Forums

Topic: Nintendo DS Hidden Gems

Posts 101 to 104 of 104

GreatApeEscape

I recently started collecting for the DS, so I've stumbled across a lot of great games. A few I'd recommend are Hotel Dusk Room 215, Glory of Heracles, and the Puzzle Quest Games. Hotel Dusk is basically a point-and-click noir mystery that's great all around, and feels much more real than many similar games, due to its downright fantastic writing. This one is somewhat hard to find, but isn't terribly expensive, as it can be found for less than $15 without too much effort. Glory of Heracles is a fairly by the books JPRG, but its ancient Greek setting and use of a mythos that most people are somewhat familiar with really sold me on it, as well as the sheer amount of various statistics, mechanics, and statuses that are involved in its combat system. The complexity may seem daunting, but it's surprisingly easy to grasp, but is still complex enough to interest players more familiar with JRPGs. This one is a little hard to find, and varies greatly in price. I've seen it go for anywhere between $5 and $35. Finally, the Puzzle Quest games are like a mix between Bejeweled and an old PC RPG like Baldur's Gate, relying on match three puzzles instead of a traditional combat system. The first one is more grand in scale, but consists almost entirely of puzzles, menus, and a world map, while the second takes place almost entirely within a massive dungeon and the surrounding town. Both are great, and incredibly cheap, normally going for about $5.

Edited on by GreatApeEscape

GreatApeEscape

samus1818

My list
1. Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light- I think this game inspired Bravely Default for 3DS. I like the changes they made to this FF game.
2. Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings-Yes a DS game, sort of like FF and Pikmin mixed together Completely different from any other FF game I've played, and I really liked the change! This game really caught my attention.
-I never hear anyone talk about these two FF games. I really enjoyed playing them!
3. Puzzle Quest. I bought this for about $2. Like candy crush within a medieval world and you can level up your hero and abilities. I also got part 2 (have to beat pt.1 first)- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix. Takes place in outer space. Not sure why creators went with another world.
4. Marvel Card Game. I've seen at low price. Generic title and tends to look grainy. However, good if you like card games. It's fun when you include different teams like X-Men, Fantastic 4, and Avengers Can get really tough at times.
5. The World Ends With You. Played this a long time ago, and I'm still waiting for a sequel! Cool game!!! I was impressed with the battle system. I was hoping they would make a new one for PS4
-I'm going to check out some of these other suggestions!

Edited on by samus1818

samus1818

Zuljaras

A hidden gem for me on the DS is ''Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain''. Here is link to the game https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/WuiJrErvJH7cV8aNQ_fPdQM...

This game was released in 2009 and it is one of the most UNKNOWN games for the DS.

I would describe is as the Skyrim of the DS.

I would love to find a copy of the game but on Ebay the only sellers are from the US and do not order from the US because the delivery + import charges are killers! I think it is impossible to find it in the EU

Zuljaras

Supaguy

Well if I had to throw in the games that I found surprisingly enjoyable I would have to say:

• Bleach: Dark Souls :: A very fun fighting game with a solid story with side paths and optional fights.
  • Contact :: An RPG with a very unique premise and rather good art.
  • Soul Bubbles :: A small puzzle game that's just very nice to play.
  • DK Jungle Climber :: I don't think people appreciate this game as much as they should, it actually is quite fun.
  • Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia :: Probably the best Pokemon Ranger game with a pretty engaging story and likeable characters.

Supaguy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic