Forums

Topic: Oh no! Inverted Camera!

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

GamerZack87

I just figured out a problem with my DSi! Pictures taken with the inner camera are mirrored! It's like everything is in reverse, like the reflection of yourself and the room in a mirror! Anybody else have that problem?

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

theblackdragon

Mine's not done charging yet, but i wouldn't be surprised if that's normal -- it's a fairly common thing with cameras that show you what you look like as you're taking your picture. my laptop does it, and so does my cell phone.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

GamerZack87

You're right theblackdragon; I double-checked some videos, and it seems that the camera is supposed to be that way.

CHINK

geek-master

quote:
i think if you got your warenty on your dsi you can send it into noa and they can fix it

well boy was i wrong omg. well when you take the photo's can you get them de:inverted with your computers photo editor so why be scared just go with the flow

Edited on by geek-master

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

GamerZack87

It's okay, geek-master, that's how the camera's supposed to be.

Thanks for the advice though

Edited on by GamerZack87

CHINK

Victoria

LOL ... I didn't even notice, but you're right. It doesn't look strange to me though. But if it would haven't have been inverted, it probably would really look strange. Imagine waving in front of the internal camera and seeing your reflected hand on the other side of the screen. Now that would be weird.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

GamerZack87

That's true

CHINK

geek-master

)
well it so happens that the dsi camra is inverted DX but nintendo can fix it frew a dsi firmware update i hope

Edited on by geek-master

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

ilomoga

I didn't even think about that, but it only seems logical - if you use the camera it's mirrored and gives you the feeling like you're looking into a mirror. It's annoying and confusing if it's not, cause when you move in front of the camera and the picture is mirrored it's a much more natural feeling than without mirroing (cause that's the way you see yourself in the mirror your whole life ^^). If you really want to make pictures not mirrored either mirror them again on your computer or use the outer DSi camera

ilomoga

warioswoods

Yes, this is intentional and shouldn't really surprise anyone. The photo app on the DSi is clearly inspired by Photobooth on a Mac (warping effects, filters, etc), and that's exactly how a Mac laptop handles its user-facing camera, so that you don't get confused when positioning yourself as you would before a mirror.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Victoria

Have you noticed that when you use the internal camera in low light the image has a little bit of lag time. It's really weird seeing yourself blink.

theblackdragon

that happens with my phone in low-light situations as well, it's normal (and sometimes people get caught with weird expressions, too, not just blinking, lol). also, since the DSi doesn't have a flash (like my phone), you'll notice that your hand needs to be a little steadier when the lighting is bad because the shutter stays open a little longer to compensate (to absorb as much light as it can). if you move away too quickly from a picture in low light to take the next, you'll end up with a bunch of blurry pictures.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Victoria

JustYourAverageBleh wrote:

is it really mirrored?

Well yeah. It's just like looking at your self in the mirror. If it wasn't it would be really really weird. It has to be for those games where it follows your actions. It would be difficult if the game wanted you to grab something on the left side of the screen and you needed to move your right hand to do it. So having it mirrored makes perfect sense. You don't really notice it when you're playing with that camera, but if it wasn't mirrored I'm sure you find it very odd.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.