Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 9,620

bigdog00

how do you get custom fonts at all? noob moment

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

bigdog00

it will be a little bit longer than 20 minutes, sorry. but if anyone can help me figure out how to make the zombie more life like, I could have that done for the first release. whoever helps me, I will give credit to.

bigdog00

and btw, @hamjam00 , how about we just use my 2SHOOTER game for jungle recon? We can make the custom backgrounds with sprites and stuff? I did it. I have all the scaling and touch commands working JUST RIGHT. I think that would be more fun if we had a "First person shooter" as jungle recon. btw (again) 2SHOOTER means SHOOTER v.2

bigdog00

and in case you are wondering, yes I am impatient, but I can wait. I am also a typing freak.

bigdog00

one more thing, how do you scale, offset, and set the home of custom sprites "SPU0:GRASSBLK"
yes, I am working on a first person shooter and a 2-d or 3-d minecraft game. the 3d version of minecraft would just be a modded version of my first person shooter.

bigdog00

2SHOOTER buglist:
when you scope and the target is on the enemy, it flickers orange, not a steady red.
the controls are just a little bit weird, with the touch screen as the "Looker-arounder" and the d-pad as the forward and back.
you can only side step, and when you let go of the button, you return to the center of the screen

bigdog00

I won't post this much again, sorry everyone...

Hale-Bopp

bigdog00 wrote:

how do you get custom fonts at all? noob moment

Here's what I did:

• run the built-in program called "PRG: CHRED"
  • touch the little icon (right next to where you draw the sprites, there's 3 icons displayed vertically) that has the label "BF" on it
  • this brings up the built-in default font
  • edit to your liking or erase what's there and draw in your own fonts
  • to save your font, touch the folder icon on the bottom of the screen, which brings up a command prompt
  • type 'S', hit enter, name your font, then hit enter again to save your new font

Here's the code I used to get it to work on both the upper and lower screen:

SYSBEEP=FALSE
BGPAGE 0
LOAD "BGF:FONTNAME", FALSE
BGPAGE 1
LOAD "BGF:FONTNAME", FALSE
SYSBEEP=TRUE

I had to double the code in order to be able to apply it to each 'page.' Further, I had to disable and then re-enable SYSBEEP in order to prevent the loading noise from playing while loading the game and the font:

Edited on by Hale-Bopp

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

steriaca

WEEGEEScripter wrote:

I have this cool game with no name, but I am trying to make a menu.
However, GAME2 has a menu so I looked at the scripting and I guess they made a @MENUSEL. How do Make one so it has a finger pointing to the menu and you can move it up and down and select stuff like in GAME2? Also, I made an "attack" (A.K.A.
LOAD"SPU0:STAR2",FALSE
SPSET 0,LOCATION,0,0,0,0,16,16
SPREAD(0),X,Y
SPOFS 0,X+128,Y,60
WAIT (60)
LOAD"CHAR1",FALSE
GOTO @LOOP)
which is basically charging as a little star towards thy foe. I am planning to make a health system, if I used this code and I did something like LUA 5.2:
ONTOUCH
SPU0:CHAR2, HP-10
would it work? Or does it work differently? Thanks,

WEEGEE OVER 9000 DOCTOR OCTOGONAPUS BLARGH!

Menu: The menu usaly uses the 'Button' comand. Remember, the joystick is, in reality, one big button. Exactly how...I realy do not know. I sergest lissening to the PetitProfesor tutorials over on YouTube.

There...you got an answer. Stop whining and start reading people's code. You might learn something.

Edited on by steriaca

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Eel

The d pad is actually just four buttons: up, doown, left and right... If you make a menu, you'll probably want to use up and down to move the cursor.
Up and down are 1 and 2 when you use BUTTON(), so you just need to check when the user presses button 1 or 2 and then tell the game to act accordingly.

Example:
@menu
Vsinc 1
If button(2)==1 then gosub @mup
If button(2)==2 then gosub @mdown
If button(2)==16 then gosub @ma
Goto @menu

@mup
Move cursor up
Return

@mdown
Move cursor down
Return

@ma
Do action based on the position the menu
Return

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Discostew

Just a suggestion, but I think it would be best to store the button state in a variable once per vsync and use the variable instead of using the button state multiple times.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

bigdog00

Sorry everyone, but I just got grounded. I am renaming 2SHOOTER to HALODS. It has a shotgun, sniper rifle, assault rifle, and magnum (pistol). It will have (hopefully) health packs and player positioning (if the x coordinate and y coordinate of the player is where the enemy was killed, you can use it to pick up the gun.) the controls are hardish, as the touch screen lets you look around, the dpad moves you, and the L button shoots.

bigdog00

So, I think I have figured out how to make the zombie(s) more life like. Any help would still be nice. My idea is this:
'When you move any direction, it changes PLAYX and PLAYY
If PLAYX>=128 then x2=x2+PLAYX
If PLAYY>=95 then y2=y2+PLAYY
If PLAYX<=128 then x2=x2-PLAYX
If PLAYY<=95 then y2=y2-PLAYY
'X2 is the x coordinate of the zombie/grunt and y2 is the y coordinate of it.

Please tell me if I am wrong. Thanks !

bigdog00

I also am trying to find out how to make a "room". I want it to be realistic, but still like halo.
Edit: can someone please teach me how to use the DATA and READ commands?

Edited on by bigdog00

Back2Basix

Hi everyone, just made a PTC app wanted to broadcast it; it is a timer and a stopwatch! For free and it can't (realistically) break! Here's the link to the video with the link in the description to a mediafire download which has the QR codes in it.

Back2Basix

Back2Basix

bigdog00 wrote:

I also am trying to find out how to make a "room". I want it to be realistic, but still like halo.

Well bigdog00, I am also new at PTC so I don't know what "read" is but DATA can be used for things like music, tiles etc. Example of a piece of music (don't know how to make tiles XD)

DATA ":0@1T120O4"
DATA "C8D8E8F8"
'This will play (quarter) notes C, D, E and F. 4 is for halfnote, 2 for whole, 1 for whole-tie, underscore for statacco, > and < for octave adjustment, & for tie/slur, etc
Ask the pros for more help

Back2Basix

swordx

Back2Basix wrote:

bigdog00 wrote:

Well bigdog00, I am also new at PTC so I don't know what "read" is but DATA can be used for things like music, tiles etc. Example of a piece of music (don't know how to make tiles XD)

DATA ":0@1T120O4"
DATA "C8D8E8F8"
'This will play (quarter) notes C, D, E and F. 4 is for halfnote, 2 for whole, 1 for whole-tie, underscore for statacco, > and < for octave adjustment, & for tie/slur, etc
Ask the pros for more help

READ is used to read the DATA. It is needed in most cases, but MML is an exception. You can place many variables in one line through DATA.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

IAmSpike

I can see it now...

Untitled

(Nothing interesting to say here)

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

swordx

Morphtroid wrote:

I'd love to make a game like that someday...

You should. Game & Watch Games are fairly simple to make, so it wouldn't even take that much work!

swordx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic