Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,774

hulklol123456789

Well thx you guys for helping me, ar these moment I have choose 2 games for sure: x-scape and trajectile (reflect misile) and have eliminated 2 from my list;Spin Six and DodoGo. So I think I will get 1 pop island, wich oe do u recommend?

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Birdman

Hulklol - If you're not completely sold on Pop Island's concept, try Paperfield. It might be a little smaller, but very little changed from the original to Paperfield, so it's a good way to see what it's all about.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

KCKowalchuk

so im planning in the future to get Alpha Bounce and Trajectile or Pictobits? i can't decide

KCKowalchuk

Punny

KCKowalchuk wrote:

so im planning in the future to get Alpha Bounce and Trajectile or Pictobits? i can't decide

I don't have the first two games you mentioned, but PiCTOBiTS is a great puzzler that's worth a download.

Edited on by Punny

I'm back (for the moment)!

hulklol123456789

Well if im getting paperfield than for a match of 1000 points I should get other four 200 points games in NA, wich one should I get, what are your recomendations.

Artial

KCKowalchuk wrote:

I have both Trajectile and Pictobits. I like Pictobits, but Trajectile gave me a lot of pleasure - and of lot of challenge toward the end (getting the 230 gold medals). Pictobits is good if you like action-puzzle (decide very quickly), Trajectile lets you take all the time you need to plan your moves. I'd say I spent ~3 hours on Pictobits to finish the first 15 levels (there are 15 more remixed levels but got tired of the game), whereas on Trajectile, I spend 20+ hours and I'm still hooked (228 out of 230 gold medals). I would get trajectile + ...tada.... our game QuickPick Farmer because I think it has at least as much replay value as Pictobits. Okay I''m perhaps a tad biased.

Edited on by Artial

QuickPick Farmer official website
Dancing Dots - indie game developer studio

hulklol123456789

Hmm well, so if im sure gonna buy x-scape and trajectile it left me with 3500 points, now its time to drop some games out, help me to choose.

• Super Swap or the new sabraasa game
  • The new gameloft game (srry forgot its name) or Maestro: Green Groove
  • Flametail?
  • Metal Torrent?
  • DQW?
  • Frogger Returns?
  • AS: Base 10?

Edited on by hulklol123456789

iphys

I prefer Trajectile to Pictobits. Pictobits felt like mindless work having to earn all the coins to buy everything and then I never played it again. Trajectile was fun earning all the medals, and even when you've earned all the medals it's fun to see if you can do even better by finding trick-shots to finish a stage with one missile.

The 200-point games I have I would rate as Aura-Aura > Paperfield > Photo Dojo > Turvy Drops > Spotto.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Funky_Gamer

KCKowalchuk wrote:

I have AlphaBounce and pictobits. The thing about Alpha bounce is that it never gets old. Pictobits will be worth the money, but will get old, and just another one of those never gonna use again DSiWare.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I want Rytmik

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

KCKowalchuk

Funky Gamer, is there another 500 point game that's like alpha bounce that doesn't get old?

KCKowalchuk

Hokori

Game and Watch Games because they are the Closest things weve got to a Virtual Handheld for now and there Cheap.

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

iphys

Has anyone actually played any of the G&W titles for more than half an hour? They look like something you'd probably only play a few minutes and then never play again. I had about 10 different LCD games as a kid and gave them all away the second I got my NES, and I've never missed any of them because they simply weren't that fun.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

NexxuZ

Which one should I get? 3D Space Tank (X-Scape in US) or Soul of Darkness?
I really don't know which one is better so yeah

NexxuZ

Birdman

NexxuZ wrote:

I don't have Soul of Darkness, but X-Scape is one of the greatest DSiWare titles available.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

rosemo

@NexxuZ: I would recommend spending the money for X-Scape.

@KCKowalchuk: I agree with the others on this forum who have both Pictobits and Trajectile. Trajectile is the better game overall. Like Artial, I finished the first 15 levels of the Pictobits in approx. 4 hours but then found that the 15 additional levels were just too insanely hard. However, I stuck with Trajectile all the way to the end, got all 230 medals and spent about 10 hours doing it. Overall, its in my top 5 DSiWare games.

Edited on by rosemo

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

Funky_Gamer

KCKowalchuk wrote:

Funky Gamer, is there another 500 point game that's like alpha bounce that doesn't get old?

Not that I have downloaded. Just remember, I am not a big fan of downloading.

Birdman13 wrote:

NexxuZ wrote:

I don't have Soul of Darkness, but X-Scape is one of the greatest DSiWare titles available.

X-Scape is incredible. Its graphics are amazing.

Edited on by Funky_Gamer

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

cheapogamer4life

iphys wrote:

Has anyone actually played any of the G&W titles for more than half an hour?

I only have Donkey Knog Jr. for the DSi, but I heart that game so much because of the nostallgic factor. It was the only game I remember playing as a kid, but I never had any of these G&W games. Most of the time a spend 30 mins. at best going for a championship run on this one. After about 15 mins. or so this game gets super hard so over time I get worse at it. s So about 30 mins. at a time is all I spend on it. Its very additive and rewarding to me to save Donkey Kong over and over. Ive been looking to try other G&W games for the service, but I think none of them could compare to DKJ. Mario Cement Factory does sound nice though.

Soul of Darkness < X-scape
I have both of these and enjoy them almost the same. X-scape is something new and fresh for the DSiware service but Soul of Darknees is a good knockoff of a Castlevania game. Since im all about getting the most out of every download I have to give Xscape the edge because its around 5 hours longer the SoD. This if you decide to get 100% completion of both games. Plus Xscape makes you say “wow” and SoD not so much.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

cheapogamer4life

KCKowalchuk wrote:

i got paperfield and it's pretty sick. i don't know how it compares to aura aura climber but its good

This ↑
I agree

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic