Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 1,774

weirdo

hi people, i have just €5,- left in my e-shop wallet, and i'm looking for a great tower defense game, do you have some suggestions for me? i've already been considering fieldrunners, but i don't think i'm gonne like it, because there ain't no roads to follow.

weirdo

6ch6ris6

i dont think it is very basic.

it has many levels and it gets pretty challenging.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

ImDiggerDan

weirdo wrote:

but it looks very basic, isn't that a bad thing?

Never judge a book by it's cover, they say. Wario Ware looked very basic as does Rhythm Heaven but they are among the best games I have ever played.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

weirdo

Hmm, i've seen a gameplay video, it doesn't look very great, does anyone else have another recommendation?

Edited on by weirdo

weirdo

shingi_70

Ivy the Kiwi. Great Pick of and play mechanic with simple gameplay that get's frustrating if your trying to %100 everything. Other than that the music mixed with the artstyle makes it great for relaxing short bursts.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ejamer

weirdo wrote:

Hmm, i've seen a gameplay video, it doesn't look very great, does anyone else have another recommendation?

So if you've dismissed two of the best tower defense games based on appearance, what exactly are you looking for?

I still think those are your best options... but some others that you might consider (from best to worst) include:
1. Glory Days - Tactical Defense (200 pts)
2. Go Series: Defense Wars (200 pts)
3. Defense of the Middle Kingdom (500 pts)
4. Plants vs Zombies (800 pts)
5. Viking Invasion (800 pts)

Numbers 4 and 5 would rate higher, but I think they are more expensive than you want... personally I'd pick Glory Days and get Pop Island Paperfield with your leftover points. (Edit: But I'm a big fan of Pop Island - if you want Tower Defense games then maybe you should get numbers 1 and 2 from that list. Surely you would enjoy one of those games!)

Edited on by ejamer

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

weirdo

i dismissed field runners because of the gameplay, not appearance. And thx for ur list, I will check it out.
edit: actually fieldrunners isn't that bad, I just based my opinion on one post on this site LOL, but it's 500 points, and it would be nicer if I could buy 2 TD-games
Edit: glory days looks great and the review is also good

shingi_70 wrote:

Ivy the Kiwi. Great Pick of and play mechanic with simple gameplay that get's frustrating if your trying to %100 everything. Other than that the music mixed with the artstyle makes it great for relaxing short bursts.

was it an answer to me?

Edited on by weirdo

weirdo

Matillion

Photo Dojo or Aura Aura Climber (or any other good game for two bucks)? I know, I sound so cheap.
And I need different opinions, as tbd praises Aura Climber.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

shingi_70

weirdo wrote:

i dismissed field runners because of the gameplay, not appearance. And thx for ur list, I will check it out.
edit: actually fieldrunners isn't that bad, I just based my opinion on one post on this site LOL, but it's 500 points, and it would be nicer if I could buy 2 TD-games
Edit: glory days looks great and the review is also good

shingi_70 wrote:

was it an answer to me?

Yeah Great Game. It got 9 from Nlife so you know its good.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Birdman

@Mati - Aura-Aura, no question. While Photo Dojo may be good for a few laughs, Aura-Aura is definitely the better of the two imo and probably the best 200/$1.99 game on DSiWare/eShop.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Matillion

Does it have a better replay value?
'Cause that's one of the main things I'm looking for here.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

Birdman

@Mati - It has great replay value; the 10 main stages and Endless Mode have branching paths that are amazing for replay value. It is one of the few DSiWare titles that I find myself constantly coming back to and replaying, I have around 85 titles. Trust me; you will not regret getting this title.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

slidecage

man would grab cut the rope today but going to blow enough on the games im lookin at
try to limit 1000 pts per month

NOv 10
castle heroes 500pts

NOV 24
come on heroes 200 pts day one pick up
battle of the elements 500 pts day one pick up love games like this

... probally be day 1 pick up as well since im not going anywhere for thanksgiving be a nice gift to myself

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

Bassman_Q

Alright I have 500 points sitting on my account and would like to do something with it. I don't necessarily NEED to buy a new game (as I still have loads of games to finish), but I wouldn't mind a new DSiWare game, as most of them that I have have already been beaten or I have grown a bit stale. So I'm thinking I do one of the following:

A.) Buy Castle Conqueror (Always wanted to play a DS RTS, but I'm worried it'll be too easy and/or too short.)
B.) Buy Alphabounce (Heard it has a great amount of content, but worried it'll be too simple or repetitive.)
C.) Save the points and hope that Flipper 2 or Amoebattle is only 500 points.

Any opinions or thoughts on what I should do?

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Birdman

@Qwikman - There's a third Castle Conqueror coming next week, so if you're considering getting the original or Revolution, I'd wait until the next one is reviewed just in case it is somehow miles better than the other two.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

slidecage

Qwikman_N_Bass wrote:

Alright I have 500 points sitting on my account and would like to do something with it. I don't necessarily NEED to buy a new game (as I still have loads of games to finish), but I wouldn't mind a new DSiWare game, as most of them that I have have already been beaten or I have grown a bit stale. So I'm thinking I do one of the following:

A.) Buy Castle Conqueror (Always wanted to play a DS RTS, but I'm worried it'll be too easy and/or too short.)
B.) Buy Alphabounce (Heard it has a great amount of content, but worried it'll be too simple or repetitive.)
C.) Save the points and hope that Flipper 2 or Amoebattle is only 500 points.

Any opinions or thoughts on what I should do?

castle conqueor game first one last around 6 hours (not counting all the upgrades) second one took me about 8 hours but i did a lot of grinding... the thrid one coming out thursday in the states is a totally different game (turn based it seems) but it says its 20 hours long

i like the 2nd castle game more then the first one (maybe cause i played the 2nd one then played the first one)
probally by getting the 3rd one come thursday...

alphabounce is a VERY LONG game but it gets boring very quickly (at least for me)

I would say if you want RTS maybe Castle part 2.. if your looking at an RPG/RTS game I would wait till thursday for part 3

i would stay away from alphabounce unless you like that sort of game and really LIKE IT . its very long but nothing to keep interest

slidecage

KodaSmooss

Hey there,

I am looking for a good tower defense game to waste my time on my 3DS . Any advice about which one I should pick on the eShop (meaning DSiWare)?

I have already played Plants Vs. Zombies on PC. I would love to play that one again but maybe it's time for me to move on to another one .

Thanks for your help!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic