Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

randomouscrap98 wrote:

So I was making a game and I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool if I made one of those dialog boxes which allowed you to give it some arbitrary amount of text and it'll automatically format it to fit within the text box?" For instance, the ones in any RPG with dialog boxes that are a fixed width, such as Pokemon/Megaman Battle Network/Pick any game with text ever. Anyway, I made one, and I'm really happy with the results, but I was wondering if anyone would even be interested in incorporating this into their game. If so, I'll try to trim out just the dialog functions from my game and post the QR codes.

If it is for the bottom screen, GIMME!!!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

ramstrong

@bluerobin2 I'm entering my code breaker program. It will be done next week. I just hope that I can put pictures in proper.

@randomfamous: that's textwrap. Very useful. Mind if you post it on tutorial thread?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

ramstrong

For some reason, I'm missing Quote and edit buttons? I'm on Surface Pro, MSIE.
EDIT
OMG. This is fixed somewhat. When I touched on the message, the buttons showed up. But then when I tried to click on them, they disappear! If I didn't know better, I would have thought this is a pre-run trial for April Fools joke! It's just so enticing to have the buttons show up, but disappear when you tried to click on them. This kind of user interface must rank very high on user annoyance level, just saying.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

randomous

@bluerobin2 It's for the top screen, but the code can be easily changed once I upload it. Just merge the locates and prints into pnlstr's and it should work.

@ramstrong "that's textwrap" I know, I just wanted to explain it in a way people would connect with. I'll post it on the tutorial if you like. Is there any particular format you think I should follow for the post?

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Justlink

@randomouscrap98
you callin me stupid >

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Justlink

randomouscrap98 wrote:

justlink wrote:

@randomouscrap98
you callin me stupid >

Of course not! Haha, why would I do that? That's just a mean thing to do.

it's ok, I forgive you for calling me stupid, nice try though. I think it would be cool for you to post the text wrap thingy. The only codes i've perfected are print, input, cls, acls, if~then~else,goto, gosub, clear, spset, spofs, spanim, spchr, spscale, labels, wait, load, save, sendfile, recvfile, x=y,

Pixelrobin

@justlink x=y? With those commands though, you can still make a very fun little game. I remember when I knew just those (or something similar). That was when Battlewood started .

randomous

Alright, so the code for the dialog box is posted on the tutorial section: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer_tut...

If you just run the code without any modifications, it'll show a quick demo of the ways you can use the dialog box. The rest of the code contains the functions which you can use to manipulate the dialog box. Feel free to use this in anything.

randomous

Justlink

by x=y, it's variables and strings

Justlink

How do you uploads pictures of qrs

IAmSpike

Go to tinypic.com
Upload the QR codes
Copy the contents of the box that says [IMG]http://i##.tinypic.com/...
Paste it here
TA DA.
(Btw this is the 1,999th post)

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

Pixelrobin

post #2000! How do display a number value on the bottom screen? I can only do strings...

Justlink

heres petit book guys, enjoy. Still needs a bit fixed, but hope you like it. Plz write if youu liked it.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Justlink

Justlink

big dog, tnink of it as a bday present, or an eastef present to everyone. and i kept my promise of having it out before easter

swordx

HAPPY EASTER!!!-almost

I'm going to upload the QR codes for Dungeon Adventure: The Cave of Monsters tonight. It isn't what it originally was going to be. I got sick of programming it because programming the sequel is much more, so I ended up rushing it. There are less sidequests than planned, the last boss has no specific moves, one character has a different move set than I had planned, the amory (which was for giving party members some gear) isn't open, the mayor does nothing in the game except for telling you that he's the mayor, there are only 12 floors (15 were planned), most enemies don't have an enemy-specific move, and there is no final-final epic boss.

I'm sorry that I cut so much. However, the final floor DOES have a VERY special enemy. Hopefully the earlier release of this game and its sequel will make you feel better.

Someone asked if there was anyone here under 14. I'm almost 14. Although I'm unsure as to why you'd care...

swordx

Justlink

@swordx did you get my game

swordx

justlink wrote:

I'm not really a fan of text based games...They kinda bore me...Sorry.

swordx

Justlink

swordx wrote:

justlink wrote:

thats not my text game, its my facebook petit computer app

swordx

justlink wrote:

swordx wrote:

justlink wrote:

thats not my text game, its my facebook petit computer app

I don't know anyone IRL that has Petit Computer...

swordx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic