Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,774

hulklol123456789

So you recommend me metal torrent?

Hmmm OK, I find Crazy Golf a little cassic, hit the ball, make it enter the hole... I think with metal torrent I will have more fun.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

KnucklesSonic8

Consider Fire Panic? Spotto's a good game. Can't go wrong with it!

KnucklesSonic8

Bassman_Q

@Destroyer360 & hulklol123456789- Starship Defense and A Kappa's Trail are both excellent 500 point games.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

ToastyYogurt

jdarrell wrote:

Maybe X-Scape or Starship Patrol.

X-Scape is 800 points, and I said that I only have 500...

I'm wondering about Dark Void Zero and Starship Defense. First of all, how hard is it? I've heard it was very hard, and I'm not sure if I would be able to even finish level 1 if it is as hard as it sounds. And about Starship Defense, I've never played a tower defense game before. Can someone point me to a flash game online that plays similar to Starship Defense? Thanks!

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

hulklol123456789

Well Dark Void Zero its not hard, it easy, well a little bit, the first level is a little hard to beat, but when you get on it you can pass the 3 levels in 1 day, trust me, it is a really good game. Starship defence is good too, but I found it much more dificult than dark void zero, anyways they are totally diferent, dark void zero got 3 long levels, starship defence got 30 levels, but maybe you'll like tower games hmm I give you some ones:

http://towerdefencegames.com/
http://www.popcap.com/games/pvz
http://www.viking-invasion.com/

Have fun!!!!! (note one of the games is a trailer for another tower dsiware games that cost 800 points, viking oinvasion)

LordJumpMad

Whats the best game you can get for 200 Points.

or any new games that are coming soon that sound good for 200 points

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Anyone played Kappa's Trail? Impressions? I have 2000 points, but I cannot decide whether to put on my Dsi or Wii

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

hulklol123456789

JumpMad wrote:

Whats the best game you can get for 200 Points.

or any new games that are coming soon that sound good for 200 points

OK so is the best of the games:

1. Aura-Aura climber
2. Spotto
3. Photo Dojo (if you haven't get it)
4. Bird & Beans
5. Paper Airplane Chase

hulklol123456789

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

Anyone played Kappa's Trail? Impressions? I have 2000 points, but I cannot decide whether to put on my Dsi or Wii

Well I like DSiware games but have never tried Wiiware games, but the virtual console games on the wii looks good if you like old-type games.

ErrorSupply

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

Kappa is really nice. I never played Earthbound, so any cameos or references are lost on me, but that does nothing to diminish my enjoyment. It features a well done presentation, fun pick up and play gameplay in the main quest and 3 additional unlockable mini games that could nearly pass for 200 pt DSiWare on their own.

UNO FC: 5199-7153-8508

Birdman

Destroyer - While DVZ is designed to be a retro, tough-as-nails game, the easy difficulty setting is pretty easy. Starship Defense starts off easy but gets challenging very quickly (I'm currently stuck around level 20).

JumpMad - Some of the best 200 point games are Aura-Aura Climber, Spotto! and Game and Watch: Donkey Kong Jr. While not as good, Advanced Circuits, Robot Rescue, Telegraph Sudoku and Kakuro and Paper Airplane Chase are all pretty nice as well. Keep in mind I only reccomend games that I own.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

ToastyYogurt

Birdman13 wrote:

While DVZ is designed to be a retro, tough-as-nails game, the easy difficulty setting is pretty easy. Starship Defense starts off easy but gets challenging very quickly (I'm currently stuck around level 20).

Wait DVZ has an easy mode?! How about other difficulties?
EDIT: Nevermind, I found out it has 3. I think I might get it.

Oh, and thanks for the examples hulklol. I tried Plants vs. Zombies and found it to be fun for a while, but I got bored later in the game. Then I tried Revenge of the Stickmen and didn't like that as much for some reason. Maybe because I got bored of PVZ.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

drexegar

Drift Street International is the best racing game on DS, as of now I regret purchasing asphalt 4 and I will never going to touch that Ashpalt ferrari edition either (They might as well call the game that).

The Graphics are great (Lots of crazy reflections of city and yellow lights on the car)
The Drifting is very satisifying, Drifting become more thrilling when drifting over speeds at 180.
Tracks are okay some have fun turns (espeically the last stage).
I play this game over and over again.
Whats get me mad about asphalt 4 for the DSI, it misses a lot of features from asphalt 2 for the DS, also you cant drive on sidewalks or off the road basically, its an invisble wall now, makign the trasition from 2 to 4 fustrating (ashpalt 3 was not realese for DS) Also it limiting and just dosent make any sense. Its impossible (no matter if you master the game or not) to drift at full speed without crashing to the oncoming curve, unless you have a slow car or you slow down with your fast car, you always feel like your going way to fast for the track. Drift International fixes that by making the turn speed go up faster as much as your speed, It hard to describe, but its sweet (Of course there is no way you can make a really tight hairpin at 200 miles per hour).
Even though drift is missing a traffic, getting nitro while drifting and keeping your speed to the top as long as you can while racing is very addicting. You always want to try out new way to get nitro and find the perfect time when to use it, or blast the nitro on the toughest turns to master drifting at a high speed.
I play this game everyday, I beat everything, but I always come back for the racing. That the most important part of the game.

Love and laughter are the ultimate powers of the universe.

cheapogamer4life

So which game do you guys think is the better buy for 500 points Alpha Bounce or Kappas Trail. Im not really a fan of either type of gameplay, but they seem like games I could get into from your impressions. So if you have played both which would you rank high then the other and why? Or if you just wanna comment feel free to do so.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

ToastyYogurt

I haven't played Kappa's Trail, but I have Alphabounce and it is an okay game. The touch screen controls work well and it is a nice mix of breakout with an RPG style gameplay. The game was originally a flash game so you might want to try it out before you buy the DSiWare version. There is a three-stage per day limit on the flash game, but there is no limit on the DSiWare game.

I'm pretty okay.

Birdman

Ok, I was planning on getting Flametail and A Kappa's Trail but since Matt Bozon of Wayforward is claiming Shatae: Risky's Revenge will probably come out in the next few weeks, I want to have some Nintendo Points waiting just in case. Anyway, I was wondering, should I get Flametail or A Kappa's Trail first? I am not looking to buy any other games at this moment. Also, do not post unless you have both games.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Birdman

Ok, since it appears nobody has both Flametail and A Kappa's Trail, which do you think is better?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic