Forums

Topic: How many use Screen Protectors on your DS/Lite / DSi/LL/XL?

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

MakeMyBiscuit

Hi all. I am a proud owner of a DSi XL Burgandy. I love this thing! I had to sell my DS Lite a while ago but I held on to many of my good games because I knew I would get a DSi. When the DSi XL came around I knew it was time to upgrade.

Screen protectors helped my DS Lite big time. I was able to keep the screens "like new" because of them. Because of this I knew I would not serously play my DSi XL without the screen protectors. How many of you use screen protectors?

I got some screen protectors from Hori off of E-bay and they work perfectly! The instructions where in Japanese but this guy on Youtube made a great video showing how to install them.

Do you use screen protectors? If so what brand and how well do they work? If not, why not?

Edited on by MakeMyBiscuit

MakeMyBiscuit

sykotek

I also use Hori screen protectors too, but don't have an XL and I also don't really bother at all with the top screen filter because honestly, I have never scratched a top screen on any of my DS systems and can't think of any reason why you would.

As for the installation on the bottom screen, after a detailed cleaning including removing any dust from the edges, I peel off a bit of the bottom sheet opposite the tab and align the protector with the left side of the touch screen and use the cleaning cloth to push out any bubbles that form immediately while covering the screen from left to right pushing out all remaining bubbles before finally peeling off the top layer. ...and I do it with the system off.

Either that guy in the video is ultra-pro at putting on screen protectors or he's not picky and his probably didn't turn out that well. I personally gotta make sure there are no bubbles in mine or I can't sleep at night, lol.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Useless_Account

I used Pelican brand for my Lite and Nintendo brand for my DSi the Pelican on my Lite works really well, it's like perfectly scratch resistant and I put it on there perfect so no complaints. You can tell I used my DSi alot on the bottom screen though... I need to get a better screen protector, I got it in the DSi starter kit.

Useless_Account

Stuffgamer1

I used screen protectors on my original DS, but I didn't like the way the one on the touch screen desensitized it, making me press harder than would otherwise be necessary. When I got my DS Lite, I didn't bother with them. Two and a half years later, I traded in a well-used yet flawless system towards my DSi. So long as you understand just how sensitive the touch screen really is and don't press needlessly hard, there's really no need for screen protectors whatsoever. That's even when you play such touch-heavy games as The World Ends With You and Elite Beat Agents, two games with the WORST reputation for screen destruction.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I use screen protecters because I play TWEWY a lot and sometimes it's too epic and fast paced to bother about pressing the right amount on the touch screen.

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Digiki

I lost mine, I'll probably buy more at some point before going back to stylus heavy games.

theblackdragon

Considering the scratched-up mess that was my Lite's touchscreen protector when i took it off to trade it in against my DSi, you bet your sweet rear i use screen protectors, lol. as for touchscreen sensitivity issues while using protectors, i guess it could depend on how cheap the protector is, but then, i've just used the plain old ones from Wal-Mart on my Lite before and DSi now and have had no problems whatsoever... :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Victoria

My DSi came with a 'starter pack' that included screen protectors. Those scratched up in a few days, and looked terrible in just a few weeks. I then purchased the protectors by Hori and they are GREAT! I highly recommend those. I like them so well that I bought another set to put on my PalmPDA and trimmed some more to fit on my MP3 players.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

SSBbrawler08

I just ordered some Hori screen protectors on ebay. I think it was a good deal. I bought six packages of screen protectors (top and bottom) for only $1.98.

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

Stuffgamer1

@TBD: Ironically, those screen protectors scratch more easily than the actual screen does. And I imagine MOST people don't have a problem with the desensitizing of the protectors because they always touch harder than is actually necessary anyway. A non-protected DS screen needs only the slightest amount of pressure to register, yet most people push like they were writing with a pencil or pen.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Noire

I thought everyone knew to always use protection?

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Reala

Me and my DS gaming is 100% unprotected, just they way we like it

Reala

theblackdragon

@stuffo: yeah, but the only way to tell if how hard i'm pressing on my touchscreen is hard enough to scratch it is to try it bare and see if it winds up scratched, which i'm not willing to do. it's not like i had any problems seeing the screen through the scratched-up screen protector anyway, it was just when i took it off and held it up to the light, i was all 'holy crap', y'know? :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

NexxuZ

I use Hori screenprotectors for the bottom screen of my DSi XL Just to make sure I don't scratch my touch screen. No need for one on the upper screen though..

NexxuZ

Sean_Aaron

No, and I have no plans to. I suppose in time it will get scratched to hell, but things wear out you know? I figure I can always get the lower screen replaced if need be. I keep it in a case, I don't put a lot of pressure on the pad and there's a few scratches, but nothing that impedes gameplay.

I don't use them on my mobile phone either or my laptop or my TV or any other display I own. If a plastic film was required to protect the screen the I figure the manufacturer would build it in, right?

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Victoria

Sean+Aaron wrote:

If a plastic film was required to protect the screen the I figure the manufacturer would build it in, right?

No, that's not always true. I had 2 PDA's get really bad marks on them from normal use, which is not nearly as much use as my DSi gets. For the price of my DSi, which I use all the time, I wasn't taking the chance of scratches.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

SpentAllMyTokens

I'm super protective, because older, non touch screens used to scratch so easily (see: my game gear and ipod video and my mom's old palm pilot). Of course now touch screens seem to be much more durable. I put my iphone through a fair amount of abuse before i got around to getting a screen protector. My DS I've used one pretty much since day one. I don't know what brand it is though. I got it off ebay from Hong Kong - 99 cents for a 3 pack.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

cheapogamer4life

Always. My first screen protecter I got from a Gamestop starter kit when I first but my DSi system. 2 came in the pack and after around 3 months with each of them both were scratch to heaven and back. After that I pick up one of those official Nintendo starter kits which had a sp for the top and bottom screens. After 6 months with one on the bottom screen it almst looks like I just put it on! I dont know what type it is, but im very impressed with how this one has held up( so far). Didnt really have a reason to put the top sp on so I give it to a friend.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Funky_Gamer

I used to have screen protecters on my DSi, but not any more. It messed up the sides of my screens and stuff. Plus teh screen itself is pretty durable.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.