Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy III v.s. IV

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

HawkeyeMartin

I do like a good square game, it's nice to play Final Fantasy 3 in english for the first time, and its nice to play 4 with better graphics, but 3 is a bit more unbalanced and we played 4 already on the snes(then called FF2 in usa), its nice that if we have gba and ds we can play the whole nintendo final fantasy catalog and I love and play them all but I can't stop wanting an 8 or 16-bit version of FF3!
BUT THE QUESTION IS! whats the better DS game Final Fantasy III or Final Fantasy IV?
......I can't decide!
......and is chrono trigger better than both? you tell me!

HawkeyeMartin

theblackdragon

IV is better than III. it was nice to play FFIII in english, but the story was lacking.
CT is better than IV (waaaaaaaay more replay value, plus the characters are more endearing IMO).

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

LoopyLuigi

I'd have to say, given the choice, that FFIV would be my first choice. CT close second. I also have FF3 and it was good, but not great. I got it for $10, and that's what is was worth.

It's a me, Luigi!

HawkeyeMartin

theblackdragon wrote:

IV is better than III. it was nice to play FFIII in english, but the story was lacking.
CT is better than IV (waaaaaaaay more replay value, plus the characters are more endearing IMO).

I hole heartedly agree! but is Dragon Quest better??? ........i don't think so,,,,but then again.....I can't make up my mind!!!!

HawkeyeMartin

HawkeyeMartin

LoopyLuigi wrote:

. I also have FF3 and it was good, but not great. I got it for $10, and that's what is was worth.

Got mine for 7 dollars off amazon!!!

HawkeyeMartin

theblackdragon

DQ i've never been able to get into for some reason, so as for me, i'd have to say 'no'.

if you're trying to decide which DS remake is better, I think they're all good remakes that do a great job of showcasing the games themselves. I'm pretty sure FFIV and CT all got retranslated again for maximum faithfulness to their original scripts, too, and CT still wins out thanks to the Bird Studio FMVs they kept from the PSX remake. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

LoopyLuigi

re ff3: lol!
As for DQ, they are also great games. I feel that DQIV would be worth it bought used for about $20, but I have a soft spot for DQV, my fave DQ game, and the DS remake is really great, I bought it at launch. But if I had to pick one of the above, It'd still be FFIV.

It's a me, Luigi!

Corbs

I love the Dragon Quest games, but they are very traditional in style and execution. Maybe too much so considering how little they've evolved over the years. But Chrono Trigger is the best of the bunch. Don't miss it!

Plain old gamer :)

Noire

Final Fantasy IV > Final Fantasy III
I like my old-school RPG's, but III was too old-school for me. I like my RPGs to be around SNES-era.

Chrono Trigger > Almost every other RPG out there (my giant fanboyish love for Golden Sun is not letting me write all)
Chrono Trigger is a masterpiece, a candidate for best game ever, and is the highest high in the high that is SNES-era RPG's. Get it first.

Edited on by Noire

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

retired_account

So far I think my favorite FF game is FF6 (I guess that'd be IV on here? Damn Square and its convoluted numbering system). Battles are more punchy and exploration is more satisfying.

Edit: Whoops, those are the DS ones, not the SNES ones. My bad.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

HawkeyeMartin

PhoenixSage wrote:

Final Fantasy IV > Final Fantasy III
I like my old-school RPG's, but III was too old-school for me. I like my RPGs to be around SNES-era.

Chrono Trigger > Almost every other RPG out there (my giant fanboyish love for Golden Sun is not letting me right all)
Chrono Trigger is a masterpiece, a candidate for best game ever, and is the highest high in the high that is SNES-era RPG's. Get it first.

Golden Sun is one of my favorite games of all-time!! Can't wait for Golden Sun DS, and I think FF and CT are still a little better than DQ.

HawkeyeMartin

Noire

HawkeyeMartin, you are one of my new favorite people on the internet. Any Golden Sun fan is a person I can get along with.

There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

HawkeyeMartin

PhoenixSage wrote:

HawkeyeMartin, you are one of my new favorite people on the internet. Any Golden Sun fan is a person I can get along with.

Thanks! If golden sun ds has a multiplayer mode when it comes out we'll have to play together!
we should trade friend codes for other games.

HawkeyeMartin

Noire

Man, oh man, if Golden Sun has online multiplayer I'm going to be a very happy camper. I barely ever got to use the multiplayer in the originals due to lack of friends who have the game.

And that sounds like a plan. Looking over your sig, and I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Metroid Prime Hunters, and Animal Crossing. Have to dig out my friend codes, but I'll be sure to post them once I do that.

red_cap16

IV is much better than III. And Chrono Trigger is better than both of them, in fact it's the best RPG on the DS, in my opinion.

Currently playing:
Wii + GC - House of the dead: overkill, Guitar hero world tour, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Eternal darkness: sanitys requiem
DS - Final fantasy 4, Rhythm paradise, Pokemon platinum, GTA:CTW.
VC + WiiWare - Icarian, Lostwinds, Zelda: Maj..

HawkeyeMartin

PhoenixSage wrote:

Man, oh man, if Golden Sun has online multiplayer I'm going to be a very happy camper. I barely ever got to use the multiplayer in the originals due to lack of friends who have the game.

And that sounds like a plan. Looking over your sig, and I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Metroid Prime Hunters, and Animal Crossing. Have to dig out my friend codes, but I'll be sure to post them once I do that.

if you post your friend codes i will ad you to mine.

HawkeyeMartin

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.