Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 9,620

IAmSpike

Oooohhhh, Choose your own adventure. Thanks for suggesting that I Google it, why didn't I think of that before? o.o And knowing myself, I'll probably make something totally reasonable insane. Again, thanks. Time to get to work...

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

heatguts

boxtropica wrote:

heatguts wrote:

boxtropica wrote:

Getting close to V2 of Galaxy OS- Almost done with the desktop!!

you mean, like a Windows/Mac desktop, or a petit computer program?

It is a Petit program, that is supposed to be like a desktop, with custom icons.

OOOO That's cool but how are you going to use custom icons?

So what if there's no Mega Mans in Metroid?
That doesn't mean we can't have metroids in Mega Man.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-1723-4299

bigdog00

So is it going to be like cincos?

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Hamjam00

@bigdog00 after you release HALODS/Space ops we should start working on either SS BOOM or PetitOffice/whatever we decide to call it. To all of you who dont go to school with us we are planning (PLANNING NOT DOING) a Microsoft Office-sorta thing on petit computer. If it is made it will be compatible with CincOS and Galaxy OS via a game pack including HaloDS/SpaceOps (again, this is drawing board phase, if we start it probably wont be until February.

Edited on by Hamjam00

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

bigdog00

@hamjam00 I think we should call it "Workshop". Just an Idea.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Hamjam00

bigdog00 wrote:

@hamjam00 I think we should call it "Workshop". Just an Idea.

Yeah, Petit Workshop? wait no "Cubicle:CincOS/Galaxy edition" anybody else think that this should be called "Petit Developers Channel"?

Edited on by Hamjam00

Twitter:

JadedSapphire

heatguts wrote:

boxtropica wrote:

heatguts wrote:

boxtropica wrote:

Getting close to V2 of Galaxy OS- Almost done with the desktop!!

you mean, like a Windows/Mac desktop, or a petit computer program?

It is a Petit program, that is supposed to be like a desktop, with custom icons.

OOOO That's cool but how are you going to use custom icons?

Well, you create an icon, and you type the program to execute when you type the name of it, then it saves the icon's program, and you may change the position as you choose.
Oh, and PETIT PATENT! Now- NO ONE WILL STEAL THIS IDEA >:3

Edited on by JadedSapphire

3DS FC:2191-8088-7187
Yours?

Hamjam00

hey @boxtropica where is Galaxy os i cant find it anywhere i want to make my future game compatible with it
ATTENTION! in a couple of days if there are any first time OS developers out there that wants a GUI for their OS i am releasing a simple "interface shell" called VPshell. It is a shell of a cancelled OS of mine that has a working clock. It is a pretty cool interface if you are just starting out. If you would like to use it give credit to me @hamjam00 if you use it! Thankzzzzzz

Edited on by Hamjam00

Twitter:

JadedSapphire

Hamjam00 wrote:

hey @boxtropica where is Galaxy os i cant find it anywhere i want to make my future game compatible with it

Don't worry, every game will be compatible with Galaxy OS, and so far GalaxyOS is unreleased

Yours?

Hamjam00

oh @boxtropica i thought there was an older version and btw did u make AwesomeOS

Twitter:

JadedSapphire

Hamjam00 wrote:

oh @boxtropica i thought there was an older version and btw did u make AwesomeOS

There was an older version- that was 1.0 And no I didn't make AwsomeOS

Edited on by JadedSapphire

Yours?

Hamjam00

boxtropica wrote:

Hamjam00 wrote:

oh because in the info it said you and Sypher45 made it

Twitter:

JadedSapphire

Hamjam00 wrote:

boxtropica wrote:

Hamjam00 wrote:

oh because in the info it said you and Sypher45 made it

??? What??? Huh.

Yours?

Hamjam00

VPshell is going to be posted on my twitter tommorow! you can find the link on my page.
*NOTE:It will include a button that transfers the user to NOStrml (a terminal app for Petit computer). You will need to modify NOStrml(saved as NOSSHL) so that line 32 of PRG:NOSSHL executes your os, not VPshell. If you make your own OS distribution based on VPshell, you MUST A)put QR codes up for NOStrml(PRG:NOSSHL) and B) read lines 1-14 before altering VPshell. Thank you guys!

hamjam00

Edited on by Hamjam00

Twitter:

damolii

@bigdog00 didnt steriaca and I say Pm was a bad idea? There is a sharing thread and a wiki. What more could you ask??!!

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

steriaca

damolii wrote:

@bigdog00 didnt steriaca and I say Pm was a bad idea? There is a sharing thread and a wiki. What more could you ask??!!

I did? Well, I do agree with you...use the Petit Computer Wikia and/or the Petit Computer QR Sharing Thread. I realy hate people who think thay must film the QRs with YouTube, ect. But thay are not the only options. There is setting up your own web page, and put the pics of your QR programs on that. There is putting pics of your QRs on a pic sharing site (like Flicker or Twitpics). There is leaving the pics as .zip files, and posting them on a free file storing site (like I have to do). There is asking people to e-mail you, and you send them the QRs in your reply.

Just, Please, No, More, YouTube, Videos, Of, Your, Program, QRs.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

tiger667

I am having trouble wrapping my head around SPCOLVEC, but I think it is what I need to determine if sprite collision happened because one sprite "landed" on another (ie. killing an enemy by jumping on it), it seems like the command only allows you to check a single diagonal quadrant around the sprite.

Edit: I also notices sprite groups and was hoping those could be explained a bit to me. (or a link shown to an explanation)
Edit 2: so I played around with sprite groups by making 7 different sprites I can control individually, and can give some insight for others who need it. there are 8 different groups for sprites numbered as follows: 1, 2, 4 ,8, 16, 32, 64, 128. when you set a sprite's collision box you can also set it to one or more groups (to set it to multiple groups just add the group numbers together and use that number, ie group "5" would be both 4 and 1) When using SPHIT() it will only register collision with sprites that share a group with the sprite you are checking, so if you put the hero and his ranged attack in different groups they won't trigger SPHIT() from each other, but if they are both also in the same group as the enemy sprite then they can both trigger hits with the enemy.

I hope I explained that well enough, and anyone else knows of another thing that groups can be used for please let me know.

Edited on by tiger667

tiger667

ramstrong

tiger667 wrote:

I am having trouble wrapping my head around SPCOLVEC, but I think it is what I need to determine if sprite collision happened because one sprite "landed" on another (ie. killing an enemy by jumping on it), it seems like the command only allows you to check a single diagonal quadrant around the sprite.

Edit: I also notices sprite groups and was hoping those could be explained a bit to me. (or a link shown to an explanation)
Edit 2: so I played around with sprite groups by making 7 different sprites I can control individually, and can give some insight for others who need it. there are 8 different groups for sprites numbered as follows: 1, 2, 4 ,8, 16, 32, 64, 128. when you set a sprite's collision box you can also set it to one or more groups (to set it to multiple groups just add the group numbers together and use that number, ie group "5" would be both 4 and 1) When using SPHIT() it will only register collision with sprites that share a group with the sprite you are checking, so if you put the hero and his ranged attack in different groups they won't trigger SPHIT() from each other, but if they are both also in the same group as the enemy sprite then they can both trigger hits with the enemy.

I hope I explained that well enough, and anyone else knows of another thing that groups can be used for please let me know.

SPCOLVEC, AFAIK, is used as a "look-ahead". In determining collision, say against a wall, you don't want the sprite to overlap. You want the collision to trigger before they overlap, and SPCOLVEC is used as the velocity of the sprite as a look ahead so you can take care of the collision before it occurs.

Your discussion about sprite group is correct. It is a way to manage sprite collision trigger so it does not overwhelm the program. You can also use it to spring hidden traps against player's hero but not wandering monsters, for example.

Linput14 wrote:

Wow based off mine? That's awesome! Anyways, could somebody help me with a breakout game I'm making? It won't have the bricks to break at the top, it's just to help me learn to make games. I need help with the sprites. I don't know how to move them with the d-pad, and don't know how to make he sprites different sizes (like the ball and the paddle). I ALSO don't know how to do sprite collisions or make the ball act like, well, a ball. :/

Hey, Linput14,
Please delete your questions from Petit Computer Tutorial thread. If you have questions, please ask them in this thread. Tutorial thread is only for completed tutorials. See Post#10. Also, your sprite question has already been answered. See Post#7.

steriaca wrote:

Just, Please, No, More, YouTube, Videos, Of, Your, Program, QRs.

Just because you don't like QR on YouTube, doesn't mean nobody does. People have been posting QR codes on YT for a long time. It's okay to ask for alternative distribution channel, but to ban something based on your personal preference isn't a nice thing to do. Please be considerate to other's feeling.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Eel

Based on his previous videos of QR codes, It's not just his personal preference, it's just that uploading a video of your computer screen filmed with an external camera is not the best way to share QR codes (which require a good image quality).

On a side note, I just updated my website to include all the Petit Computer programs I have finished, everyone is invited to visit it!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic