Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 9,620

damolii

thx

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

tiger667

I have started working with sprites and am wondering if there is a way to check how much longer a sprite will be moving. I need this to help with looping through the sides of the screen. I can currently do it with things that move a small bit at a time, but I want to add a ranged attack that can also loop, but want to keep its speed when it does without increasing the total distance it will travel (I know I can easily check how much farther it has to travel, so I can set that as a distance from the other side, but don't know how long it should take to travel that far). I realize I can do it by tracking a variable (set variable to time when first offset, then decrease it by one each vsync) but I was hoping to not have to have it constantly tracking this when it is only needed at the edge of the screen.

edit: I have come up with a way to do it without constantly decrementing a variable. (though I would still like to know if there is a system variable or read command that holds this information). The way I found is to set a variable to the MAINCNTRL value plus the interpolation time, now you know when it is supposed to finish the movement. I hope this can help someone else as well.

Edited on by tiger667

tiger667

swordx

Morphtroid wrote:

If you want to make your own series of games, you should use a less generic name.

I'm not so good with names... I'd change the name, but the earlier versions are already out, so it's a bit late.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Eel

You could add a subtitle... Like...
Dungeon Adventure: Something.
And then quietly get rid of the dungeon adventure bit with each release.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

swordx

Morphtroid wrote:

You could add a subtitle... Like...
Dungeon Adventure: Something.
And then quietly get rid of the dungeon adventure bit with each release.

It already has subtitles.

Work on Dungeon Adventure has been halted now that I have a Wii U. Work will resume eventually, but for now I'll leave it alone.

swordx

steriaca

Ketchupcat wrote:

Is it possible to make a game similar to Super Smash Bros or Minecraft?

All types of games ARE posable with the Petit Computer. It just depends on:
a) The skill of the programer/s,
b) The limits of the program (Petit Computer itself),
c) The willingness of the programer to spend the time and energy to program the program, and
d) 9999 lines of programing (which can be overcomed in more than 1 way).

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

steriaca

Philip wrote:

Ok, I really need more programs on PTCP. Anyone have any programs I can use?

I'll see what I can find. I already found 'Petit Columes' and not one but two 'Bomberman' type games...

heatguts

Goin on vacation... might not be able to post for a while.

So what if there's no Mega Mans in Metroid?
That doesn't mean we can't have metroids in Mega Man.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-1723-4299

bigdog00

sorry everyone, I was very busy yesterday as I just got 2 APPLE2e'S!!! I also got a RASPBERRY PI! also, lego pirates of the caribean and mario kart 7. I will post the qr codes by friday FOR SURE. This one does not have forge yet.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

heatguts

bigdog00 wrote:

sorry everyone, I was very busy yesterday as I just got 2 APPLE2e'S!!! I also got a RASPBERRY PI! also, lego pirates of the caribean and mario kart 7. I will post the qr codes by friday FOR SURE. This one does not have forge yet.

When you do, please use something other than youtube. last time i could not read them.
P.S. I just got MK7 too!

So what if there's no Mega Mans in Metroid?
That doesn't mean we can't have metroids in Mega Man.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-1723-4299

bloodofgore

I'm actually quite surprised a 2-D version of Minecraft hasn't came out yet. Can't someone just make a 2-D Minecraft? No mobs or special items, just building and possibly but unlikely redstone?

bloodofgore

damolii

i cant scan the thing, heatguts cant you just write the code as a comment?

bigdog00

OK. New idea. If you want "spaceops" (aka halods) that badly, private message me your email and I will send you the qr codes. I am also working on the very first map(almost real) for it. I would like help if that is possible. btw, now the buttons in level 5 make you look around too, not just the touch screen. I am thinking about making the touch screen the "move" action instead.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

damolii

@bigdog00 I think email. i am too lazy to go to my email and THEN scan those codes. why not put it on the qr sharing thread. Or petit wikia? I dont think I will play if you make it private email

steriaca

@bigdog00 : I agree with damolii. There is a reasion that the Petit Computer Wiki Exists (at http://petitcomputer.wikia.com , for thoes few who do not know). Just create a page and put your QRs up there.

boot

Hello, im new here. iv been on nintendo life petit computer forums for a while,i just dont post things.morphtroid every thing you make is awsome just so you know.how do you upload qr codes?

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

boot

Any one have ideas for my zombie game? V0.0.1 is almost done 900 lines so far. Now that I think about it,it resembles resident evil:code veronica a little. In the game,you play as your character that you name you wake up in a prison cell and you continue through the mansion. It is mostly text based. Its probably rated about teen. I used backrounds and some of them have a lot of blood.

Edited on by boot

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

Eel

I'm on a trip, so I won't be able to post the updated petit farm for some days, but I just wanted to say that version 1.2 is complete
I added new things and characters and fixed many bugs. There's even a form of achievements! (6 statues and another item that unlock for purchase when you meet certain conditions).
I'll post the update as soon as I get some free hours with internet on my computer.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GrabSomeEyes

Oh. Hi guys.
So, I haven't been doing much with Petit Computer (nothing actually). School's piling on work, and I'm just generally lazy so that kind of eliminates any progress.
I'll probably release the latest version of Eos OS tomorrow or something, I'm tired and it really isn't worth bothering over today. There were just simple modifications to the OS before I quit developing it, originally intending on adding a lot more I ended up pouring my ideas into "Ophion" AKA my Risk clone. Eos only got about a few days of development past the last release so don't expect anything nearly to par with what's been displayed since.
Ophion will probably never be released, or at least in the form it's in, I'd have to say I'm pretty proud of what I did with it in such little time, though I feel I could do much more with it. No real gameplay was ever added to it due to the fact that I was and still am (actually, my skill has decreased a bit since I last programmed, though I've done some stuff outside of BASIC and I've met other people who I'd like to collaborate with given the right time [AKA summer]).
Ophion was well... I like it. It was something I feel I like a lot because it was an experiment for myself and I pushed my capabilities on it. It was fairly artsy for what it was but past the map I had trouble formulating what I wanted the rest of the screen to look like. I had basic controls down (basically the same from Eos) and that was as far as I got. I didn't really have any clue on enemy AI or how to formulate my math for placing/gaining troops.
Anyway, if you read all that you just wasted a lot of time.
I think I'm just going to do a mini game for now and pour some resources into a bigger project that'll put me over my head again later. I've got some catching up to do too.
Looking forward to working with you guys again (hopefully). [Probably not].

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

ZombieChiggers

hello its me Cameron from the petit computer QR code sharing thread!!!

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic