Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 9,620

ZombieChiggers

dude make it

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

Linput

One problem with ball, I don't know how to do sprite collisions or make the guy from ball

Linput-3DS friend code: 4725-8494-2702
Pokemon White 2 pal-pad code: 1979 9213 55

I'm currently looking for some peeps to make SALLY a website, facebook, and email. If anyone does this u will be mentioned as a producer in the SALLY OS credits! :)

bigdog00

snoremac wrote:

boxtropica wrote:

Hey! Anyone remember me & Galaxy OS? Well, looks like I'm back to developing it! V0.2 is in development now, and for those of you that don't remember it-

sweet u r awesome! BTW i just got halo 4 and it is awesome, in the future i may make a game like halo 4

PERFECT!!!! Do you want to help me with my "HaloDS" project (Spaceops)? If you do, We could make it so much better!

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

JadedSapphire

bigdog00 wrote:

snoremac wrote:

boxtropica wrote:

Hey! Anyone remember me & Galaxy OS? Well, looks like I'm back to developing it! V0.2 is in development now, and for those of you that don't remember it-

sweet u r awesome! BTW i just got halo 4 and it is awesome, in the future i may make a game like halo 4

PERFECT!!!! Do you want to help me with my "HaloDS" project (Spaceops)? If you do, We could make it so much better!

... HaloDS? 2D or 3D? 3D games are almost impossible with the limited use of the BASIC language...

3DS FC:2191-8088-7187
Yours?

JadedSapphire

Getting close to V2 of Galaxy OS- Almost done with the desktop!!

Yours?

heatguts

boxtropica wrote:

you mean, like a Windows/Mac desktop, or a petit computer program?

So what if there's no Mega Mans in Metroid?
That doesn't mean we can't have metroids in Mega Man.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-1723-4299

ZombieChiggers

bigdog00 wrote:

snoremac wrote:

boxtropica wrote:

hec yeah i want to help

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

Fadeintodust

I know there's not much point to it, and that I could easily just use apostrophes, but I'm curious. Is it possible to PRINT something with quotation marks in it?

Fadeintodust

heatguts

Fadeintodust wrote:

I know there's not much point to it, and that I could easily just use apostrophes, but I'm curious. Is it possible to PRINT something with quotation marks in it?

I'm not really sure-- and why did you post it instead of just trying it?
I know in some programming languages apostrophes can be used instead of quotes to define a string

And everyone else, if I can help code or something, let me know. I have no project ideas and i would like to help someone make a big project than make a small one myself.

Edited on by heatguts

KAHN

boxtropica wrote:

bigdog00 wrote:

snoremac wrote:

boxtropica wrote:

... HaloDS? 2D or 3D? 3D games are almost impossible with the limited use of the BASIC language...

it's a lot less limited with the EXEC command >

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Fadeintodust

heatguts wrote:

Fadeintodust wrote:

I'm not really sure-- and why did you post it instead of just trying it?
I know in some programming languages apostrophes can be used instead of quotes to define a string

And everyone else, if I can help code or something, let me know. I have no project ideas and i would like to help someone make a big project than make a small one myself.

Well, I actually did. But, I was wondering, maybe there's something I'm missing, a bit of code or something.

Fadeintodust

ChangeV

Fadeintodust wrote:

? CHR$(34)

ChangeV

Hamjam00

Hello world!!! I would like to announce to all of you a naval warfare video game for Petit Computer called "S.S. BOOM!" You will take place of a ship in the middle of the ocean dodging enemy ships and the torpedoes they fire at you. You defend yourself with missiles you control and fire them at the ships. This is still FAR into development, but the QR codes will eventually be released either on Twitter or www.zombie-soft.com.

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

heatguts

Hamjam00 wrote:

Hello world!!! I would like to announce to all of you a naval warfare video game for Petit Computer called "S.S. BOOM!" You will take place of a ship in the middle of the ocean dodging enemy ships and the torpedoes they fire at you. You defend yourself with missiles you control and fire them at the ships. This is still FAR into development, but the QR codes will eventually be released either on Twitter or www.zombie-soft.com.

Oh boy, we have another "spam twenty posts instead of editing the first one" user. And do you have previous basic experience? It might be hard to work on such an ambitious project with little or no experience. (I have not learned this from personal experience.)

Hamjam00

heatguts wrote:

Hamjam00 wrote:

Oh boy, we have another "spam twenty posts instead of editing the first one" user. And do you have previous basic experience? It might be hard to work on such an ambitious project with little or no experience. (I have not learned this from personal experience.)

I tried not to do that. Sorry. And I have been using petit computer since @bigdog00 explained it to me in late September 2012. And PS i just used the edit button.

Edited on by Hamjam00

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

KAHN

there's already a version of PONG out there, but it's really slow. i plan on making a faster pace version.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

bigdog00

@snoremac PrivateMessage me your E-Mail adress and I will send you the qr codes for all of it. the only way right now to get the update is to Private Message me your email adress. Now, maybe people will stop complaining about "I CAN' T SCAN THESE QR CODES!!!!"........ It is still far into development, but as for anyone who wants the update tommorow, please PM me your email. I will not spam you with EMails, just so you know.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

heatguts

Hamjam00 wrote:

heatguts wrote:

Hamjam00 wrote:

I tried not to do that. Sorry. And I have been using petit computer since @bigdog00 explained it to me in late September 2012. And PS i just used the edit button.

OK, that's okay. XD
So where are you in development?

@bigdog00: I cannot figure out how to PM you.

Edited on by heatguts

JadedSapphire

heatguts wrote:

boxtropica wrote:

you mean, like a Windows/Mac desktop, or a petit computer program?

It is a Petit program, that is supposed to be like a desktop, with custom icons.

Yours?

ramstrong

Philip wrote:

Ok, I really need more programs on PTCP. Anyone have any programs I can use?

You are free to repost any of my code on my Petit Computer Journal. Just give me credit. I'd prefer that you post a link, though.

tiger667 wrote:

I have started working with sprites and am wondering if there is a way to check how much longer a sprite will be moving.[snip]
edit: I have come up with a way to do it without constantly decrementing a variable. (though I would still like to know if there is a system variable or read command that holds this information). The way I found is to set a variable to the MAINCNTRL value plus the interpolation time, now you know when it is supposed to finish the movement. I hope this can help someone else as well.

There is no such built-in variables, something I do wish I have when working on my Asteroid program. That's why the bullets do not warp around. But supposedly, you can use your own variables up to eight. So just use MAINCNTRL in there.

theblackdragon wrote:

Guys, please stop using this thread solely for the purpose of sharing FCs or yelling 'anyone here?!' — you're cluttering the topic when there are others with genuine questions. When someone has something to say, I promise they'll say it, so getting frantic when no one's posted for a few hours is unnecessary.

As TBD says.

BTW, how is your text adventure game program going? It has been awhile, hasn't it? Did you get stuck? Did you figure it out on your own or somebody helped you?

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

help! writing a simple program to move an object (AKA "R1$"). but when i press on the D-Pad to move the object (AKA "R1$"), it just disappears! how do i edit the program below so that when i move the object (AKA "R1$"), i can see it move?
[snip]
@MVRIGHT
LOCATE RX,RY:PRINT R2$;
RX=RX+1
IF RX>29 THEN RX=29
RETURN

The reason you don't get to see the paddle is because you erased it, but didn't redraw it. Try this:
@MVRIGHT
LOCATE RX,RY:PRINT R2$;
RX=RX+1
IF RX>29 THEN RX=29
LOCATE RX,RY:PRINT R1$;
RETURN

boxtropica wrote:

bigdog00 wrote:

I don't mind something like Halo 2600, with better graphic.

To Morphtroid:
Believe it or not, I made a tutorial on how to do virtual keyboard on Petit Computer, using New Arts Academy Custom Lesson option. Not sure whether that's the way to go, though. What do you think? Is this something I should pursue or should I just keep doing it via QR code?

Philip wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

Can you make CYOA? I think those are pretty easy to make, and can be very interesting!

Uh, what's CYOA? XD

Just google "CYOA games." You need at the minimum:
PRINT, INPUT, ON GOTO/GOSUB, IF THEN/GOTO, label, variable.
Anything else is extra. Nice, but not essential. You don't have to use DATA statement. It's easier to just hard-coding it.

Or try this, post #31
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/any_3d_compatible_site...

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic