Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 9,620

kabutomania

hi i'm kabutomania id like to start a petit computer project based on mac osx
i was wondering if anyone might want to help?

Edited on by kabutomania

kabutomania

ramstrong

snoremac wrote:

steriaca wrote:

Just, Please, No, More, YouTube, Videos, Of, Your, Program, QRs.

goes it really matter. i mean really, so its not a picture, big deal

Yes, it does matter. Try scanning your QR codes after you post them. If you're having trouble, then it's a sure thing that other people will too.

Astro wrote:

I take it that this is never going to come out in Europe

You never know. I believe the attempt is there, at least.

bl0x0r3303 wrote:

can anyone make a sims game (search it if you don't know)

Considering that somebody made a text-only Sims game in one day, I believe it is possible.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Sprite

bl0x0r3303 wrote:

snoremac wrote:

no you cant

thanks for demoting my spirits

No problem! That will be $99999999999999 please.

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

ZombieChiggers

lololol
btw i am making a text based version of minecraft its still in production but it is going to be out soon. maybe two weeks to two and a half weeks

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

ZombieChiggers

bl0x0r3303 wrote:

snoremac wrote:

no you cant

thanks for demoting my spirits

well ok i am not saying no i mean to my opinion its kida difficult but thats just me but if you know the ropes i guess..

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

ZombieChiggers

ramstrong wrote:

snoremac wrote:

steriaca wrote:

Just, Please, No, More, YouTube, Videos, Of, Your, Program, QRs.

goes it really matter. i mean really, so its not a picture, big deal

Yes, it does matter. Try scanning your QR codes after you post them. If you're having trouble, then it's a sure thing that other people will too.

Astro wrote:

I take it that this is never going to come out in Europe

You never know. I believe the attempt is there, at least.

bl0x0r3303 wrote:

can anyone make a sims game (search it if you don't know)

Considering that somebody made a text-only Sims game in one day, I believe it is possible.

when i test my QR codes they work fine

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

ZombieChiggers

kabutomania wrote:

cool. ive already made an os called the DIRECTORY OS
so i could probably help. if its in ANSII art then yes. if sprites then no

Edited on by ZombieChiggers

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

bigdog00

kabutomania wrote:

Did you see my "cincos"? It was themed off of windows, with a few things from a mac (I own both a PC and an eMac), so I would definatley like to help.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

KAHN

is it possible to assign a string name to a sprite? i've tried assigning a string to a sprite, using SPSET, but it hasn't worked out. if it is possible, how do i go about doing it? example?

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

heatguts

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

is it possible to assign a string name to a sprite? i've tried assigning a string to a sprite, using SPSET, but it hasn't worked out. if it is possible, how do i go about doing it? example?

probably not, my theory on the way it is only numbers is because it is faster to type a number than a whole string.
why would you want to do that anyway?

So what if there's no Mega Mans in Metroid?
That doesn't mean we can't have metroids in Mega Man.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-1723-4299

KAHN

heatguts wrote:

programming, son.
more specifically, remember when i asked about moving "===" (post #1,334)? well, i just began translating the program so the paddle is instead a sprite (#64) wandering around a virtual environment. i wanted to name the sprite with a string so i could refer to it as R1$. it didn't REALLY need to be a string, just any kind of label would have worked.

KAHN

petiSnail

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

heatguts wrote:

programming, son.
more specifically, remember when i asked about moving "===" (post #1,334)? well, i just began translating the program so the paddle is instead a sprite (#64) wandering around a virtual environment. i wanted to name the sprite with a string so i could refer to it as R1$. it didn't REALLY need to be a string, just any kind of label would have worked.

You could always use a named constant for a sprite's control number. It would work just as well as a label would.
Ex.
BOUNCING_DEMON=23

SPSET BOUNCING_DEMON , 34, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0
SPOFS BOUNCING_DEMON , 6, 66

This would also work. VAL() only reads the first part of a string and truncates unused characters.
ex2.
S1$="23"+" BOUNCING_DEMON"

SPSET VAL(S1$) , 34, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0
SPOFS VAL(S1$) , 6, 66

petiSnail

Eel

Using names for sprites would make the code larger. I'm fine using plain numbers.

Using numbers also makes it easier to work with several sprites at once, imo.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

KAHN

well, i ended up wimping out on that and used SPOFS. the program runs well, but the character only animates (used SPANIM for animation when he walks) when i release the D-Pad, and by then he isn't walking anymore, so it doesn't makes sense. when he does move, there's no animation, and it's incredibly slow. i'm trying to fix it, but i don't know how it'll end up going faster.

KAHN

Eel

The "walking without moving" thing could be caused by using SPANIM in a loop, every time you set the animation, it restarts.

Since you're setting the animation several times during a loop it restarts several times very quickily and it looks like the character is not animated at all... Until the loop ends and the animation is free to go on.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

damolii

i havent been on a while and i have a few q and c's.
@bigdog00 just use the wikia,plz. you are about the only person who can use those qr codes

i need help with things. 1. i am trying to make a Beyblade spinoff on BASIC(yay).anyway how would i do the random movement? so far all i can do is make it follow my players beyblade.2. i am also making an rpg ecause the rpg's i have seen are good, but they have no storyline. how would i do something like a pokemon battle? it seems really complex in my head. last thing. everytime i make a sprite walk, it walks to a definite place. i am the one controlling it. how do i make it keep moving?.ok. info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

ramstrong

Morphtroid wrote:

Using names for sprites would make the code larger. I'm fine using plain numbers.

Using numbers also makes it easier to work with several sprites at once, imo.

That's because you're so smart, numbers don't trip you.

The reason variable names are preferred is because you can change it right at the top, and the whole code is modified. In other words: Maintainability. What if you want to change the sprite? You can have PADDLE=95, and have every PADDLE instance changed, or you can search for every "95" value in the code, and double check that is paddle, instead of something else. This is very helpful when your program goes large. For 500 lines or less program, then yeah, numbers don't matter. But what you're advocating is the use of "magic number" and that's bad programming practice.

In some circles, even the use of variables I,J for loops is discouraged. For example
FOR I=0 to 191:FOR J=0 to 255
is considered bad. The preferred style would be
FOR Y=0 to MAX_Y:FOR X=0 to MAX_X

This is only relevant if you ever want to work as a computer programmer, but it's good to keep in mind even when you're a beginner.

Morphtroid wrote:

The "walking without moving" thing could be caused by using SPANIM in a loop, every time you set the animation, it restarts.

Try using the command SPANIM in RUN mode. Actually, try using any command in RUN mode, and see if it helps you understand how they work.

There is a SPRITE tutorial in the Tutorial thread. Does nobody actually bothered to read the post, or is the post very confusing?

Also, snoremac has been walling. How about cleaning up some of the posts?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

KAHN

Morphtroid wrote:

Wait, were we talking about sprites or sprite characters?

well, if by sprites, you mean the command, and by sprite characters, you mean the sprites you see on the screen, then i was talking about the sprite command.

KAHN

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic