Forums

Topic: FPS for DS

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

Ceviche_Stiles

Wat is your favorite fps for the ds/dsi? There aren't many goode ones too choose from so i need your opinin on which one you think is the best for ds/dsi? thanks:)

Ceviche_Stiles

Twitter:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Metroid hunters

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Adam

Metroid Hunters is all you need.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Bassman_Q

U can buy Metroid Prime Hunters used at a GameStop. Its a cool game, but some of the parts can be very annoying (i.e. when u escape to ur ship for no reason.) U can read my review on GameSpot or NL's review.
There's also CoD4 and CoD5 for the DS. I hav CoD4 on my DS. It's pretty cool, but Hunters is better.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Ceviche_Stiles

yeah i have CoD 5 and the only thing cool was online which noone gets on anymore

Ceviche_Stiles

Twitter:

AlexSays

I haven't played a good FPS on the DS.

To me it's the worst system (this gen Adam) for FPS/TPS games.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Adam

I think the original Gameboy is a bit worse for FPS, but that's just my opinion.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

I have only played Moon and Dementium and were a bit boring. I am still waiting for Quake 3 v_v

KrazyKain

Moon and dementium were great fun and CodWaW has incredible online.

Metroid Prime is also great.

and Alexsays.. its not about graphics and hardware, the touchscreen mimics mouse controls so effectivly its far better then the psp for fps controls

0044-3683-8188 3ds

The_Fox

KrazyKain wrote:

and Alexsays.. its not about graphics and hardware, the touchscreen mimics mouse controls so effectivly its far better then the psp for fps controls

No, the touchscreen is nothing like mouse controls for a FPS. The touchscreen is incredibly awkard compared to a mouse or gamepad. Some genres have a problem on the DS, and the FPS is a perfect example.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

SwerdMurd

I agree with it being better than the PSP for FPSes. I tried the Resistance for PSP, and while I think it was the best effort, I'd rather play a DS FPS....if I were into portable FPSes....the genre always goes better with a big screen and surround sound in my opinion.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

The_Fox

Dark+Link wrote:

What do FPS and TPS mean?

FPS-First Person Shooter (Doom, Call of Duty, Conduit)
TPS-Third Person Shooter (Tomb Raider, Gears of War, Max Payne)

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

theblackdragon

@calebwii: I just finished Moon a couple days ago... it was all right, I suppose. Kinda repetitive and boring... I did like reading all the descriptions of what was going on at the underground installation, but there wasn't a whole lot of story or character interaction to offset the boringness.

@KrazyKain: I am in agreement with AlexSays and The Fox... the touchscreen would more accurately reflect control via a tablet, and I've never been a huge fan of that even for normal mousing. I also wasn't a huge fan of accidentally touching an on-screen button when I was trying to just look around. Give me a keyboard and a good gaming mouse any day.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

AlexSays

KrazyKain wrote:

1. Didn't say anything about graphics or hardware.

2. The touchscreen in no way mimics a mouse, you're nuts.

3. I haven't liked any DS controls as much as those of SOCOM on the PSP, and those graphics and hardware you were talking about are all MUCH superior on the PSP.

So I'm still a firm believer in that the DS is the worst system for FPS games this gen.

AlexSays

Modern_Legend

you didnt like metroid prime hunters Im crushed man, i spent a lot of time with that wonderful, wonderful game (no sarcasm, i actually did play it a lot before )

PSN ID: MixedMajik
Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendoli...

retired_account

I think you get more precision on the DS than the 360/PS3, but from what I've heard the hand cramps aren't always worth it. I'm still going to try out Hunters some time, though.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

AlexSays

pixelman wrote:

I think you get more precision on the DS than the 360/PS3

I should hope so, the screen is like one one-hundredth the size of a TV and you're touching the screen. lol

The thing a lot of people forget though, is precision and aiming are only half the controls, if even.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Adam

I don't know how other FPSes work on DS, but in Hunters your bottom screen isn't where the enemies are, so the fact that you're "touching the screen" doesn't make it particularly easy. Hunters used the bottom screen as a mouse pad of sorts for the stylus, while the game play all takes place on the top screen.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

SSBFan_12

Moon then Metriod Prime Hunters then Detinium: The Ward

Layton Fan001
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Puzzle maniacs rejoice

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.