Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 9,620

Hamjam00

bigdog00 wrote:

haha @hamjam00. You know I helped you with 4rost and popcorn. btw, Hamjam and I are friends. (local)

i didnt say popcorn or frost

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

Hamjam00

jungle recon is in development, my new strategy-shooter game for ptc

Twitter:

bl0x0r3303

Hamjam00 wrote:

jungle recon is in development, my new strategy-shooter game for ptc

i cant wait for it it sounds awesome

bl0x0r3303

Fadeintodust

I have yet another question. Is it possible to have something like: Tapping the A button will cause one attack, and holding the button will allow for a different on-going attack?

Edit: I just remembered that the game Reflect Edge does just that... but how?

Edited on by Fadeintodust

Fadeintodust

petiSnail

Fadeintodust wrote:

I have yet another question. Is it possible to have something like: Tapping the A button will cause one attack, and holding the button will allow for a different on-going attack?

Something like:
@LOOP

IF BUTTON()==16 THEN COUNT=COUNT+1 ELSE COUNT=0
IF COUNT == 1 THEN GOSUB @STAB
IF COUNT > 60 THEN GOSUB @SPINSLASH
'count is used as a timer to get an instant 'stab' action and if the count is > 60, then a continuous 'spinslash' move (ala zelda)
GOTO @LOOP

Hopefully that'll give you an idea of what to do.

petiSnail

WEEGEEScripter

I have this cool game with no name, but I am trying to make a menu.
However, GAME2 has a menu so I looked at the scripting and I guess they made a @MENUSEL. How do Make one so it has a finger pointing to the menu and you can move it up and down and select stuff like in GAME2? Also, I made an "attack" (A.K.A.
LOAD"SPU0:STAR2",FALSE
SPSET 0,LOCATION,0,0,0,0,16,16
SPREAD(0),X,Y
SPOFS 0,X+128,Y,60
WAIT (60)
LOAD"CHAR1",FALSE
GOTO @LOOP)
which is basically charging as a little star towards thy foe. I am planning to make a health system, if I used this code and I did something like LUA 5.2:
ONTOUCH
SPU0:CHAR2, HP-10
would it work? Or does it work differently? Thanks,

WEEGEE OVER 9000 DOCTOR OCTOGONAPUS BLARGH!

Bombs? You want 'em? They're yours, my friend.
Oh thanks, how do you use 'em?
Oops...Do you think the sky had a WEEGEE?

Twitter:

swordx

petiSnail wrote:

Fadeintodust wrote:

Something like:
@LOOP

IF BUTTON()==16 THEN COUNT=COUNT+1 ELSE COUNT=0
IF COUNT == 1 THEN GOSUB @STAB
IF COUNT > 60 THEN GOSUB @SPINSLASH
'count is used as a timer to get an instant 'stab' action and if the count is > 60, then a continuous 'spinslash' move (ala zelda)
GOTO @LOOP

Hopefully that'll give you an idea of what to do.

That's basically how I'm doing it for my action-button attacks on Dungeon Adventure.

swordx

portealmario

There is one big problem with making "os"'s on petit computer, you have absolutely NO access to memory, not even just the file names

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

Hamjam00

3OS 2.0.0 "Rascal" (major update #1) just finished with it! You do not scroll using the triggers anymore, but now you use the d-pad. also bug fixes.

Twitter:

Hamjam00

portealmario wrote:

There is one big problem with making "os"'s on petit computer, you have absolutely NO access to memory, not even just the file names

I agree. also me and bigdog00 are some of the only people on petit computer that are NOT numerically operated (like, type 1 for menu, etc).

Twitter:

Hamjam00

Jungle Recon will be a heavily modified version of Simple Stg. It will have a WAY different look, but most of the background coding will be from Simple Stg.

Twitter:

81Rambler

I have a question regarding certain console characters, specifically ASC 31, or that would be the additional empty space near the top of the character list. So far as I can tell, putting in a space and getting a ASC call from that returns a '0', but how would I go about putting the second 'space' into a string without having to resort to a convroluted algorithm? (Or is it even accessable from the keyboard in the first place, is what I mean to ask)

81Rambler

portealmario

@Hamajam actually, I don't know of any that are numerically operated anymore, but maybe that's because I haven't looked at the newest ones

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

WEEGEEScripter

Wow, some nice forum. I post a question and no one cares, they continue their conversation. I won't be on here anymore, I'm not impressed. Please ban me. Or show some respect.

Bombs? You want 'em? They're yours, my friend.
Oh thanks, how do you use 'em?
Oops...Do you think the sky had a WEEGEE?

Twitter:

Discostew

@WEEGEEScripter

Um, if you expect others to show respect, then show some yourself. People aren't on here 24/7, and some people just don't have an answer. to have no answer doesn't mean they are ignoring you.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Hale-Bopp

Anyone happen to know how to get custom fonts to work on the lower screen?
edit: nevermind, I just found out how to do it.

Edited on by Hale-Bopp

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

lolkelvinlol

WEEGEEScripter wrote:

Wow, some nice forum. I post a question and no one cares, they continue their conversation. I won't be on here anymore, I'm not impressed. Please ban me. Or show some respect.

pfff like ur gonna aanswer AAALLLL the questions we ask. THINK before u post man!

my friend code:0817-5045-4594

Twitter:

Fadeintodust

Has anyone been screwing around with Audino Petit at all? I've been having alot of fun with it, and looking at the information page, it says one of it's functions allows it to save a file that can be accessed using prg: sample12. The wave editor deally. Naturally, I don't know what good that is, can someone tell me?

Fadeintodust

bigdog00

well, @hamjam00, I just made a VERY SIMPLE first person shooter. I said SIMPLE. But I can't figure out how to make the zombie move like an AI. If someone could help me out, that would be very nice. right now, all you can do is move forward, back, side step left or right, scope, and shoot. You have a machine gun, health, a main menu, and it also has to "reload" every 10 shots. the zombie has 15 shots before he dies, but you can easily change that by changing the -ZL1=15 - variable. I need help making the zombie more "Life like". I will try to post the qr codes soon (as in 20 minutes)

Edited on by bigdog00

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic