Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 1,772

Adhrast

Quick question: I'm really into classic RPGs (turn-based battle system) and rogue-likes. Is there anything like that worth buying?
Also, general reccomendations plox, no price limit

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

SirSmugleaf

Adhrast wrote:

Quick question: I'm really into classic RPGs (turn-based battle system) and rogue-likes. Is there anything like that worth buying?Also, general reccomendations plox, no price limit

Sorry, I don't have any classic RPGs on dsiware, but I do know that Zenonia is apparently a great RPG, and according to the NL review, it is highly recommended! Here's the link for you:
https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2010/10/zenonia_dsiware

BTW - I'm wondering about some games that I have listed up above, could you please comment on any of them if you have any of them? Anything would be much appreciated!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

Adhrast

Yeah, I know about Zenonia, but it seems rather repetivive, and most of all it's an ARPG :S
Anyway no, I don't own any of the games you listed... I hear Starship Patrol is pretty good, though

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

iphys

BayCraig100 wrote:

Could anyone say wether any of these are worth getting?-Art Style: Pictopicts-Aura-Aura Climber-Airport Mania-Ace Mathician-Zuma's Revenge-Link 'n' Launch-Starship Patrol-Art Style: Intersect-Art Style: BoxlifeI know it's a long list, but these are all the games I am at least mildly interested in...Thanks in advance!

I have Pictobits, Aura-Aura, Airport Mania, Starship Defense, Digidrive, and Boxlife, and those are all great games. I think Zuma's Revenge is also great, but I haven't played it myself, having played Magnetica in the past already. Ace Mathician got reviewed well, but the eShop reviews don't seem as great, and I've heard it's short. I've heard people regret getting Link n Launch, so I never bought it myself.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

SirSmugleaf

iphys wrote:

BayCraig100 wrote:

Could anyone say wether any of these are worth getting?-Art Style: Pictopicts-Aura-Aura Climber-Airport Mania-Ace Mathician-Zuma's Revenge-Link 'n' Launch-Starship Patrol-Art Style: Intersect-Art Style: BoxlifeI know it's a long list, but these are all the games I am at least mildly interested in...Thanks in advance!

I have Pictobits, Aura-Aura, Airport Mania, Starship Defense, Digidrive, and Boxlife, and those are all great games. I think Zuma's Revenge is also great, but I haven't played it myself, having played Magnetica in the past already. Ace Mathician got reviewed well, but the eShop reviews don't seem as great, and I've heard it's short. I've heard people regret getting Link n Launch, so I never bought it myself.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

GamecubeMan

PoshSnivy wrote:

Could anyone say wether any of these are worth getting?
-Art Style: Pictopicts
-Aura-Aura Climber
-Airport Mania
-Ace Mathician
-Zuma's Revenge
-Link 'n' Launch
-Starship Patrol
-Art Style: Intersect
-Art Style: Boxlife
I know it's a long list, but these are all the games I am at least mildly interested in...Thanks in advance!

Get Pictobits and Aura, Climber havent plaid the othere so dont know about the others

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Crazybrain1

PoshSnivy wrote:

Could anyone say wether any of these are worth getting?
-Art Style: Pictopicts
-Aura-Aura Climber
-Airport Mania
-Ace Mathician
-Zuma's Revenge
-Link 'n' Launch
-Starship Patrol
-Art Style: Intersect
-Art Style: Boxlife
I know it's a long list, but these are all the games I am at least mildly interested in...Thanks in advance!

Get Art Style: Intersect, its a really fun game, especially if you want a challenge.
Aura-Aura Climber is a good game, and is a great value for 200 points.

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

Crazybrain1

Is X-Scape (aka 3D Space Tank) a good game?

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

liavcol

Crazybrain1 wrote:

Is X-Scape (aka 3D Space Tank) a good game?

I'm playing it right now and it's great - A MUST HAVE!!!

liavcol

Nintendo Network ID: LiavKatry

liavcol

Last time I asked for a good DSi game, someone told me about X-SCAPE and it was great! Exactly what I wanted.
So I'm asking again: Someone can give me a good game that has a story? and when I'm saying a story I don't mean to a cutscene before the title screen. I want something that the story begins after the title screen. PLZ it's really important to me.

liavcol

Cengoku

liavcol wrote:

Last time I asked for a good DSi game, someone told me about X-SCAPE and it was great! Exactly what I wanted.
So I'm asking again: Someone can give me a good game that has a story? and when I'm saying a story I don't mean to a cutscene before the title screen. I want something that the story begins after the title screen. PLZ it's really important to me.

I think that there's only Zenonia with a long story..

I'm playing Go Go Kokopolo these days and I love it. I downloaded it 6 months ago and didn't like it but gave it a try again It's a hard game.

Cengoku

swordx

I definitely reccomend Petit Computer to everyone here! The application is the best thing on the DsiWare service.

swordx

liavcol

Cengoku wrote:

liavcol wrote:

I think that there's only Zenonia with a long story..

I'm playing Go Go Kokopolo these days and I love it. I downloaded it 6 months ago and didn't like it but gave it a try again It's a hard game.

I'll try Zenonia, thanks. But I just looking for story mode. How Go Go Kokopolo? It has a story mode?

liavcol

Birdman

liavcol - Go! Go! Kokopolo's main game is its Story Mode, but its story isn't a major selling point. It's like the story in any Mario game: it's the background for why the characters are doing what they're doing, nothing more. So, if you're looking for story-driven gameplay, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a hard (yet still fair) game without much of a story, Kokopolo is a solid choice.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

liavcol

Thank you very much. I don't care if the story is like a mario story... It just don't feel right to me to play a game without a purpose (the story) and what I do care is if the story is a cutscene before the title screen, becaues it's feel to me like it's not a part of the game.

liavcol

Crazybrain1

Are these games any good?
-Go series Picdun
-Art academy first semester
-bomberman blitz

Crazybrain1

Also:
-Maestro: Green Groove
-Dark Void Zero

Are these any good?

rayword45

Bomberman Blitz - It's freakin Bomberman. If you like it, then you do. Online multiplayer is key here.
Dark Void Zero - It's fun with a retro vibe, but quite short (though the three difficulty levels help) and pretty difficult. Still kicks the shit outta Dark Void for X360

Get X-Scape if you want a good DSiWare game with enough content for your money.

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Eel

@Crazybrain1: Maestro: Green Groove is pretty cool, but it is not worth the money IMO.
For 5 dollars, you only get 4 short songs to play (You must beat each song 3 times to beat the game and that's it).

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

liavcol

As much as I know Dark Void Zero is fun but u can't save the game(?) so it sucks.

liavcol

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic