Forums

Topic: Okami and Okamiden

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Cipher

I demand a forum specifically for threads relating equally to Wii and Nintendo DS and I demand it now! Demand, I say!

I've got a little (read: huge) list of games I want to pick up in the near future and both Okami and Okamiden have been on it for some time now. Out of interest, though, would I benefit from playing through Okami first - would I actually need to in order to understand Okamiden - or does it not matter which I play first?

I'm very particular about playing games "in order" and it probably shows.

Edited on by Cipher

Jango-Forest

You don't need to play Okami first, but it would probably enhance your enjoyment of Okamiden. Technically, it's a sequel, and there are plenty of references to the original, but it's more of an accompaniment to Okami. In that respect, Okami is the main course, and as such, should be enjoyed first (especially if you're particular about that sort of thing).

Jango-Forest

theblackdragon

if you're that particular, absolutely pick up Okami before Okamiden. It really draws a lot from Okami, and you'll appreciate it that much more, i think — the world is exactly the same; i was seriously running around and knew every place i was going like the back of my hand.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

bboy2970

Definitely go for the original Okami first. Although it isn't needed, your experience with Okami will make your time with Okamiden that much better since there are a lot of references to the original. And it is kind of neat to return to this world you end up knowing so well 6 months later.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Blaze

Okamiden (as has been mentioned before) isn't really a sequel to Okami, and there is no real need for you to play Okami first, you will 100% understand the story-line of Okamiden just fine without it, but there are 2 reasons that make me think you should play Okami first.

1. You seem VERY particular about playing games in order and not the sequel before the original
2. I suppose playing Okami first does enhance your enjoyment of Okamiden to some extent.

They're both great games though, 2 of the very best!

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

kkslider5552000

yeah, definitely get Okami first. A lot of info (sometimes necessary info if you want to fully know what's going on) about Okami in Okamiden is only revealed in terribly boring text anyway. (not as bad as Golden Sun DS but still...)

And Okami is definitely better (even though Okamiden is really good and far better than a Capcom sequel to a 3D game on a handheld not called 3DS has any right to be).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

theblackdragon

Cipher wrote:

I've wanted to get my hands on Okami since before Okamiden came out, and opinion seems pretty unanimous, so I'll try to pick up Okami first for sure.

Glad to see you've come to a decision! I don't really think there's a way to go wrong, though; both games are great :3

Next time you have any cross-platform recommendations to ask for, though, the universal recommendations thread is here. Please feel free to use it :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.