Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,772

cheapogamer4life

@ slave:
Don't get Army Defender! Its a pick-up and play style game that doesn't have any variety to it. With only one game mode(endless) you'll easily be able to find a good tower defense on the service.

The only other game I have that is on your list is SoD.
Soul of Darkness is a pretty good game if your into 2D platformers. Not very long or difficult though.

Edit:
Hm.... If you can't stand to wait I'd dl another TD game if I was you like Libera Wing or Viking Invasion(as you love that genre ). If so, hold off on some great instant dl to sneak up on the service (but obviously that might not happen).

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Slave

yeah, but seriously? 1 to 3 hours for SoD? I beat Shantae in about 6h and I spent lotsa time trying to figure out where to go next :-/ not too sure about it if it's that short... I mean I love 2D platformers and all... I guess if it's really that good... might check it out...

or maybe I should finish the last Castlevania, never completed it haha

Edited on by Slave

Slave

lemonhead

hey guys i have 1700 points and kinda want a puzzler im leaning towrds a little bit of puzlle league but ivy the kiwi looks promising and is datamine like bubble blaster?

lemonhead

piguy101

Ya, no with the Army Defender; I regret getting it.

I'm half pig, half man, and half dog.

LuWiiGi

@lemonhead Datamine is like Pang (don't know if you've heard of it) and Ivy the Kiwi is recommended by many people. But if I were you I'd get an Art Style game if you want puzzlers (PiCOPiCT, KuBos, Aquite, etc.). They're all only 500 points and they are very good as well as stylish. Primrose is also recommended (only 200 points), and if you live in America unlike me you can get Glow Artisan which is apparently a very good puzzler. There are plenty of other puzzlers that I can't remember (DSiWare is 60% puzzlers ) as well. Hope you find something good.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

lemonhead

hey can anyone tell me about a little bit of puzzle league? is it a good game and worth while

lemonhead

LuWiiGi

@lemonhead Well, the NL review said it was a worthwhile purchase (if you don't have the full Puzzle League) and apparently it has a decent amount of content (but no multiplayer), but you've probs already read the review anyway. I think you'd be better off buying one of the other games I mentioned, but hey, why not get both?

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

iLander

hello i have 400 points and im looking for 200p games, any fun ones that i might like?
(im not a fan of solitaire, or sudoku or etc.. im looking for games)

DSi is the apple of my i!

Armand

iLander wrote:

hello i have 400 points and im looking for 200p games, any fun ones that i might like?
(im not a fan of solitaire, or sudoku or etc.. im looking for games)

Aura-Aura Climber .

Armand

Birdman

Ditto on Aura-Aura. Ninja Karakuri Den is also pretty good for 200 points.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

iLander

ok, i'm thinking i want to spend 200 on a game that is not too hard, and something like Bird and Beans(i have it)
Aura aura seems good..
I also want one that doesnt get boring and has endless fun.

DSi is the apple of my i!

jdarrell

I wanted all the medals in Aura Aura so that lasted me awhile.

But 200 points of endless fun is asking a bit too much if you don't like solitaire, etc.

I haven't played AiRace: Tunnel, but maybe consider that. The comments section for its review look favourable.

Edit: I forgot about the Ninja series games.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

HolyMackerel

AiRace Tunnel gets old pretty fast. There are only a few stages and they're basically the same as one another. I think Aura-Aura and Spotto! are the best 200 point games available, although they won't last forever.

I've had endless fun with EA Sudoku but that's not what you're looking for...

HolyMackerel

iphys

I really like Advanced Circuits. The graphics are kind of lame, but the gameplay is really addictive. It's pretty simple, and even after I got all the medals, I still play it for high scores. I might have even played it more than Aura-Aura by now, although I still think Aura-Aura is the best 200-point game.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

cheapogamer4life

Escapee Go! Not bad for 200 np's if your into pac man'ish type games but it won't last forever.

xraydash

I got my six year old daughter a used dsi for Christmas. I'd like to load it up, if possible, with five 200 point games. Can you give me some recommendations? Casual stuff, nothing too twitchy. It has Birds and Beans on it already so that's a good start. I was thinking maybe an Electroplankton title but I'm not sure which one. Also, isn't there some bubble popping game?

She is a little gamer and has a ds lite (soon to be handed down to her cousin.) She likes Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and especially Mario Party.

Any recs are greatly appreciated!

xraydash

Birdman

@xraydash - That bubble popping game you mentioned is Pop+ Solo, and it's 500 points. Pop Island: Paperfield is definitely a must-buy for your daughter. It's very addictive and highly similar to Mario Kart's Battle Mode. As for the Electroplankton games, Beatnes and Luminarrow are probably the best ones. Keep in mind I only reccomend games I own myself. So that's about it. If you're looking for more game options, I reccomend searching through the games out now list here on NL. If you find anything that sounds interesting, post here and I'm sure you'll get at least a few other user's opinions. Welcome to Nintendo Life!

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

cheapogamer4life

Pop÷ Solo is 500 np's which is the only bubble popping game available in the DSiware shop that I'm aware of. This one has a lot of game modes but not much variety in the gameplay. I wouldn't recommend this one as none of the little ones never give that one a chance when I download it.

As for good 200 point games for a six year old its hard to say. I have a 8 niece who really loved games like Castle of Magic(500 np's), Oregon Trail(800 np's) and Mario vs. Donkey: MMA(800 np's).

I hear good things about these 200 point titles though....

1. Aura- Aura Climber
2. Spotto
3.My Farm
4. My Exotic Farm

As for a Electroplankton titles the most popular would be Hanenbow and Luminarrow. I've never played any of them though.

I'd go with Mario vs. Donkey Kong:MMA and Aura- Aura Climb if I wanted to spend 1000 points in the shop.

rosemo

I think on this thread I recommended the same games as iphys with addition of Castle of Magic also.

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic