Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,772

Djrr-ific

@HolyMackerel

Thank you! I think I won't buy Pop Island as I don't have many friends with ds'es though, only a brother but hes boring xD
So I'll wait with spending my points till friday

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2047-4489

HolyMackerel

Just checked, Pinball Pulse is 79 blocks and Pop Island is 96 blocks.

No problem! Oh and trust me, Pinball Pulse is really excellent. Even if you like pinball only in passing, this one will stick. It's got a lot of depth and replayability and is very addictive. If you're still stuck on what to get on Friday, I'd highly recommend Pinball Pulse.

HolyMackerel

Djrr-ific

Haha alright, thank you:) I think I'll get that

HolyMackerel

So I have 1600 points remaining, and while that sounds perfect for two 800 point games, I'm not actually interested in any. Here's what I'm considering, and I'd like to hear what people have to say about these:

• PictureBook Games: The Royal Bluff - Seems underappreciated. I don't quite get how the game is played, and it sounds really interesting, being a strategic bluffing card/board game, which is right up my alley... But not much has been said about the game and I'm not totally sold on it.
  • Art Style: ZENGAGE/NEMREM - Still confused about how half seem to adore it and half seem to hate it. I've been looking for a relaxing DSiWare game for a while, and sliding puzzles/Rubik's cubes are okay imo. But a lot of people say this is too frustrating and hard? :/ And the music can be grating?
  • Spaceball: Revolution - I don't have it on WiiWare, and if anyone has it on DSiWare I'd like to hear their opinions.

HolyMackerel

nothankyou

If It's art style games you're interested in, get either Pictobits or precipice. Both are super fun and hvae fantastic music.

nothankyou

Djrr-ific

@HolyMackerel

I only have Nemrem from your list, and I quite liked it haha... But it got really hard in the third menu of levels...
I didn't complete the game because It simply got too hard for me... But if you like sliding puzzles or all the art style games, this is maybe something for you...

nothankyou

I'm looking for a good 200 points game. Any suggestions?

nothankyou

wiiplayer26

SpriteKing wrote:

I'm looking for a good 200 points game. Any suggestions?

Army Defender, Crash Course Domo, or 5 in 1 Solitaire.

[19:46] wiiplayer26 joined the conversation
[19:47] PhoenixSage: It is teh twenty-sixth wii player. Howdy

"Defend the Underatted, when you know they have nothing wrong with them" Thats my motto.

My official theme song can be found in this video.

http://www.yout...

Namo

To everyone: I reccomend Rayman--

Oh wait, Nintendolife gave it a low score! Guess no one will get it!

Namo wrote:

"O Gods of gaming, I beg thee, have mercy and do not allow another game franchise to be ruined for me by its fanbase. Amen."

Grounder is the best robot from the Sonic universe ever. Period. Metal Sonic? Pffft, forg...

HolyMackerel

@SpriteKing: Well I already have the other Art Style games. I think I'll just get ZENGAGE to finish the series, and it looks challenging and interesting.

As for 200 point games, Aura-Aura Climber and Spotto! are both great games.

HolyMackerel

Kyloctopus

Pop Island, it is like a spin-off of Diddy Kong Racing (Although in Pop Island is not about racing. It's about capturing the flag)

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Kyloctopus

Uno is also good...If you're living in Europe where Uno sells for 500 points

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

Namo wrote:

So I want Prehistoric Man and they gave it 3 out of 10

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

Prehistoric Man looks great and so does Rayman. You can't always listin to this site

Kyloctopus

cheapogamer4life

Namo wrote:

I also would recommend Rayman to even though N. Life mods didnt seem to like it. Even though this is my first time with any rayman game, I really enjoy the difficulty if this game. I never really been a big fan of platformers. This by far is the hardest platform I ever played, but still a good buy imho.

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Percentful

Ok, a few things.
First of all:

Namo wrote:

Pay attention to the review, not the score itself. I did that with electroplankton, realized that it was for me, and I got it, despite the low scores.
@koops oh my gosh, use the edit button! No need to post 5 comments in a row!

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Bassman_Q

@SpriteKing- Aura-Aura Climber fo sho. Incredible amount of polish and replayability for 2 bucks.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Namo

Since I can clearly see I'm not the only review-sheep here I also recommend Globulous Party.

By the way, Electroplankton is total genius! .

Namo wrote:

"O Gods of gaming, I beg thee, have mercy and do not allow another game franchise to be ruined for me by its fanbase. Amen."

Grounder is the best robot from the Sonic universe ever. Period. Metal Sonic? Pffft, forg...

jdarrell

I'll try for a more clear description of Picturebook Games: The Royal Bluff for Mackerel and anyone else who's asking:

First, skip to 1:30 of this video:
[youtube:wRGJArpUCPs]

The top screen keeps track of your score, you can win a game 10-8 or 2-1 or whatever, but basically points are important.

In this game the player's two colours are yellow and green, you don't know what your opponent's colours are. Correctly guessing your opponent's colours gives you bonus points.

The normal way to score points is to adjust the yellow and green piles. If you get 10 chips in one of those, you get 2 bonus points and the game ends. At the end of the game, your score is number of chips in pile 1 subtracted from number of chips in pile 2.

To adjust a pile, play one of your three cards on your turn to move it + or - 1, 2, 3.

I think that's a good enough explanation?

jdarrell

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic