Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,772

iphys

I found the aiming in Spotto annoying because a lot of times the trajectory would get cut off at the top screen, or in Pro mode it would be hard to gauge the angles because of the break between the two screens. Glory Days might be a better purchase, but I haven't played it.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Bassman_Q

@Od- Having played all of the ones you are interested in, I would recommend buying all of them. However, since you can only buy 3, I'd go with:

• Aura-Aura
  • Glory Days
  • Spotto

Don't get me wrong; I really liked 10 second run, but for me, it was the weakest of the bunch. Spotto has a unique charm to it and has you coming back again and again, and so does Aura-Aura. Glory days is pretty solid, but I've only played it a few times.

I would also highly recommend Escapee GO. I still play it every now and then. Perfect for pick-up-n-play gaming imo.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Odnetnin

Thanks Qwikman. I already bought Airport Mania on impulse since I thought I was selling my system, but now I'm thankfully not, so I can take it a bit slower with the downloads. 10 Second Run still sounds very appealing to me, I must say. Think I might just get it, I'll see what I think.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

slidecage

i really slowed it down on buying

only got
hooked and airport mania in jan for 700 pts in jan
only got that 101 puzzle game for 500 pts in feb
in march so far picked up nothing

anyone know if you can use DSI points on the 3ds system.. still have 3 2000 pt cards unused (not put into system yet)

thinking about glory days the reviews make it sound good but just dont know

is any of the poker games worth the points if you alrady have world series poker 2008 on cart

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

KnucklesSonic8

To answer your question on DSi Points: That's a no. 3DS will have new points cards altogether.

KnucklesSonic8

ImDiggerDan

@slidecage - Are the cards specifically DSi points? I thought that Nintendo changed the point cards so that they were Nintendo Points and could be added to either the Wii or the DSi (but stupidly, not added to a single account where the points are shared across whatever devices are linked to that account).

If that is the case, may as well hold on to them because they may be usable to add 3DS points. If you can't use them on the 3DS, you can then add them to your DSi account, buy whatever DSiWare you want %cough%Digger Dan%cough% and then transfer the DSiWare over to the 3DS when that feature gets added.

Edited on by ImDiggerDan

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

theblackdragon

ImDiggerDan wrote:

If that is the case, may as well hold on to them because they may be usable to add 3DS points.

pretty sure Nintendo has already stated that existing points cards won't be usable on the 3DS — they'll be releasing entirely different cards for the new shop.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

slidecage

thanks all.. with the lack of new Ds games coming from april to july i will probally end up blowing them there...
personally i think nintendo is just asking for problems putting out differnet cards.. people not knowing will buy the wrong cardss and then #$#$# about it

slidecage

slidecage

doubtful but for long (or major replayable games)
if i have 2000 pts extra

Mostly looking for 200 pt games maybe 500 pts but would rather stay to 200pts.. i doubt i will find much at 200...

of the newer stuff that came out can anyone recommend any of those as well..

thinking
Glory days
5 in 1 majhong or whatever its called

Shapo if i knew how many levels it had (nintendo says 150 but not how many in each stage) got burned by six spin though that is what keeps me from buying it without more people insite

i know Legends of Exidia is 800 but might look at that

is any of the poker or card based games worth the prices

i really need to stop buying... I found a great deal on cards (got 1 for 10) got 4 at 15 and got a few at 16 bucks)
thought i would stack up BUT IF the rumor i hear is correct... the DSIWERE market is doing to dry up very quickly come June with 70-80% of all new releases going to the 3DS download market..

meaning im going to be stuck with almost 12,000 pts if i cant find anything LOL

thanks for the input

slidecage

KnucklesSonic8

Hmm, never heard that. I don't think it'll dry up THAT fast, personally.

KnucklesSonic8

jdarrell

Just wanted to mention that I've been playing The Seller everyday since I downloaded it a couple weeks ago and am liking it more. 4-player games are better than 8 because with 8 the AI is weaker against the basic get as many cards and sell as many resources as possible strategy, to the point where it's not even worth sending smaller attacks or considering bankrupting them.

Overall it's not very innovative, but if you like to play any card game it's mostly well done for a single player game.

jdarrell

Abbafan1972

I have 1200 points on my DSi account and also 1950 unredeemed stars on my Club nintendo account. Should I redeem them for DSi or Wii points?

Not sure what to get with my 1200 DSi points. I already have 2 of the game and watch titles (Marios cement factory & Donkey Kong Jr).

Abbafan1972

Bassman_Q

@Abbafan1972- I'd recommend buying X-Scape, Aura-Aura Climber, and Glory Days Tactical Defense with that money. There are tons of others I'd recommend, but you can only get so much with 1200 points.

Bassman_Q

slidecage

seems the slowdown in the states has started only 2 games this week
only 2 games it seems on the 28
only 2 games on the april 4

28th
simply solitare (junk game it seems in the review)
Face monsters

april 4
absoulte baseball
a fairy tale

i would of downloaded both april 4th games in a second if they were 200 pts each.. but at 500 pts each they will games to wait for the review

the baseball one looks VERY interesting

Game OverviewBecome the manager of a baseball team and lead it to the championship! You, as club manager, make all of the decisions for your team, such as selecting the starting lineup; switching pitchers, batters, and runners; giving your players pitching, fielding, and batting orders; and so on. Earn points as you play games throughout the season, and use them to increase your players’ abilities to build them into the team that will respond to your strategy and make it to the top. In addition to regular league games, there are inter-league games, playoffs, and the championship series.
Features

• Make all of the decisions the manager of your baseball team
  • Give your players pitching, fielding, and batting orders
  • Use points earned during the season to increase players' abilities
  • Play league and inter-league games, playoffs and even the championship series

bad thing if i grab both it will take the entire points for the month on the first week (try to limit myself to no more then 1000 per month)

MORE INFO ON THE BASEBALL GAME

Become the manager of a baseball team and lead it to the championship! This
is a baseball simulation and role-playing game. You, as club manager, make
all of the decisions for your team, such as selecting the starting lineup;
switching pitchers, batters, and runners; giving your players pitching,
fielding, and batting orders; and so on. Earn points as you play games
throughout the season, and use them to increase your players窶・abilities to
build them into the team that will respond to your strategy and make it to
the top. In addition to regular league games, there are inter-league games,
playoffs, and the championship series.

this game comes from the same company that did

Absolute Reversi
Absolute Chess
Absolute BrickBuster

i liked the other games they had out so hopefully they pull this one off

WERID ON NINTENDO SITE It shows 500 pts on the company site it shows 200.........HOPEFULLY 200 pts

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

KnucklesSonic8

I'll probably give the Baseball one a try.

KnucklesSonic8

Bassman_Q

Just bought G.G. Series D-Tank and I can safely say that is well worth the 2 dollars if you're a fan of the genre. I'm enjoying it a LOT more than I did Ninja Karakuri Den.

Bassman_Q

slidecage

Qwikman & Bass wrote:

Just bought G.G. Series D-Tank and I can safely say that is well worth the 2 dollars if you're a fan of the genre. I'm enjoying it a LOT more than I did Ninja Karakuri Den.

go to know about april 10 im planning on going up and spending 2000 pts at once and need more good games to look at

slidecage

rayword45

Alright guys, I got 2 months to spend 3400 points. Any recommendations? Please don't mention any sequels or prequels to games I have, PvZ or Art Style.

Mighty Flip Champs!
Paper Airplane Chase
Pop+ Solo
Aura-Aura Climber
Flametail
Surviving High School (AF joke)
AiRace: Tunnel
Cave Story
Glow Artisan
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
AlphaBounce
GO Series: 10-Second Race