Forums

Topic: Nintendo announces 3DS

Posts 121 to 140 of 140

Chrono_Cross

If it doesn't have any titles worth getting on the piece of plastic then it will fail. Hopefully third-party devs are already developing worthy games for it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Saber

im not getting it until something good comes out, and maybe a price drop

SSBB: 1634-4624-0179

Raylax

mushroomer wrote:

When i see "3DS" i think of a program I use every day called 3D Studio max. we allways refer to it as 3DS max.. just wierd..
What if they merged the 2 screens into 1 large screen? and allowed for folding? so no separation between the top and bottom screen. and when you hold it sideways you can watch hd movies. that would be great.
cell phone
mp3 player
fm radio
video camera HD
voice recorder
app store
dsiware transfer
among a few things to consider..

Are you wanting a new console or an iPhone you can fold up?

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Macaronius

Better have a USB port...

*Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
all the way to Dublin, Whack follol de rah!*

Ashman

Raylax wrote:

mushroomer wrote:

When i see "3DS" i think of a program I use every day called 3D Studio max. we allways refer to it as 3DS max.. just wierd..
What if they merged the 2 screens into 1 large screen? and allowed for folding? so no separation between the top and bottom screen. and when you hold it sideways you can watch hd movies. that would be great.
cell phone
mp3 player
fm radio
video camera HD
voice recorder
app store
dsiware transfer

I'm sure he wants a console. Just because he wants a few extra features doesn't mean its not a video game console. Thats like saying the Wii isn't a console because you can check the weather, go on the internet and etc.

thegamerfrommars

Can't wait, Because whenever nintendo comes out with a new handheld a new pokemon game is soon to come.

My Website: http://artmccarthy.com/
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGamerFromMars

Kaeobais

Ashman wrote:

Raylax wrote:

mushroomer wrote:

cell phone
mp3 player
fm radio
video camera HD
voice recorder
app store
dsiware transfer

I'm sure he wants a console. Just because he wants a few extra features doesn't mean its not a video game console. Thats like saying the Wii isn't a console because you can check the weather, go on the internet and etc.

I think the iPhone thing is because the guy named pretty much every feature on the iPhone.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

J_Bitties

mnementh wrote:

J Bitties, I didn't want to collect the riddles, I was forced to. You go into the ventilation tubes, you think you're going forward... and SURPRISE it's just a freakin' question mark. They serve no real purpose (unlike the interview tapes which are interesting to listen to) and they're sort of completely external to the game since it's just something they want to implement in every game to satisfy this external feature. I don't like that. Stars are a Mario feature, an in-game feature, but if M/Sony didn't have Trophies, I'm guessing they wouldn't feel the need to implement question marks in.. the interview tapes sufficed, that's my point. The tedious thing is that it's expected to be in every game.. Mario has that feature built-in.. but again, the stars are at least connected to actual gameplay.

Sean, the Wii is more powerful in every way (unless you mean online maybe I don't know and a HDD I guess). I have no interest for that kind of replayability...it will drive me crazy and I hope Nintendo doesn't go that annoying way.

So you ran into one and said "Well, great, now I HAVE to find them all!"...I didn't...a lot of gamers I know didn't...sounds like a personal issue to me that you felt that because you found one, you had to find one. If I ran into one, I said, so what? I'll just continue the game and go for it later if I so choose...it was extraneous from the game and, like I said, something added to EXTEND gameplay beyond just the end. It's not the games or the achievements systems fault that YOU misinterpreted the purpose. Your argument, beyond your own misinterpretation, really has no legs. You're essentially arguing that something that can be ignored with great ease, shouldn't be in a game because of YOUR preference. I'm sure the millions of other gamers and companies who now utilize this system will stop because you misinterpret purpose and intent.

J_Bitties

mnementh

J+Bitties wrote:

mnementh wrote:

J Bitties, I didn't want to collect the riddles, I was forced to. You go into the ventilation tubes, you think you're going forward... and SURPRISE it's just a freakin' question mark. They serve no real purpose (unlike the interview tapes which are interesting to listen to) and they're sort of completely external to the game since it's just something they want to implement in every game to satisfy this external feature. I don't like that. Stars are a Mario feature, an in-game feature, but if M/Sony didn't have Trophies, I'm guessing they wouldn't feel the need to implement question marks in.. the interview tapes sufficed, that's my point. The tedious thing is that it's expected to be in every game.. Mario has that feature built-in.. but again, the stars are at least connected to actual gameplay.

Sean, the Wii is more powerful in every way (unless you mean online maybe I don't know and a HDD I guess). I have no interest for that kind of replayability...it will drive me crazy and I hope Nintendo doesn't go that annoying way.

So you ran into one and said "Well, great, now I HAVE to find them all!"...I didn't...a lot of gamers I know didn't...sounds like a personal issue to me that you felt that because you found one, you had to find one. If I ran into one, I said, so what? I'll just continue the game and go for it later if I so choose...it was extraneous from the game and, like I said, something added to EXTEND gameplay beyond just the end. It's not the games or the achievements systems fault that YOU misinterpreted the purpose. Your argument, beyond your own misinterpretation, really has no legs. You're essentially arguing that something that can be ignored with great ease, shouldn't be in a game because of YOUR preference. I'm sure the millions of other gamers and companies who now utilize this system will stop because you misinterpret purpose and intent.

very off topic, but no... I didn't misinterpret anything. I've ran into them accidentally thinking that it's the way forward. They were distracting and out of place. That's how I felt about them. It has nothing to do with interpretation and there's no way to ignore them. I've checked some reviews and several have mentioned it as well. So it's not personal either. It's just a bad thing in the game. You liked it. I didn't.

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

Percentful

mnementh wrote:

J+Bitties wrote:

mnementh wrote:

very off topic, but no... I didn't misinterpret anything. I've ran into them accidentally thinking that it's the way forward. They were distracting and out of place. That's how I felt about them. It has nothing to do with interpretation and there's no way to ignore them. I've checked some reviews and several have mentioned it as well. So it's not personal either. It's just a bad thing in the game. You liked it. I didn't.

Umm, if you didn't like it and everyone else did, then yes, it is a personal thing.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

mnementh

110percentful wrote:

Umm, if you didn't like it and everyone else did, then yes, it is a personal thing.

Mnementh wrote:

"and several have mentioned it as well. So it's not personal either."...<

Edited on by mnementh

The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
in this place a...

Percentful

mnementh wrote:

110percentful wrote:

Mnementh wrote:

What does several mean? 3? WHOAH. THAT is a HUGE NUMBER. /sarcasm

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

mnementh

110percentful wrote:

mnementh wrote:

110percentful wrote:

Mnementh wrote:

What does several mean? 3? WHOAH. THAT is a HUGE NUMBER. /sarcasm

Very funny /sarcasm.
There seems to be some serious fanboyism for that game here lol.

Edited on by mnementh

in this place a...

suburban_sensei

While the idea of the 3DS is quite interesting to me, I doubt I will be an early adopter. I just got my DSi late last year, so I am fine to just wait it out for a bit and see where the new handeheld goes, and what software it has. I am getting tired (and broke) from jumping at the newest, shiniest, thing.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Bassman_Q

I'll wait till the upgraded, sleeker version of the "3DS" comes out.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Funky_Gamer

Qwikman wrote:

I'll wait till the upgraded, sleeker version of the "3DS" comes out.

Who knows how long that will take.
The DS lite came out at least 1 year after the original DS right?
And they will probably have one of those deals again where you can exchange your used version for a DSi for only half price (if you live in the US at least).
Your DSi will probably get old 2 years from now anyway...

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

Moco_Loco

I'm really hoping there will be a way to turn off the 3D for those consumers who have problems dealing with it. I get a headache just thinking about it, and I have sometimes had problems with motion sickness while playing games. I haven't bothered with the DSi in part because I don't have tons of money laying around, and in part because I always kind of figured the next Nintendo handheld would be coming soon.

I'll have to wait to find out more. I may have to try this one out for myself before making a decision even if I do have enough money when it comes out. If I don't like it, I will stick to my Lite and possibly buy a handheld Virtual Console as well (more commonly known as the GBA SP).

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

TheBaconator

I just had a random thought. People are now refusing to buy an XL becuase of this contraption. However, what if Nintendo wanted to be sneaky little (insert your curse here) and pull off a huge April Fool's joke. I know it is not going to happen because that would help the XL sell even less, but I think it would be kind of funny. It wouldn't be if I didn't have enough money to afford both, but I do so if you guys miss out on the XL for a joke I'm going to be laughing so hard I might need to go play Ghostbusters on the NES to put me in a bad mood. Though it will never happen.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Joeynator3000

IGN found what the 3DS looks like....behold!
Untitled

...Seriously though I actually laughed at this. XD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.