Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 161 to 180 of 9,620

moomoo

I have a quick question: is it possible to save just music files? I really like making music using different ways (Beaterator and Warioware DIY were both really enjoyable), and if I could make QR music, I could easily share it with others.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Eel

moomoo wrote:

I have a quick question: is it possible to save just music files? I really like making music using different ways (Beaterator and Warioware DIY were both really enjoyable), and if I could make QR music, I could easily share it with others.

I don't think there's a way to save music as a "music file" but you can create the music in an new program file and save it as program.
Then you can share that as QR codes or "append" it to other programs where you want to use it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

moomoo

Morphtroid wrote:

moomoo wrote:

[/div]

I don't think there's a way to save music as a "music file" but you can create the music in an new program file and save it as program.
Then you can share that as QR codes or "append" it to other programs where you want to use it.

Thanks, now I think I'll get it. BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing your Petit Farm game, it sounds cool.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

LordJumpMad

bezerker99 wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Wait.....Ys I & II....wha??? D:

[/div]

[/div]

I'm not sure what you meant to ask, but...

[/div]

If I could play Ys I & II, I would download Petit Computer just for that alone. Seriously. ^^ That's too awesome! xD

Can Petit Computer really do that?
If there more games like this out there on Petit Computer, I'm sold.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Ispheria

Morphtroid wrote:

Yeah, that's because CHRED auto-arranges anything you load as background tiles (BGU) in 8x8 squares, so anything you draw in sprite mode (SPU, which by default is 16x16) and load as background tiles (BGU) looks different.

This

QW
ER

Becomes this

QWER

I'm glad I could help.

how do you get it to look like
QW
ER
in the end though?

Ispheria

Nintenbro

Or you could just download Y's Book 1&2 on the Wii VC @Morphtroid.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

KAHN

some people make the mistake of not getting this because they don't know or want to program. those people don't have to do that! there's always the fact that you can scan QR codes to get free indie games. for $8 bucks, this is a steal!

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

theblackdragon

i'd thought i'd solved the problem with my array yesterday, but it turned out i was very, very wrong — aargh this thing is driving me batty. i've been through example after example in several different kinds of BASIC, i've been fiddling with my code for days now, and i've just hit a wall. I know there's an answer, it's just that there's nothing out there that's helping with this specific problem.

this all works fine (minus any weird typos from me typing it into the reply box lol):

CLS
CLEAR

DIM A$(5,4)
FOR B=0 TO 4
FOR C=0 TO 3
READ A$(B,C)
NEXT C
NEXT B

DATA 5,1,2,5
DATA 0,5,4,5
DATA 5,3,5,0
DATA 2,4,5,5
DATA 3,5,5,1

RO=3
PRINT "You are in"
PRINT "Room No. ";RO
@EXITS
IF A$(RO,0)!="5" THEN PRINT "A door leads north.":WAIT 60
IF A$(RO,1)!="5" THEN PRINT "There is an exit to the south.":WAIT 60
IF A$(RO,2)!="5" THEN PRINT "You can leave via the east exit." :WAIT 60
IF A$(RO,3)!="5" THEN PRINT "A doorway leads westward.":WAIT 60

@WHICHWAY
WAIT 60
PRINT "Which direction?":WAIT 60
INPUT "N,S,E,W";D$
IF A$(RO,0)=="5" AND D$=="N" THEN PRINT "You can't go that way!"
IF A$(RO,1)=="5" AND D$=="S" THEN PRINT "You can't walk through walls!"
IF A$(RO,2)=="5" AND D$=="E" THEN PRINT "There's no door there!"
IF A$(RO,3)=="5" AND D$=="W" THEN PRINT "There is no door to the west!"

what I'm having problems with is actual movement throughout this space i've set up. I'm trying to get it to update variable RO (the room i'm currently in) to equal a value from the array I've set up. i've tried just about every variation of the following that I could think of and fiddle around with over the past couple days:

IF D$=="N" THEN RO=A(RO,0)
IF D$=="S" THEN RO=A(RO,1)
IF D$=="E" THEN RO=A(RO,2)
IF D$=="W" THEN RO=A(RO,3)
GOTO @EXITS

and every time i get it working (e.g. not giving me an error due to syntax or subscript out of range), the program will start in the proper room, but as soon as I try to move it puts me into Room 0. It prints the correct responses upon entry of both rooms re: which directions are possible for movement, and it gives the right responses if I try to move in a direction with a value of 5, but I can't switch rooms.

I did manage to get this working by coding it the long way:

IF D$=="N" AND A$(RO,0)=="0" THEN RO=0
IF D$=="N" AND A$(RO,0)=="1" THEN RO=1
IF D$=="N" AND A$(RO,0)=="2" THEN RO=2
IF D$=="N" AND A$(RO,0)=="3" THEN RO=3
IF D$=="N" AND A$(RO,0)=="4" THEN RO=4

IF D$=="S" AND A$(RO,1)="0" THEN RO=0

... etc. and so forth, you get the idea. doing it the long way works, but i know there's got to be an easier way of having the array update the room number variable.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Eel

I'm not sure, but... You seem to have two varibles A, one is A$ which is being filled with numbers, the other is A which is empty and you're using the empty one on these ifs. That could be just here though.

Gosh, I'm pretty bad at understanding others codes

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BulbasaurusRex

Morphtroid wrote:

I'm not sure, but... You seem to have two varibles A, one is A$ which is being filled with numbers, the other is A which is empty and you're using the empty one on these ifs. That could be just here though.

Gosh, I'm pretty bad at understanding others codes

That is indeed the problem. Change all those A's into A$'s.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

BulbasaurusRex

ejamer wrote:

First, arrays always start counting at zero. When you use the DIM statement, you specify how big the array is (SIZE), but when you try to get or set values be sure to use (SIZE-1).

Ah, man! Why'd they have to do that?! That's one of the more annoying things about C. Most versions of BASIC will start counting arrays at 1 like how real people count in real life. I guess I'll just use it as if they did start counting at 1 and just ignore the 0 entries. It wastes a little memory that way, but I really don't care unless I'm running up right against the size limit.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Mk_II

That's one of the more annoying things about C

nope, it's the exact same way that computers store things in memory. Offsets always start at zero and it is BASIC that is confusing the issue, not C
In computing, zero does not equal nothing

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

BulbasaurusRex

Mk_II wrote:

That's one of the more annoying things about C

nope, it's the exact same way that computers store things in memory. Offsets always start at zero and it is BASIC that is confusing the issue, not C
In computing, zero does not equal nothing

So who cares how a computer stores it? It's still annoying as heck for the programmers. Just design the programming language to start counting at 1 and automatically adjust it when compiling it to machine code. (This is probably what those other versions of BASIC do.) These are high level languages I'm talking about here, after all.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Mk_II

who cares how a computer stores it?

programmers. offsets apply to other things as well... memory location pointers, hardware registers and a whole lot more. It doesnt make sense to treat arrays any differently, it is after all just a block of memory.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Late

This hasn't been yet released in Europe, right? I've kept my eye on this thread from the beginning although I couldn't see the thread for week as I didn't have access to internet. I'm not sure if it was asked already but how complex games can you make with this application? I know you can make little arcade games but can you do few hours long RPG or Super Mario Bros. clone? I have never used Basic but I guess I could do something little after practicing for a while. I'd be happy if I could make something bigger later. I have very little experience in programming but I've tried a couple of programming languages and have successfully done some modding to few games.
One question that I almost forgot: I think I read somewhere that you can use touch screen in your programs. Is that true? If it is, what can you do with it? Are you able to make it recognize stylus movements like in most of the DS games (touch, swipes, etc.). Is it impossible to make it work like in Pokémon Ranger when you're trying to capture Pokémon (I think I know the answer)?

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Eel

Late wrote:

This hasn't been yet released in Europe, right? I've kept my eye on this thread from the beginning although I couldn't see the thread for week as I didn't have access to internet. I'm not sure if it was asked already but how complex games can you make with this application? I know you can make little arcade games but can you do few hours long RPG or Super Mario Bros. clone? I have never used Basic but I guess I could do something little after practicing for a while. I'd be happy if I could make something bigger later. I have very little experience in programming but I've tried a couple of programming languages and have successfully done some modding to few games.
One question that I almost forgot: I think I read somewhere that you can use touch screen in your programs. Is that true? If it is, what can you do with it? Are you able to make it recognize stylus movements like in most of the DS games (touch, swipes, etc.). Is it impossible to make it work like in Pokémon Ranger when you're trying to capture Pokémon (I think I know the answer)?

1- No, it isn't out in Europe yet.
2- In theory, you can make full length games with the right programing tricks and a lot of time, but I don't really think anyone will bother.
3- You can use the touch screen but it is graphically limited (as in, not as easy as the top screen) and you need to find workarounds for that, for the Pokemon Ranger question, read above.

About Petit Farm:
Untitled

Plants are now 100% functional. Cows are next.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Late

@Morphtroid: Thanks for the answers. I'd like to make a little game using capture mechanics from Ranger but as I thought it would take time and I wouldn't have the skills even after a year of practicing. Glad to see it's still possible at least in theory.

I have one more question to ask. Can you use both screens in your game or are you limited to just one and how does it work? By working I mean, do you have to have some kind of line to set the things to happen on top screen and then use another line to get things on bottom screen? Not really sure how whole programming works with this thing.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

ShawnWilson

I can't wait for Petit Farm man. I am excited. I think your the only one that has anything interesting going on.

ShawnWilson

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic