, but it is close to completely different.

Eel

"Grows on you" means that you start to like something after some time of using/being in contact with it, kinda like a new neighbour who seems annoying at first but becomes your friend after some time.

Also, the fact that the apple picker game is not new to you doesn't mean it won't be new to them!

Bloop.

ramstrong

bluerobin2 wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

What does "Grows on you" mean? My game does not scroll. I just need some small "sprites" as well. You will se what I mean when I release the game. Your apple picker game is a lot of fun, but it is close to completely different.

I know yours are different. I'm just saying that the maze in my game is built-up gradually, instead of all at once like yours. It is a lot of fun, isn't it? I wish I can enter that instead!

Petit Computer Journal

ramstrong

Morphtroid wrote:

Also, the fact that the apple picker game is not new to you doesn't mean it won't be new to them!

This is actually one of the contest's rule. So, if I do that, that will be a violation of contest rule. It may be new to them, but I must abide by their rule.

And good luck with your entry! I know you're a great painter from your NAA work. I'm sure you will be fine!

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

It would be right to say: Good luck everyone and may the best programmer win! (Most likly not me ) Another reason I am using text 'sprites' is to practice for my help with @MrSirr's GTA Game. Just a reminder though, If you are entering, you have exactly 29 days at the time of this writing.

Pixelrobin

Also, a few questions. How does TruBlue Games and Media sound as a company name? Also, do you think I should change my current bluerobin2 mascot? And lastly, the 2 at the end of my name was supposed to be a gimmick of sorts. Would you like just bluerobin?

Hairmanban19

Keep your mascot,i love it.And that company name sounds great! And i don't really care about the 2 on the end of Bluerobin.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

I just tried (and failed) to upload the QR codes. Just so you know, there are 50 QR codes for the program itself. I don't know about the other files. I'll try again next weekend. Sorry...

No,another week of waiting!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic