Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,774

slidecage

@knucklessonic8

about how long of a game is zoo frenzy .. will it hold their attention for a good while.
its got to be better then sea park tycoon (picked that up on cart for 7.49) and its awful

thanks for any and all help

seems we are going to get a lite snow/ bad ice storm starting today at noon and going though tomorrow night so i probally will just end up waiting till next monday to download 3 to 5 games

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

KnucklesSonic8

Hmmm... I'd say anywhere from 5 to 10 hours.

KnucklesSonic8

SlyGuy29

I have 2200 points and I don't know which games are better.
Car Jack Streets
Castle of Magic
Chronos Twins
Dark Void Zero
Dracula: Undead Awakening
Globulos Party
Libera Wing
Trajectile
Starship Defense
SteamWorld: Tower Defense
Number Battle
Viking Invasion

"HEY DUDES, THANKS FOR RESCUING ME. LET'S GO FOR A BURGER.... HA! HA! HA! HA!" President Ronnie.

jdarrell

@Wumbo What DSiWare do you have (and which ones did you like?) The games in your list I would only recommend if it's one you're really interested in

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

slidecage

WumboXpert wrote:

I have 2200 points and I don't know which games are better.
Car Jack Streets
Castle of Magic
Chronos Twins
Dark Void Zero
Dracula: Undead Awakening
Globulos Party
Libera Wing
Trajectile
Starship Defense
SteamWorld: Tower Defense
Number Battle
Viking Invasion

number battle is a very fun game (but very short-- i was able to get gold medals on all levels in 7 hours) there are more non story/ quest levels where you have like 2 moves to make xx points that i havent played so im going to guess its around a 10 hour game total... too bad someone wouldnt put out this type game on a cart and make a major game out of it.. I would pay 30 for it if it had like 300 maps

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

KnucklesSonic8

Libera Wing is good and unique for what it is, but not great.
Starship Defense & SteamWorld are great TD games. I also highly recommend Trajectile.

KnucklesSonic8

SlyGuy29

jdarrell wrote:

@Wumbo What DSiWare do you have (and which ones did you like?) The games in your list I would only recommend if it's one you're really interested in

It's a LONG list of everything. All of them seem interesting to me.

"HEY DUDES, THANKS FOR RESCUING ME. LET'S GO FOR A BURGER.... HA! HA! HA! HA!" President Ronnie.

jdarrell

I'd suggest these ones:
Dark Void Zero 500
Trajectile 500
Starship Defense 500
Globulos Party 500
200 leftover

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

KnucklesSonic8

Might I also recommend you look into getting X-Scape/Pop Island if you haven't already done so?

KnucklesSonic8

slidecage

if i plan on picking up

Glory Days - Tactical Defense (odenis studio, 200pts) this week would you still recommend getting Starship Defense since they are like the same type of game

slidecage

KnucklesSonic8

Same genre, yes, but different experiences altogether.

KnucklesSonic8

Birdman

@Wumbo - I'd reccomend getting at least Trajectile and Dark Void Zero from that list. I'd stay away from Dracula: Undead Awakening and Viking Invasion, as neither are that good.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

slidecage

anyone get the new game

THE SELLER

tempted to get it but love to see what others think first

slidecage

jdarrell

As someone who has liked every non-traditional card game on DSiWare, I'm expecting The Seller to also be fun but shall wait for review

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

KnucklesSonic8

Tempted to get it as well. More or less in the same boat as jd.

KnucklesSonic8

slidecage

was planned on getting it tomorrow until i got hooked on HOOKED maybe weds or thursday or once i get done with hooked

slidecage

lemonhead

alright 200 points....GO! start naming lol

lemonhead

bboy2970

@lemonhead: I would say the very best 200 pointers available are:
Pop Island: Paperfield- Not as good as the 500 point Pop Island obviously but still a very solid capture the flag-ish type of game with download play and great multi-player

Glory Days: Tactical Defense- Great if you're into tower defense. I haven't put in a lot of time yet but it seems like great fun and a great challenge for just 2 bucks. Not to mention, those graphics are silky smooth!

Go Series: 10 Second Run- 50 intense levels of platforming goodness as well as a time attack mode which times your overall time tackling all 50 stages at once. Each level may be 10 seconds but you'll be stuck on alot of levels for a lot longer than 10 seconds. Quite addictive.

Touch Solitaire- Just what it sounds like, a very very solid game of solitaire. Its got Klondike solitaire and Spider solitaire. It all runs very very smooth and is the perfect pick up and play DSiWare game.

Frenzic- Not the greatest puzzle game on the service but quite polished and addictive. Great game for coming back and trying to improve on your own score.

So there you go, the 5 best 200 point games on the service IMO. Hope I helped

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic