Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,772

NexxuZ

Pfff so much games to choose from, I don't have an idea where to even start
I have 2000 points now, what would you guys recommend? I would also like a puzzle game and maybe racer.
I also live in EU.

NexxuZ

KnucklesSonic8

Racer = AiRace.
I also highly recommend Pop Island.

KnucklesSonic8

hulklol123456789

Hmmm, racer? EU? get AirRace it is only 500 points, if you like music games rythmik will be a option for you, and if you need some aplications you can get a calculator, clock, postacards, a little notebook for 200pts each. Puzzles? Animal Color Cross, Art Style titles (I recommend these ones) idk maybe a saving the turtles? hey read reviews, watch videos, be carefull with gameloft games and enjoy it! Oh and hey, if your looking for a nice platformer, I recomend you Dark Void Zero, it is realy good.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Artial

The best game so far for me was Missile reflect. I spend > 20 hours on it and still didn't get all gold medals (222/230)! It's sort of a puzzle game.

QuickPick Farmer official website
Dancing Dots - indie game developer studio

jdarrell

sak904 wrote:

I will have 500 points left over after buying a game, and I've narrowed down my choices to these two games. I have a question about Soul of Darkness, though. Can you play it without the camera (like if you're in bed supposed to be sleeping)?

I love the good old brick breaker games, but I love the Castlevania games as well.

Edit: Also, whats the difficulty level of Soul of Darkness and how is it for the gameplay length?

Gameplay length: I got bored of AlphaBounce before I finished the first campaign, but that's still a ton of hours compared to Soul of Darkness. Which I'll guess is two hours give or take.

Beating Soul of Darkness unlocks a hard mode, but I'm halfway through it and don't notice anything harder (probably because I found all the power-ups and maxed out all weapon levels.) Could probably add your own challenge by playing through using minimal or zero power-ups.

The in-game camera is basically zoom in on something red you have to get a small amount of experience, not required at all.

Overall I would say get both, SoD first, unless you need a long playtime for your points.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

Artial

Thank you Odnetnin! I'm glad you appreciate our title. I just can't promote it shamelessly myself, but I especially agree that for 200 points, with QP Farmer you can't go wrong. Doh! I did it

Edited on by Artial

QuickPick Farmer official website
Dancing Dots - indie game developer studio

Shane904

I will have 500 points left over after buying a game, and I've narrowed down my choices to Soul of Darkness and Alphabounce. I have a question about Soul of Darkness, though. Can you play it without the camera (like if you're in bed supposed to be sleeping)?

I love the good old brick breaker games, but I love the Castlevania games as well.

Also, whats the difficulty level of Soul of Darkness and how is it for the gameplay length?

Shane904

Eel

well, soul of darkness the short, alphabounce is long both are good and both will end up boring you sooner or late like any other game. do you want a short monster killing adventure or a long block-breaking trip?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Funky_Gamer

@sak904 I've never played Sould of Darkness, but I could play Alphabounce for months without end. Alphabounce is personally my favorite 500 point game.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

cheapogamer4life

@sak904: I dont have AlphaBounce(yet) but I can tell you A little about Soul of Darkness. I havent played any Castlevania games for the DS, but after my 4-5 hour play through with this title it really makes wanna get a cart version of that cloned game. You dont really need the camera as its only use is to help out your players stats. As JD mention in his post this game isnt to challenging, but if you decide not to upgrade your player to often you will find a pretty good challenge here. With the checkpoints not beening spead out to far in each level cheap deaths doesnt really take to much from this game. Its not the kinda game that you would want to play to death, but its really fun at the story is pretty good as well.
Overall ,like Dark Void Zero, this game is good enough that you would want to go back and beat it every once and a while.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

KCKowalchuk

So i can't decide what DSiWare game i should buy. i am looking for 500 point games and these are the ones i chose:
-Bomberman Blitz
-PiCTOBiTS
-Trajectile
-Glow Artisan
-AlphaBounce
-Soul of Darkness
-Pop Island (hows the single player?)
-Castle of Magic (is it too short?)
and -Mr. Driller

Lastly, i am choosing between 3 200 point games.
-Aura-Aura Climber
-Spotto
and -Touch Solitaire.

If you can give your input on what i should get, that would be awesome!
P.S- i have not interest in the Electro-plankton and Game&Watch series's.
thanks!

KCKowalchuk

Birdman

Wow, long list. Anyway, for your 500 point games, I reccomend Pictobits, Trajectile and AlphaBounce. Aura-Aura is perhaps the best 200 point game on DSiWare. However, Spotto! is very similar to Trajectile gameplay-wise, and tomorrow Pop Island: Paperfield launches, which should provide an improved (though probably smaller) version of Pop Island. So if I were you, I'd wait until tomorrow to buy anything.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

KnucklesSonic8

I highly recommend Alphabounce, Bomberman Blitz and Pop Island.
If you're tempted to get Touch Solitaire, go for 5-in-1 Solitaire instead.

You leaning more towards a puzzle game or a strategy game?

And yeah definitely wait until tomorrow.

KnucklesSonic8

iphys

I have Trajectile and Pictobits, and they're both good, but I'd be more likely to want to replay Trajectile.

I have Aura-Aura Climber and Spotto, and I think Aura-Aura is superior, not that Spotto is a bad game either.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

KCKowalchuk

i really was aiming toward a more adventure over a puzzle game but if the games you guys are recommending are good then ill go for it. so now im battling against aura aura climber and pop island paperfield. will paperfield be an improved or downsized version of the original? btw you guys are awesome!

KCKowalchuk

KCKowalchuk

i only have 1200 points so im going to get two 500 point games and 1 200 point.

KCKowalchuk

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic