Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light

Posts 101 to 120 of 133

armoredghor

Anybody know how to get the water spells. I'm stuck. Please and thank you!

armoredghor

theblackdragon

If you mean the spell you need to take out the boss in that Quicksand Castle or whatev', they sell an item in Guera at the item shop you can use against it. I forget what it's called off the top of my head (antarctic wind?), but it's a one-shot water attack and I think I only needed three in all to take him out. you can deal damage without using water against him, so if you don't buy enough and run out in the middle of battle, don't give up immediately. :3

If you're farther along than that, they sell water tomes in Urbeth; it looks like a giant tower on the map screen (bigger than the Moonlight tower, even) and it's dominated by the four merchant lords. i got hella-lost at one point and wound up there, so i picked up a water tome while i could, hahaha.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tops

I just got this game yesterday so I'm only at the Quicksand castle but I've noticed that so far the only way I can make money is to sell items or find some in chests. Are these the only ways to make money or is there another way later on?

Tops

armoredghor

@The Black Dragon thanks. My only other question is: do you get crowns for finding all the items hidden in each city-if not is it worth it?

armoredghor

hulklol123456789

Im probably gonna get these game, with super scribblenauts and kirby's epic yarn at the end of the week.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Tops

Ok I made it to the part where Spoiler you get turned into a cat and now I have to get back to the dessert city. Does anyone know how to do this? I tried for a while but all the paths look like their blocked by mountains. I would apreciate the help

Tops

theblackdragon

@LaytonApprentice: there's an animal-sized tunnel through the mountains that you can use :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

BleachFan

armoredghor wrote:

Anybody know how to get the water spells. I'm stuck. Please and thank you!

I dunno if you're still having problems with this, but you can find a water tome by visiting the castle at night. Those guys who're usually saying "This is the center of all magic here, of course you can't go in!" are gone, and there's a small little dungeon to go through to get it.

...Or you could try the old fashion way of using those water items. There's also a bane knife (water attribute) in the Quicksand Dungeon. You just have to go down the right pit...

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

armoredghor

Thanks bleachFan888 I moved on-still didn't know about that dungeon but I've got other ways to get water now.

armoredghor

Tops

@TBD thanks! I made it to Arbour and then to Urbeth and now I'm back at Arbour. I love how the heroes are not always together but you play as one or two and then they seperate and reunite. I think it makes the characters seem more real when they seperate for their own reasons. So far I am loving this game!

Tops

Oregano

Finally got this game today(as well as Cursed Mountain) and I'm loving it so far. It's so fast paced for an RPG!

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Tops

I made it to the final boss and even though all my characters are level 99 the wiped me out in a few turns during the third (and final) round. Has anyone beaten him yet so you can give me some tips? Thanks.

Tops

Magi

This game is $14.99 on Amazon today just in case anyone is still looking to make the purchase. (The World Ends With You and Chrono Trigger are also $14.99)

Magi

CanisWolfred

Magi wrote:

This game is $14.99 on Amazon today just in case anyone is still looking to make the purchase. (The World Ends With You and Chrono Trigger are also $14.99)

Too bad I already bought all of those games, 2 for full price. Thanks for the heads up, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Nightwalker

I have recently finished the remake of FF 3 on DS, and I am currently thinking on the next FF game on this console that I should try. Is this a good game to play as the next one, or some of the others are better?

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

theblackdragon

@Nightwalker: it's very different from most other FF games in terms of the battle system... you don't get to choose which enemy/ies you attack, nor do you get to choose which allies you buff or heal. you just pick your move and the CPU does a pretty decent job of hitting the ones that need hitting with whatever you're using, it's great in terms of forcing you to choose your strategy carefully -- even a random battle can wipe you out if you're not paying attention. the story is amusing, but somewhat lighthearted... it's just not as deep and heavy as other Final Fantasy games, which is a good thing IMO.

if you're looking for another solid FF title for DS in the same vein as III, though, try FFIV instead. it's a damn good game in its own right, remade straight from the original SNES title.

BEST THREAD EVER

armoredghor

haven't played the game in a while. Is it normal in a final fantasy game to just be dropped off with no idea where to go with all the cities discovered?

armoredghor

Nightwalker

armoredghor wrote:

haven't played the game in a while. Is it normal in a final fantasy game to just be dropped off with no idea where to go with all the cities discovered?

I had the same situation while playing the remake of FF III on the NDS. In the end, I searched for a walkthrough, as I didn't know what to do and where to go for 2-3 days.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

theblackdragon

armoredghor wrote:

oh absolutely, hahaha. talk to everyone you encounter; sometimes the most random person or conversation can put you back on the right path. if you get too lost, though, there's always GameFAQs :3

BEST THREAD EVER

MERG

FF 4 Heroes of Light is $17.99 on Amazon.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic