Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 9,620

Eel

koopatroopaX wrote:

hey morphtroid, how is petitcross coming. i can't wait for the release of petit farm v 1.2. really m hoping that it will come out before the next demo of mega man 2 by discostew. also found out that my 99999, money dissipearing was because i forgot to save, sorry about that.

It's actually pretty complete, I just need to add some more default puzzles... But Pokemon White 2 and other games keep getting in the way!
Also, good to hear that wasn't a glitch!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

koopatroopaX

great to hear that, thanks for the update. i have had problems with black and white before, always have to find every little thing in the game before i can think about something else. good luck !

koopatroopaX

Late

Morphtroid wrote:

koopatroopaX wrote:

hey morphtroid, how is petitcross coming. i can't wait for the release of petit farm v 1.2. really m hoping that it will come out before the next demo of mega man 2 by discostew. also found out that my 99999, money dissipearing was because i forgot to save, sorry about that.

It's actually pretty complete, I just need to add some more default puzzles... But Pokemon White 2 and other games keep getting in the way!
Also, good to hear that wasn't a glitch!

Do you design your own puzzles or do you use puzzles made by others? I've made some Picross puzzles and would kindly give them to you to use them in your game but I'm not exactly sure if I can still find my old puzzles. I think I still have some from last year I could find if I'd take a look around. I used to make those at school and let my friends solve them. They got pretty addicted just like me.
So if you need some custom Picross, just tell me and I'll try to find old ones and maybe even do new ones.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Eel

I have been making them randomly lol
I'll be glad to accept yours... Making them myself is kinda slow.
They'd need to be 15*15 at max, though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

tiger667

May I make a request, I'm not good enough with PC to do anything 3d, would you be able to include some 3d picross puzzles or would that be too hard in PC.
I know someone had a 3d block placing program, not sure how different it would be from that.

tiger667

81Rambler

I've been vexed with a graphical editor I've been working on. Does anyone know an effective way to pull an 8x8 graphic tile from the GPU/SPU/BGU set and turn it into a 64 character string? (essentially the reverse of the CHRSET command)

81Rambler

Discostew

81Rambler wrote:

I've been vexed with a graphical editor I've been working on. Does anyone know an effective way to pull an 8x8 graphic tile from the GPU/SPU/BGU set and turn it into a 64 character string? (essentially the reverse of the CHRSET command)

CHRREAD can grab 64-character strings from the BGUx and SPUx sets, but not from graphics, as it is just layers, and not holding tiled data. You'd have to use loops and read from it manually to construct such a string via GSPOIT, but each pixel isn't 4-bit like they are with the BGu/SPUx sets. They are 8-bit pixels, so if you were to construct a string with that using 4-bit digits, it would most likely be a 128-character string with 2 HEX digits per pixel.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

81Rambler

Discostew wrote:

81Rambler wrote:

CHRREAD can grab 64-character strings from the BGUx and SPUx sets, but not from graphics, as it is just layers, and not holding tiled data. You'd have to use loops and read from it manually to construct such a string via GSPOIT, but each pixel isn't 4-bit like they are with the BGu/SPUx sets. They are 8-bit pixels, so if you were to construct a string with that using 4-bit digits, it would most likely be a 128-character string with 2 HEX digits per pixel.

Actually you nailed what I ment to say directly on the head. I ment to refer to BGU/SPU/BGF sets, that is sprites, background and console tiles respectively. While I figured that CHRREAD was the command I was looking for, the help file/manual doesn't seem to be very helpful to it'd proper use (not listing anything on it's Return section, for starters).b I've been pretty busy lately, so I havn't had as much time to mess with coding. Pardon my redundant questions x_x

I may post a QR code of the base character viewer this weekend, which while working does not serve a greater function than viewing, but it will help illustrate what I'm working on.

81Rambler

Discostew

@81Rambler

Yeah, the use of CHRREAD is different from other functions, because the result is set at the end of its parameters (outside of the parenthesis). The input is within the parenthesis, while the output is after it. Many other "read" functions operate in this fashion as well.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Late

Morphtroid wrote:

I have been making them randomly lol
I'll be glad to accept yours... Making them myself is kinda slow.
They'd need to be 15*15 at max, though.

Couldn't find my notebook which had many Picross of all kind of sizes so I've now made some new ones. I have four video game related 15x15 sized puzzles ready for your use and I'm going to make more. How should I put them here? Would you like to have them scanned (with or wihout the completed version) or should I just give you the numbers or what?

It's its, not it's.

portealmario

I need some people to work with, so do any of you want to be on my 3DS friends list?

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

Eel

If you could put them in image form here it would be great. (or you could also send them to the email direction I included in the code of petit farm).

Bloop.

Late

It's already an evening and I'm pretty tired so I'll put them here tomorrow. I wish I could play your Petit Farm, Petit Blocks and your Picross game but I'm from Finland and we Europeans don't have Petit Computer yet.

It's its, not it's.

Eel

Oh ouch sorry.
If you don't feel like scanning them, you can also do them in paint with plain pixels.

Thanks again.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Late

Like this?
Thanks to you too. Would you kindly add my name to credits or something?

It's its, not it's.

bloodofgore

Ug, would someone please explain how to use DATA? I've read up on it and still can't understand how to use it. How set the variables for DATA?

bloodofgore

lolkelvinlol

im making an OS called Kelvin OS and it is EPIC! Like pokemon, you walt around the city except its just a small town and the houses you enter take you to a program. i have 6 apps,9 games and2 extras. Amusement park, just walk left,go through gate and play. And also Panic mode. Inspired by Sally OS. So far it has 928 lines!

my friend code:0817-5045-4594

Twitter:

swordx

I've started to program Dungeon Adventure again, and I'm adding party members now. However, all party members, excluding the main character (swordx), will be obtainable through optional sidequests that will change the area around you, as well as their dialogue. The first of these extra party members is almost finished, and they'll all have unique abilities, weapons, resources, stats (excluding armor), and action buttons for their normal attacks. All of them are planned to be found within the town.

swordx

KAHN

well, i've gotten pretty deep into the zelda iii project. story gets pretty dark and intense. i can safely say that dark link will have a larger part in the story. large enough to shape the rest of the story. havent began programming yet. not until i finish everything.
(oh, and expect a crap-ton of separate programs for the story. petit computer might bee too small for the whole game. or, i'll find a way to put it all in one, but expect a crap-ton of QR CODES to scan)

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic