Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 9,620

Hamjam00

damolii wrote:

btw bigdog00, it cant find MEM:HALOCAMP on mine. I checked all your videos. nothing there...

I personally know him and he acknowleges this. I have this glitch also.

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

Hamjam00

@damolii it should work fine without it, i think it just saves your game stats.

Twitter:

Hamjam00

I might (MIGHT) make Pitfall! for my dad because it was his favorite video game as a kid. It will be hard, but i will try.

Twitter:

ramstrong

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i know this is about the 79th time i've asked, but...
WRITE A PROGRAM THAT YOU'D WRITE IN ORDER TO MAKE YOUR SPRITES MOVE MANUALLY OVER THE SCREEN. FILL IN ALL THE X's AND Y's FOR ME, PLEASE.

Tutorial #7 didn't do it for you?

Peidorrento wrote:

I can't believe that I got away from here for 2 months and this topic is still on top of the page. I have to restart my programming plans for Prisiorrento® right away!

Yes, please. I was wondering where you were!

Morphtroid wrote:

Just a note to @bigdog00: Making a "realistic" FPS (as in that it plays like a real FPS) is impossible with petit computer (unless you're a Japanese programming god or something).

The Eidolon was a FPS. Perfectly doable on PTC. Rescue on Fractalus was another. They still look good to me!

And unlike Peidorrento, I didn't go that long. Just during the month of November to do Nanowrimo. I'm a winner, BTW.

Philip wrote:

I can't think of anything interesting to make on Petit Computer that's within my ability... o-o

Can you make CYOA? I think those are pretty easy to make, and can be very interesting!

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

damolii

could someone give me an example of how to reset a button's fuction's. Sorry for the trouble. It's just that I can't seem to grasp what everyone is saying

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

ramstrong

Fadeintodust wrote:

You guys know those dares some programmers have done? Like that ludum dare, or whatever.

Think you guys might ever try that kind of thing with PTC?

Sometimes, I think all my journal entries are like that. Most of them are done in a few hours, to tell the truth. I'm just way too busy to spend any decent amount programming the computer. I still need to get Intensity 9 on Kid Icarus Uprising.

damolii wrote:

I've tried using a new function in a new loop, but it will just go back to the original loop.

Probably using the wrong loop label. Hard to tell without the source code.

damolii wrote:

could someone give me an example of how to reset a button's fuction's. Sorry for the trouble. It's just that I can't seem to grasp what everyone is saying

I don't understand the question, sorry. But Petit Computer Journal #3 and #5 deals with button.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Eel

Since buttons don't have preset actions (only SELECT), you can't really "reset" them... Because they won't do anything unless they're told to.... Or am I misunderstanding your question?

@personwhoasked: to update petit farm you only need to scan the "new" codes.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bigdog00

damolii wrote:

btw bigdog00, it cant find MEM:HALOCAMP on mine. I checked all your videos. nothing there...

On the main menu, just press the R shoulder button (trigger) and it will generate a new save. it will try to delete it, press OK, then it will make a new one.
wait, on another thought, do you actually play (and kinda like) it? It's ok, you won't hurt my feelings, but I would like feedback from anyone who plays it. The update should be up on Christmas or the Sunday before it.

Edited on by bigdog00

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

bigdog00

Can anyone give me some feed-back please? I really want to know what I should add to HALODS.

damolii

@bigdog00 its a nice game... but1. skeletons move around like thay haven't had their coffee, and there is no control help. i cant wait for update.

@ramstrong and @morphtroid i know the question is confusing, but i cant think of any other way to put it. i just want for instance the a button to start a cutscene, and then the next time for it to make the character sprite appear

P.S this was all tapped on my dsi. takes forever and a year.....

Eel

@damolii: Oh well, as I said, buttons only work when you tell them to. Their actions are not "stored" or anything. Chances are you'll use two or more different threads or loops for the cutscene and anothers for the other parts of the game. You just need to program the buttons in every loop. Or something.

On another note. I realized I hadn't posted anything about petit farm in a while so I worked on it today and finished the "gambling" minigame!
It's actually just a number guessing game. Everytime you answer correctly your prize gets doubled. Get it wrong once and you lose it all!
Untitled
All I need to do is program the town peddler (insta-buyer) and version 1.2 will be done.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

damolii

turns out you were right morphtroid. but since i had left to go to petit computer, i had to think about it myself. got it right though :]

P.S anyone ever played the game that is my icon before. its really cool. but first, before i make that, ill problably make a better Animorphs gbc game. that one sucked.

P.S.S i was wondering if anyone could show me an example of a code to make a portal. im a visual learner..

Eel

petiSnail wrote:

Official Peticom site Update:
http://www.petitcomputer.com/news/

They've released a tutorial manual as an Android app and translated it into English. They also want $10, but some might find it useful.

Here is the direct link to the app:
http://tinyurl.com/ca29pzn

I want it
But it's even more expensive than the DSiWare itself

I would totally buy it as a real book.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Peidorrento

swordx wrote:

Peidorrento wrote:

I can't believe that I got away from here for 2 months and this topic is still on top of the page. I have to restart my programming plans for Prisiorrento® right away!

What will the game be about?

It will be about a guy in a cave. A side view adventure more or less Starting to wonder if the effort will worth.

"A vingança nunca é plena, mata a alma e a envenena" - Seu Madruga
Presidente, CEO, Programador e único empregado da Peidosoft.
https://www.facebook.com/nonamefornowsoft

damolii

can someone show the code for a portal.... thx :^]

ramstrong

petiSnail wrote:

Official Peticom site Update:
http://www.petitcomputer.com/news/

They've released a tutorial manual as an Android app and translated it into English. They also want $10, but some might find it useful.

Here is the direct link to the app:
http://tinyurl.com/ca29pzn

I can't find it in Amazon.
I'm not about to read a whole ebook on my Android phone. Can you make a Kindle compatible version? I have Kindle Fire HD, and that's Android, too.

Petit Computer Journal

Eel

Remember someone shared music qr codes from a japanese site some days ago?
I couldn't ressist and used the zelda overworld theme for the forest in petit farm... It looks just so AWESOME with it playing in the background :') I wish I could leave it like that.

@ramstrong: the book is not petisnail's, it's an official petit computer product, you should ask the developer if they plan to release it for other devices.

Bloop.

bigdog00

well @damolii, my code for a portal is like this (just replace the sphit to whatever triggers the portal)
"IF SPHIT(9,1) AND B==128 THEN AREA=AREA+1"
"IF AREA==2 THEN AREA=0"
"IF AREA==0 THEN" Whatever you want it to do
"IF AREA==1 THEN" Whatever you want it to do

bigdog00

Also as an update to the update to HALODS: I am planning to add a VERY SMALL map to it, but I am not sure if it will be in the next update or not. btw, the next update (the one that will be out Sunday or Christmas) has a console (level 5 only). activate it by going to the pause menu, then pressing shoot(L). it basically can kill Z1 or Z2, RELOAD(full ammo for all guns),MEDIC(revives your health),RESET(resets the level), and the rest is for you to find out... Also, if you get the new version of CINCOS(will be released a few days after Christmas), and you launch it through CINCOS, You can complete level 5 through campaign mode (MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT!!!) Jk, but you will get an achievement for it (in the update after that)

Edited on by bigdog00

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic