Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,772

hulklol123456789

sonic_brawler95 wrote:

I'm gonna come clean, I didn't really like DQW that much...

But DQIX is extreemly awesome!

I don't have DQW, I just say, that it is a strategy game. Yes DQ IX is awesome, and all of the most awesome games are retail games, and not downloads.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

xAlias

Have you tried online yet?

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

Funky_Gamer

Hey everyone. I kind of want Rytmik, but don't want to get ripped off by another DSiWare.
I have a few questions about this game, like:

• Are there tutorials?
  • What kinds of music can you make?
  • Is there a way to save onto a DSiWare card, or upload to a website?
  • How long can the songs be?
  • Is it worth the money?
  • Are there any domputer downloads that are as good as this if not better?

And if you have anything else to tell me about this, please tell me.
Thanks

Edited on by Funky_Gamer

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

hulklol123456789

@Funky Gamer, dude, dude, dude, the DSiWare shop is full of junk and worthless horrible games, but if you search in all the junk, you will found something nice, and that is Rytmik!

Rytmik is extremly well made and is really easy to get started with, yes there are tutorials, there are 2 official tutorials that you can found at the cinemax youtube channel, they are very usefull, but not necesary. You can make all kind of music you one, but specially video game music, like a intro of mario world or metroid, or just create your own song. There is not a official website in the one you can upload your music like there is on flipnote, but you can pass it to your computet via the headphones and a microphone and audiacity, or via a video, there are also programms to quit the music from the video and change its format into mp3, midi, etc. Im not sure how long can the songs be, but pretty long, more than 3 minutes of course.
It IS worth the money, more than any other game/application or junk that you can find in the DSiWare. Computer downloads? never heard of anyone, these is just the best!!!!

So don't get junk like oregon trail, or my pets hamster, or rayman, or wario ware snapped, or any of that junk, get Rytmik, it is really one of the little bit of DSiWare games/applications that IS really worth the $$.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

sonic_brawler95

@labrat- I never played DQW online, but I just didn't enjoy the game altogether.

@Funky- Oh, Rytmik is waaaay worth it, trust me.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

Bankai

hulklol123456789 wrote:

@Funky Gamer, dude, dude, dude, the DSiWare shop is full of junk and worthless horrible games, but if you search in all the junk, you will found something nice, and that is Rytmik!

Rytmik is extremly well made and is really easy to get started with, yes there are tutorials, there are 2 official tutorials that you can found at the cinemax youtube channel, they are very usefull, but not necesary. You can make all kind of music you one, but specially video game music, like a intro of mario world or metroid, or just create your own song. There is not a official website in the one you can upload your music like there is on flipnote, but you can pass it to your computet via the headphones and a microphone and audiacity, or via a video, there are also programms to quit the music from the video and change its format into mp3, midi, etc. Im not sure how long can the songs be, but pretty long, more than 3 minutes of course.
It IS worth the money, more than any other game/application or junk that you can find in the DSiWare. Computer downloads? never heard of anyone, these is just the best!!!!

So don't get junk like oregon trail, or my pets hamster, or rayman, or wario ware snapped, or any of that junk, get Rytmik, it is really one of the little bit of DSiWare games/applications that IS really worth the $$.

Coming from the guy who reckons DQW requires no strategy, it's really difficult to give your opinion much credit. :-/

jdarrell

I think he meant to say Oregon Trail when he said it uses luck.

@Rytmik It's easy to use with or without the YouTube tutorials. But they won't teach you how to get the samples to make the sounds you want or how to compose music in general. I'm guessing you haven't used a tracker before and don't play an instrument (I don't), so you might have trouble making something better than a midi rip that sounds off.

Go to http://www.youtube.com/video_response_view_all?v=DsUlyZ35OYo and http://rytmik.cinemax.cz to get an idea of the kind of music you can make. Most of the YouTube entries use Rytmik only.

You can save a lot of songs, but they stay within Rytmik and the player doesn't work in sleep mode. You'd have to record them to your computer and convert them to play them in other ways. Basically there's a really cheap cable you might already own that can record DSi audio to your computer.

You can play 128 clips and they're about 2 seconds each, so I'd say expect 3-4 minutes for a song. But I think it depends on the bpm speed you're using.

It was worth it for me, but it depends on what you're expecting to get out of it.

In my opinion it's a respectable sample based tracker, with an advantage of being portable and easy controls. There are similar computer programs, but it depends on a lot of things to say which ones are better or worse.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

ReddLionz

iz rythmcore alpha betr?

Another question: In Rytmik, you can make layers of instruments to make a song right? How many layers?

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

Funky_Gamer

Thanks everyone! Now the only thing I need to know is: does anyone have free points? Jk. (But if you do that would be great).
Thanks for the feedback, and I am sure that I will get this awesome app!

SwerdMurd

@redd - haven't used rythmcore alpha.

Rytmik has space for up to 16 layers--it allows for four concurrent sets of 4 samples to be played at once.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Funky_Gamer

Oh and one last question, how many songs can you have saved at once?

Funky_Gamer

Hey everyone, I have 300 points left, and need to know what the best 200 point is. I already have pyoro, paper airplane, Mario clock and calculator, and G&W DK

Edit:
Currently interested in:
Aura Aura climber
Spotto
and Army Defender

Edited on by Funky_Gamer

Birdman

@Funky - Definitely NOT Army Defender. Try Spotto! if you're more into puzzlers or if you loved Trajectile (who didn't?) If you're sick of puzzles, however, definitely Aura-Aura Climber.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

ReddLionz

What do you guys think is the best Game & Watch game for the DSi? I might get one, I have 400 pts left.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

LuWiiGi

Does anyone know if Aura-Aura Climber is coming to Europe? I sure hope it is.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

Funky_Gamer

Content wise, is Aura Aura climber or Spotto better?
And which one will last a longer time?
How hard are they?

LuWiiGi

Aura-Aura Climber is longer, has more content and is harder. So I would get that.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic