Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 9,620

swordx

Morphtroid wrote:

Remember someone shared music qr codes from a japanese site some days ago?
I couldn't ressist and used the zelda overworld theme for the forest in petit farm... It looks just so AWESOME with it playing in the background :') I wish I could leave it like that.

@ramstrong: the book is not petisnail's, it's an official petit computer product, you should ask the developer if they plan to release it for other devices.

That was me who shared the music from the Japanes site.

You're using the Zelda music? Cool. So am I. I'm using almost all of that music for both Dungeon Adventure 1 & 2.

swordx

swordx

Morphtroid wrote:

I'm not keeping it like that though... I don't know who coded it so I can't even credit the creator.

Oh. I want to give credit for the music in my game, but I used so much music that I'm not even sure anymore. I don't know how to program music, so my only other choice is to only use the basic music.

swordx

damolii

thx bigdog00, but i need it for a specific location, like "stairs".

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

IAmSpike

ramstrong wrote:

Can you make CYOA? I think those are pretty easy to make, and can be very interesting!

Uh, what's CYOA? XD

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

heatguts

how do i spawn a sprite on another sprite and make it move in the same direction as the sprite it spawned on?
Not that this is what im working on (really im just messing around) but an example would be shooting an arrow on one of the original legend of zeldas

So what if there's no Mega Mans in Metroid?
That doesn't mean we can't have metroids in Mega Man.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-1723-4299

bigdog00

I am planning to add forge (already in production). I can not guarantee that it will be WORKING in the update on Christmas, but I am hopefully going to get it up and running.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

swordx

heatguts wrote:

how do i spawn a sprite on another sprite and make it move in the same direction as the sprite it spawned on?
Not that this is what im working on (really im just messing around) but an example would be shooting an arrow on one of the original legend of zeldas

You'd have a variable for your direction. Then, whenever you shoot, the arrow will move in that direction based on your variable.

swordx

bigdog00

Also, I just realized that I can no longer call it "HALODS" because it has the copyrighted word "HALO" in it. I will call it "spaceops" unless someone has a better name for it.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

swordx

bigdog00 wrote:

Also, I just realized that I can no longer call it "HALODS" because it has the copyrighted word "HALO" in it. I will call it "spaceops" unless someone has a better name for it.

The word "halo" has been around for many years. Not only that, but your game is non-profit. I could call my game "Super Mario PTC" if I wanted to. Nintendo wouldn't do anything, as the game is non-profit.

swordx

heatguts

swordx wrote:

heatguts wrote:

You'd have a variable for your direction. Then, whenever you shoot, the arrow will move in that direction based on your variable.

I do. The problem is, I need the sprite to spawn ON the other sprite. When I try, it goes to the sprite, zooms to some other location (seems to be on a vertical line) and keeps traveling. I need to make SPHOME 2,X,Y spawn with adjusted multiplication percentages to multiply the numbers by to change from (Y=0-22) to (Y=-10 to -125).
EDIT:Sudden Revelation maybe i need to take SPHOME out of the code.
Oh wait, I just typed up half the code and realized I had my x and y values switched.
To think I wasted a whole day breaking my brain on that.

Edited on by heatguts

heatguts

Ok, I think I have the hang of sprites now (sort of).
swordx, thanks for trying to help.

Now I just need something to make.

to bigdog00: I can't read your qr codes.

EDIT: Never mind, I need to know how to detect collisions now. (like in a platformer.)

Edited on by heatguts

swordx

heatguts wrote:

Ok, I think I have the hang of sprites now (sort of).
swordx, thanks for trying to help.

Now I just need something to make.

to bigdog00: I can't read your qr codes.

EDIT: Never mind, I need to know how to detect collisions now. (like in a platformer.)

I'd help you with sprite collision, but I'm not sure how to use it either. I've actually been thinking of taking a break from programming Dungeon Adventure and working on Dungeon Adventure 2, but I don't know how to use sprite collision, so it would be hard. I'm also not how to do background collision things, but I could use sprites as a work around for that one.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

heatguts

maybe morphtroid knows something.
or philip.
Actually, i made a small program where two triangles move past each other and if they touch they respawn, but i can't actually use them like a platformer, i can't do gravity or scrolling.

Edited on by heatguts

IAmSpike

Remember, SPHOME sets the center of the sprite and SPOFS sets its position. Try not to confuse the two.

Previously Philip.

heatguts

to Philip:thanks for the reminder, but how does that work with scrolling?
also to Philip: sorry, i meant to edit that post and forgot to do it and then i thought i edited it

Edited on by heatguts

IAmSpike

Scrolling? ... Uh... I have no idea.

Previously Philip.

swordx

I figured out how to detect sprite collision. It was actually quite easy. This means that I'll definitely be able to make a game similar to Zelda II when I'm done with Dungeon Adventure.

swordx

heatguts

I just made a little os- inspired by sally. I need to add some things to the credits, but then its done.
Ill post the qr code once i get it
Done but the codes only scanned for me in paint when i zoomed 200%
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u570/heatguts/qr3_zps7cac...
Once you check out the activities, see if you can think of anything for me to add.

Edited on by heatguts

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic