Forums

Topic: finally, Moving Memo: Summer 2009!

Posts 1 to 20 of 34

theblackdragon

w00t, we've finally got... well, it's not a specific date, but it's within the next couple months at least. yay!
: DDD

but the name has been changed to 'Flipnote Studio'... eh, as long as it's the same program, that's all that counts, i guess.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

irken004

YAY! hope we can get our hands on it within the next couple of weeks

Cheezy

Was it announced at E3?

Who Are You?

Pastry

Why the crap did they change the name to Flipnote Studio? This is almost as bad as Bird and Beans.

Edited on by Pastry

theblackdragon

Cheezy wrote:

Was it announced at E3?

yes, that's where i got the info re: the new name and the summer projected release.

pie4prez wrote:

Why the crap did they change the name to Flipnote Studio? This is almost as bad as Bird and Beans.

Bird and Beans is a direct translation from the Japanese name (Tori to Tama).

BEST THREAD EVER

Pegasus

Say, is there any way to upload your animations to the internet from it? It looks like fun, but without that kind of feature it does seem awfully limited.

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

IndianDan

Yes, Nintendo Announced it today. that you will be able to upload to the Internet to share with others. and I like the Name as well. Q3 for Flipnote Studio From Nintendo. But it's Part 1. I seen on the wikipedia page. TBA for the other still I still cant wait for it. I will need to learn how to draw. But i will be happy when it gets here. this summer. As long i get it. I will have fun drawing on it. I bet Haten is also involed in this again. Or whatever.. I Want It before July 16th Nintendo. It's My birthday.

Daniel Quinn,
http://www.nintendowiiulimited.com/wp4

ktoons

Yaay, I'm really excited, though I was bummed they didn't announce a specific release date. Summer is long.
Time to revive the good old 16color days!

ktoons

Charlie_The_Unicorn

Call me crazy, but this could potentialy come on monday.

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

Adam

Charlie, you're crazy! Seriously.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Charlie_The_Unicorn

weirdadam wrote:

Charlie, you're crazy! Seriously.

Now that I think of it, I doubt i'm right. Heck, I know im wrong.

Edited on by Charlie_The_Unicorn

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

irken004

Charlie+The+Unicorn wrote:

Call me crazy, but this could potentialy come on monday.

i sure hope ur right!!! if not then hopefully soon!

theblackdragon

IndianDan wrote:

But it's Part 1. I seen on the wikipedia page. TBA for the other still

actually, we won't know exactly which version it actually is until it's released and someone has a chance to look over the features (if the new ones are available, we can assume it's v2, but if they're not there, it's v1). we can only go on what they said at the press conference at the moment, and at the conference they didn't say 'Flipnote Studio v2', they just said 'Flipnote Studio'.

BEST THREAD EVER

Objection

Stupid new name but at least you guys finally got a date. If I had a DSi it would probably bug me that it's taken this long.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

IndianDan

On another site, they said it's not going to be a download version. it's going to be a Retail version for $30. I hope both of them are either dsiware or retail.

Daniel Quinn,
http://www.nintendowiiulimited.com/wp4

theblackdragon

IndianDan wrote:

On another site, they said it's not going to be a download version. it's going to be a Retail version for $30. I hope both of them are either dsiware or retail.

they said nothing about it either way at the conference. all they said was that Moving Memo is now Flipnote Studio in America and would be released this summer.

i did find this, where they say they spoke with a Nintendo Rep who said it would be a full retail release (note that the Rep did not outright say 30bux, but the blogger said they would not be so willing to plunk down thirty dollars for it if that came to be the case), but after some of the other things Nintendo Reps have said about/since the DSi's release (the VC DSi kerfluffle and the one that tried to say GBA games would not display properly on the DSi due to the larger screens come to mind), it's pretty clear that they're either (a) clueless or (b) mistaken, and therefore not to be trusted at face value.

edit: i take back what i said before about us knowing or not knowing whether we were getting v1 or v2 -- comparing the old Japanese trailer on YouTube to the new screenshots on Nintendo's E3 site, it looks like what we're getting is the same menu-and-feature-wise (as shown by the extra buttons) as MMv2. i figured that's what they must've been waiting for.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

thaneds

yes, the least nintendo owed us was the moving memo. The new names seems stupid since we are so use to the japanese name of it, but all the japanese named games had to change when came to the states, except for yugioh and pokemon. True that it would suck that if we did not have a download dsi vids function, but atleast look at what we could do. "Who needs to know about animation to draw anime, when you have your own DSi ! " LOLZ. atleast nintendo gave us it.... i will have my own animated gif on this account when i do, lolz again....

"Why hate, when we can pictochat... ...or we can atleast fight on multiplayer mode".
Flipnote Studio Command: Up,B,down(x2),Left(x2),B(x2)
Bomberman Blitz! FC: 180626757893

Victoria

Have you guys given much thought to what you're going to try animating first?

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

theblackdragon

not so much... i figure once i've got it in my hands, the ideas will start to flow. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Philip_J_Reed

I'm going to animate Adam and I enjoying a big frosty milkshake with two straws, while hearts come out of his butt.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.