Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,774

Bankai

_mikero_ wrote:

I've got 2000 points to spend (already have the mario set of downloads). Which games do you think are must-haves?
I was thinking about getting MFC, and two art style games (any suggestions?).

To be entirely honest, the best place to start with DSiWare is the Art Style games, and I'd just spend the 2000 points on getting four of them - they're all entirely different from one another.

I'd suggest precipice, Boxlife, Aquite and Code, personally.

Sylverstone

I planned out my next 2000 points card purchase:

In the case of Shantae and Dark Void Zero's imminent releases, I organized this:

• Dark Void Zero - 500 points
  • Pop Island - 500 points
  • myNotebook: Blue/Electroplankton Hanenbow - 200 points

Which leaves me 800 points free, to make sure I don't miss out on the Shantae goodness.

If Shantae is 500 (which may be unlikely), I'll probably axe my 200 point choices for either an Art Style game, Pinball Pulse or Castle of Magic.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Bassman_Q

_mikero_ wrote:

I've got 2000 points to spend (already have the mario set of downloads). Which games do you think are must-haves?
I was thinking about getting MFC, and two art style games (any suggestions?).

If you like shooting games, get Thorium Wars (1000) or Army Defender (200) or both.

If you like puzzle games, get MvDK (800) or Glow Artisan (500) or an Art Style game.

If you like pick-up-n-play games, get Army Defender, Pyoro (200), or Paper Airplane (200).

If you like strategy games that you can play online, get DQWars (500).

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Bobpie

I - may - get a points card soon, and I want to buy a good DSiWare title, I want your honest opinions, people!
By the way, I live in NZ (PAL) which comes under Europe.

I own:

• All Art Styles (except AQUITE and NEMREM, neither of which I am interested in.)
  • ALBO... Dr. Mario
  • Bomberman Blitz
  • M vs. DK: Minis March Again!
  • Pop+ Solo
  • Reflect Missile
  • Starship Patrol

I don't hate puzzle games, but I am getting a little sick of them.

Thanks guys!

Edited on by Bobpie

The Pie O' Bob be watching you...

Bobpie

Sylverstone wrote:

• Dark Void Zero - 500 points
  • Pop Island - 500 points
  • myNotebook: Blue/Electroplankton Hanenbow - 200 points

Unless you really need it for whatever purpose, don't bother with myNotebook, I don't use it much at all.

The Pie O' Bob be watching you...

Percentful

Another good way to spend 2000 is by getting all 10 electroplanktons. As I said before, you would then be my best friend [it takes 10, because Zez is my best friend and he only bought 9. Besides, buying 10 would make you tied with me.]

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Percentful

@lockd well, it depends what you already have. I suggest telling us first, it will help. That applies to everyone else, too.

Just let it happen.

mushroomer

I love Pinball Pulse The Ancient Beckons.. 500 Points and quite possibly one of the most realistic physics pinball that Nintendo has offered. The Greek Mythology theme is great too. If you do get this game, keep in mind that its not mindless shooting around the table but there is quite a few goals in mind. The biggest goal being Unlocking Pandora's Box!. If you do get this game, try to accomplish that and I promise you have gotten your moneys worth!

mushroomer

Eel

lockd wrote:

110percentful wrote:

@lockd well, it depends what you already have. I suggest telling us first, it will help. That applies to everyone else, too.

I have many games.

i dont think thats very specific.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Percentful

@lockd why don't you tell us every game you own for DSiware. That might help.

Just let it happen.

ToastyYogurt

I'm wondering what to buy.
I am in the U.S. and have 1900 points.
I have:
Warioware: Snapped (Unfortunately)
Paper Airplane Chase
MyNotebook: Green
Army Defender

I am considering:
Art Style: Precipice (As I Mentioned Before)
Asphault 4: Elite Racing
Move Your Brain: Rollway Puzzle (When it's released here)

Are these good? Are there any other suggestions?

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Birdman

Get Trajectile for sure. precipice is pretty awesome as well. Then grab either Mario vs. DK or the following: Either Bejewled Twist or Pop Island, Robot Rescue and an Electroplankton. 110percentful has a page somewhere in here detailing each Electroplankton. Or wait until tomorrow to decide between those mentioned above, Dark Void Zero, Starship Defense and whatever surprises await us tomorrow.

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

rayword45

Destroyer360 wrote:

I'm wondering what to buy.
I am in the U.S. and have 1900 points.
I have:
Warioware: Snapped (Unfortunately)
Paper Airplane Chase
MyNotebook: Green
Army Defender

I am considering:
Art Style: Precipice (As I Mentioned Before)
Asphault 4: Elite Racing
Move Your Brain: Rollway Puzzle (When it's released here)

Are these good? Are there any other suggestions?

Get an Art Style game, Pictobits is best in my opinion but precipice is good also. Also get Mighty Flip Champs If you can stand a challenge. As for the next 600, you could get Pyoro, Electroplankton Luminarrow, and Pro-Putt Domo, or you could get Pop+ solo and wait for your next card to spend those 100.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Percentful

@lockd
whoa. I was not expecting that.
How on earth do you store that all on your DSi? You must have to do a lot of juggling to play.
Anyways, I can't suggest anything, because you own all the really good ones. Maybe get some more electroplankton .
Oh, and Birdman, it's 110percentful, not 100percentful.

Just let it happen.

Birdman

lockd wrote:

For some reason, my SD card always has 9,999 blocks no matter how many games I put in .

Same here. I'm using a 2GB SD card. I don't see Bejeweled Twist anywhere on your list. I'd reccomend getting that.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

rosemo

The reason that you see 9,999 blocks is because you are using a 2GB (2,048MB) SD card. 9,999 is all the DS will display which equates to approx. 1,230MB. Don't worry, when you get down below that the blocks will start ticking away : )

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

Birdman

rosebud wrote:

The reason that you see 9,999 blocks is because you are using a 2GB (2,048MB) SD card. 9,999 is all the DS will display which equates to approx. 1,230MB. Don't worry, when you get down below that the blocks will start ticking away : )

I knew that it wasn't a glitch or something, I just wanted to point that out.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

OsoOto

I'm getting 1000 points soon - I really want Starship Defense... anyone have any GREAT suggestions to get the most bang out of my 10 bucks? No puzzles, or Electroplankton.

peekachu wuz liek 'dun tase meh bro!' n' i was liek 'im gunna tase u bro!' n den he wuz liek 'i herd u liek mudkipz bro' n den i tased em

Vander

@OsoOto: No puzzles? Pop Island is a great break from all the puzzle games on DSiWare, but I'm not sure what you could do with the other 500 unless you want to get a 200 point game in which Paper Airplane Chase is a fun little game and I've heard good things about Army defender, but Pop Island is great get that

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

jdarrell

lockd wrote:

-New: Dark Void Zero
-New: Bejewled Twist
O.O i didn't realize i had so many games

How are you liking your newest additions so far?

jdarrell

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic