Forums

Topic: Importing

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

WaluigiBag

I want to import Last Window: The Secret of Cape West brand new from Amazon. I have a question. Is importing shunned? Is it completely legitimate? I really want to play it because I love Hotel Dusk: Room 215. I will play it on my Nintendo 3DS or original Nintendo DS. I suppose that if Nintendo wanted to stop importing, they would have made Nintendo DS games region locked on Nintendo 3DS, as well? Thanks!

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

Birdman

Provided it's not DSi-enhanced (i.e. black cartridge instead of a gray cartridge, though iirc that one isn't), it should work on a different region's 3DS; definitely on an original DS. It's only those DSi-enhanced ones you need to worry about.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Zsxdflip

Lol " Is importing shunned?". Do whatever the hell you want dude, you shouldn't care if something is "shunned" on the internet. And of course it's legal, why wouldn't it be? As long as you're buying a legitimate copy and not a counterfeit, which ARE illegal, no one can really tell you you can't buy said product from another country, even if Nintendo doesn't want you to.

Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code:1248-0956-7211

Pokemon White Friend Code: 3868-8536-1711

Nintendo Network ID: Zsxdflip | Twitter:

WaluigiBag

Birdman wrote:

Provided it's not DSi-enhanced (i.e. black cartridge instead of a gray cartridge, though iirc that one isn't), it should work on a different region's 3DS; definitely on an original DS. It's only those DSi-enhanced ones you need to worry about.

Thanks! What do you think of importing? Do you think that it is all right with Nintendo? I always want to do things properly.

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

Zsxdflip

WaluigiBag wrote:

Birdman wrote:

Thanks! What do you think of importing? Do you think that it is all right with Nintendo? I always want to do things properly.

Don't worry about Nintendo! They can't do anything to stop you from importing a game.

Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code:1248-0956-7211

Pokemon White Friend Code: 3868-8536-1711

Nintendo Network ID: Zsxdflip | Twitter:

theblackdragon

Importing is fine, especially in terms of the DS, where its region-free status was clearly listed in the manual — i remember seeing that when i bought my Lite and read through the thing, lol.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Scissors

WaluigiBag wrote:

Birdman wrote:

There cool with it, better to give the money to Nintendo of Europe then no one at all.

Jaz007

Zsxdflip wrote:

Lol " Is importing shunned?". Do whatever the hell you want dude, you shouldn't care if something is "shunned" on the internet. And of course it's legal, why wouldn't it be? As long as you're buying a legitimate copy and not a counterfeit, which ARE illegal, no one can really tell you you can't buy said product from another country, even if Nintendo doesn't want you to.

He is talking about region locking. Nintendo consoles and post DS handhelds are region locked so you literally can't play a europeon wii game on American wii ect.

Jaz007

Wheels2050

Birdman wrote:

A black cartridge isn't the way to tell a DSi-Enhanced game (the Pokemon games only have them for IR communication). If the game's code begins with TWL (e.g. TWL-XXXX-USA) then it's a DSi-Enhanced game and will be region-locked on DSi and later consoles.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

swordx

I've only imported a single game, and that was Tingle. I do NOT regret it. If a game doesn't come to your region, then importing is pretty much your only hope.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.