Forums

Topic: Homebrew on DSi

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Sinclair_User

When I had a DS I often though about trying homebrew games & apps but never got round to buying an SD card device. Now that the DSi has the SD card built in, is there a way to get homebrew working on the DSi yet? I've dabbled a little with my SD card but haven't got anything working.

Sinclair_User

Danny_August

No...And with firmware that they can update now...Will most likely not happen until someone mods the DSi firmware like they did with the PSP...

Direct quote: Bork, Bork, Bork

Danny_August

Hyperstar96 wrote:

Actually, you've been able to do that for a long time. There are three flashcarts that work with the DSi (R4DSi, AceKard 2i, and some other one). You would have to buy a separate Micro SD card, but still.

I have an AceKard2i and with the official firmware and the AceKardAIO custom firmware it is no go on the DSi with current Nintendo firmware. I have not heard of anyone having luck with the R4DSi...Have you personally tested them?Note: I have also tried and EDGE DS card....The DSi does not even recognize the cards...

Danny_August

By the way, I would love to see a flash card for the DSi..one that can take advantage of the 16 mg of ram..The current cards, if they could run...will not take advantage of it...just 4...Quake2 would be so damn cool on the DSi!

theblackdragon

I have an Acekard 2i, and with the update i downloaded from the Acekard website after I received it in the mail, it works just fine on my DSi. w00t for my little DS tablet. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

warioswoods

Yes, certain of those cards will work on the DSi, but it is important to note that they have currently been unable to get out of DS-compatibility mode, which means that the more powerful cpu, ram, cameras, SD access etc are all disabled.

Homebrewers (the same ones who hacked the Wii) are looking into it, but so far no one has managed to hack the DSi and gain access to any of its features. You can always check their wiki to look for progress, but again, not much happening yet -- once it does, though, I expect some pretty brilliant apps that will do all kinds of things with the new hardware.

http://www.dsibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.