Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,772

rayword45

^Here's a hint. Stop avoiding DSiWare and get yourself X-Scape. Unless you hate Tank FPS games, you will not regret a single penny of those $8 you spent.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Skitrules

@rayword45 i agree with you 100% that game was incredible!!

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

Skitrules

@rayword45 i agree with you 100% that game was incredible!!

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

NImH

I just started playing Dark Void Zero again. I'd forgotten how great this game is! Capcom delivered such a cool, mock lost game in DVZ. I really want to play a sequel of some sort!

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-2275-8578-8399 | 3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37 | Twitter:

Zando

I would VERY strongly recommend Go! Go! Kokopolo!! to anyone looking for DSiWare. That game is amazing, extremely indie, and far too unknown.

Zando

RR529

RR529 wrote:

• Anonymous Notes Chapter 1 (I guess it's alright for a $2 RPG, but it's too repetitive to be so long. You'll see every enemy type within the first area, even the one boss is reused for every area, and there's at least 4 areas, each with 3 stages of identical labyrinths. There's probably more than the 4, but I got too bored to continue.)

Okay, I have since went back & completed it. There are either 6 or 7 dungeons (can't remember which one I last completed), each with 3 "Abysses" (levels), which range anywhere from 1 to 3 floors (the final Abyss in a dungeon always has 4 floors, the 4th just being the dungeon's boss room).

As I said before, it's actually pretty long (especially for $2), and it controls fine. The only real issue is that all the dungeons have the same theme, enemies, and boss (just harder or easier, depending on what dungeon you're in).

So, it offers a nice amount of inexpensive action RPG dungeon crawling, but it all depends on whether or not the repetitive nature of the game gets to you.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Douglas444

What buy... Dragon Quest wars or Castle Conqueror Heroes?

Douglas444

Crazybrain1

Which 800 point game is the best?
-Go! Go! Kokopolo!
-Mario vs. DK March of the Minis

Also, which 200 point game is better?
-Paper Plane
-Army Defender
-myNotebook

Thanks!

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

rayword45

Best 800 point game is X-Scape, Out of those 2, I've only tried MvDK.

Paper Plane was a personal favorite of mine back when I first had my DSi. I only wish they included Download Play rather then that clunky multiplayer and a few more time trial levels (like, at least double). Unlike Pyoro, this one actually contains new content.

Army Defender is okay, but not my game. It's basically like those defense games on Newgrounds where all you do is shoot oncoming enemies. Nothing really special.

myNotebook is a utility, not a game. Save your points.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Entei

Douglas444 wrote:

Dragon quest wars is a great game if you play multiplayer, but the single player game is just a tutorial.

Castle conqueror heroes is my favorite game on Dsiware by far.
It does not have a mutiplayer mode, but the single player game is fantastic. There are loads of different tactics that you can use to beat the enemy and it has 9 chapters to play through, which took me a long time to complete them all.
Castle conqueror heroes has a very high difficulty level so by chapter three it gets very difficult to clear the chapter first time.
I had to play chapter 6 about ten times before I could beat it.

Edited on by Entei

Entei

Douglas444

Entei wrote:

Douglas444 wrote:

Dragon quest wars is a great game if you play multiplayer, but the single player game is just a tutorial.

Castle conqueror heroes is my favorite game on Dsiware by far.
It does not have a mutiplayer mode, but the single player game is fantastic. There are loads of different tactics that you can use to beat the enemy and it has 9 chapters to play through, which took me a long time to complete them all.
Castle conqueror heroes has a very high difficulty level so by chapter three it gets very difficult to clear the chapter first time.
I had had to play chapter 6 about ten times before I could beat it.

Wow... Castle Conqueror is my choice! Look very good! Thank's for you opinion! XD

Douglas444

Andyv01

Douglas444 wrote:

In total agreement with Entei, finished Castle Conq Heroes this evening after nigh on 30 hours gameplay, not quite as polished as Advance Wars and still great fun and a REAL challenge knowing when to retreat or try holding your ground... Yes level 6 is the stuff of nightmares...

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Entei

I downloaded castle conqueror heroes 2 just over a week ago and it is a really great game. I dont like it as much as the first one, because I found that the difficulty level was lower than the first game, and I don't like the music.

Castle conqueror heroes is my
favourite game on Dsiware, Plants vs zombies is my second favourite and Castle conqueror heroes 2 is my third favourite.

Entei

Crazybrain1

rayword45 wrote:

Best 800 point game is X-Scape, Out of those 2, I've only tried MvDK.

Paper Plane was a personal favorite of mine back when I first had my DSi. I only wish they included Download Play rather then that clunky multiplayer and a few more time trial levels (like, at least double). Unlike Pyoro, this one actually contains new content.

Army Defender is okay, but not my game. It's basically like those defense games on Newgrounds where all you do is shoot oncoming enemies. Nothing really special.

myNotebook is a utility, not a game. Save your points.

Ok then, I may get Jump Trials Extreme or wait for Color Commando. Or maybe Paper Plane.
But it X-Scape a game that you can keep playing, even once you get everything (which probably won't happen)?

Edited on by Crazybrain1

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

rayword45

Unless you want to relive the experience, no. Completing the campaign will take you 6-10 hours. If you're a completionist and want to 100% the game by finishing every mission, you can tack on another 2 hours or so (the reward for doing so sucks). The controls are a bit different then what you are probably used to (strafing is useless) but I warmed up to them quickly. And the game definitely feels like a lot of care was put into it, with minor details showing even on the loading screen.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Crazybrain1

Well, I already have Star Fox Command. I heard the controls are like that, so controls won't be a problem for me.
What about Mario vs Donkey Kong?

rayword45

Do you have Mini-Land Mayhem? It's an inferior expansion pack basically. But a meaty expansion pack at that (Took me around 7 hours to complete and gold star all levels (approximately 100) I think?). If you don't have MLM, this will last you a while longer due to the built in level editor and Hatena-style level downloads (Hatena-style as in horribly convoluted sharing and long loading times), with 140 spaces for your own levels and downloaded levels.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Crazybrain1

No, I don't have Mini Land Mayhem.
And I personally think that the Flipnote Hatena downloads aren't that long.

Anyways, I might get X-scape and some other 200 point game next time I get points.
(I usually get 1000 at a time)

Thanks!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic