Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light

Posts 101 to 120 of 126

hulklol123456789

Im probably gonna get these game, with super scribblenauts and kirby's epic yarn at the end of the week.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

BleachFan

armoredghor wrote:

Anybody know how to get the water spells. I'm stuck. Please and thank you!

I dunno if you're still having problems with this, but you can find a water tome by visiting the castle at night. Those guys who're usually saying "This is the center of all magic here, of course you can't go in!" are gone, and there's a small little dungeon to go through to get it.

...Or you could try the old fashion way of using those water items. There's also a bane knife (water attribute) in the Quicksand Dungeon. You just have to go down the right pit...

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

armoredghor

Thanks bleachFan888 I moved on-still didn't know about that dungeon but I've got other ways to get water now.

armoredghor

Oregano

Finally got this game today(as well as Cursed Mountain) and I'm loving it so far. It's so fast paced for an RPG!

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Magi

This game is $14.99 on Amazon today just in case anyone is still looking to make the purchase. (The World Ends With You and Chrono Trigger are also $14.99)

Magi

CanisWolfred

Magi wrote:

This game is $14.99 on Amazon today just in case anyone is still looking to make the purchase. (The World Ends With You and Chrono Trigger are also $14.99)

Too bad I already bought all of those games, 2 for full price. Thanks for the heads up, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Nightwalker

I have recently finished the remake of FF 3 on DS, and I am currently thinking on the next FF game on this console that I should try. Is this a good game to play as the next one, or some of the others are better?

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

theblackdragon

@Nightwalker: it's very different from most other FF games in terms of the battle system... you don't get to choose which enemy/ies you attack, nor do you get to choose which allies you buff or heal. you just pick your move and the CPU does a pretty decent job of hitting the ones that need hitting with whatever you're using, it's great in terms of forcing you to choose your strategy carefully -- even a random battle can wipe you out if you're not paying attention. the story is amusing, but somewhat lighthearted... it's just not as deep and heavy as other Final Fantasy games, which is a good thing IMO.

if you're looking for another solid FF title for DS in the same vein as III, though, try FFIV instead. it's a damn good game in its own right, remade straight from the original SNES title.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

armoredghor

haven't played the game in a while. Is it normal in a final fantasy game to just be dropped off with no idea where to go with all the cities discovered?

armoredghor

Nightwalker

armoredghor wrote:

haven't played the game in a while. Is it normal in a final fantasy game to just be dropped off with no idea where to go with all the cities discovered?

I had the same situation while playing the remake of FF III on the NDS. In the end, I searched for a walkthrough, as I didn't know what to do and where to go for 2-3 days.

theblackdragon

armoredghor wrote:

oh absolutely, hahaha. talk to everyone you encounter; sometimes the most random person or conversation can put you back on the right path. if you get too lost, though, there's always GameFAQs :3

BEST THREAD EVER

MERG

FF 4 Heroes of Light is $17.99 on Amazon.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

SphericalCrusher

Started this game today and it is quite addicting. I had no idea of the art style coming into this game but it's quite lovely.

Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0223-8931 | Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter:

Magi

I've been digging this game since I got it. I actually prefer it to Dragon Quest 9 which I gave up on pretty quickly. The only thing about FF that I dislike is the constant party/character switching that I've experienced so far (turned into a cat...seriously?). Give me some freaking party members and let me keep them for more than 1 or 2 missions.

Magi

theblackdragon

yeah, i'm not a huge fan of that either, Magi... but i've finally hit another point where i've got all four characters together. Hopefully they manage to stick together from here on out

BEST THREAD EVER

Nightwalker

This game has one of the toughest and craziest bosses I've ever faced in an RPG. I was trying to beat it in one full battery span of my DS, around 8-9 hours, and finally did it, not because of some new strategy I tried, but because of the sheer luck of him choosing some lamer attacks. :/

koryz12

I have it too can you see your play time?

Checkout my gaming channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/koryz12
Nintendo direct wii u review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xawsdGO-Jao

SMEXIZELDAMAN

yes koryz a little more than halfway through the game you get an item which opens up that building by the sheep man where you can see play time

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Nightwalker wrote:

This game has one of the toughest and craziest bosses I've ever faced in an RPG. I was trying to beat it in one full battery span of my DS, around 8-9 hours, and finally did it, not because of some new strategy I tried, but because of the sheer luck of him choosing some lamer attacks. :/

Lol I pwned final boss in one go through. Thought I'd let you all know that :3

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.