Forums

Topic: DSi XL

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Aff

HAI GUISE

The DSi XL: It's bigger, it has worse battery life, and it has the exact same specifications as the DSi. Guess what else it has? A pricetag much larger than the DSi. Who wants to buy it? Snobby rich kids who have money to waste, but what about the other people? Who wants to waste more money on a new DSi with a terrible battery life and no major difference between itself and the original. I mean, yes, of course people would want to switch from the NDS to the NDSi, there were MAJOR changes (although I have to admit a few were unnecessary). The camera, the internet, these were all major changes making it that much more appealing to people. But who gives a damn if the screen is larger when the battery life suffers? The specifications are the same, the least Nintendo could've done was increased the RAM or processor speed. But, no, they want more money for minor changes. So tell me, who really wants to buy this?

I'm going to give you a quick rating (in comparison to the original DSi) on the new DSi XL: 0/10. They've managed to take something (almost) great and make it worse.

The following sentence is true.
The sentence stated above is false.

cheetahman91

Hiii Aff...
I can spot a Bowser's Kingdom quote from a mile away.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Aff

cheetahman91 wrote:

Hiii Alf...

First .. What's an Alf?

Second .. Bowser's kingdom quote? im sry wat

Edited on by Aff

Blue_Cat

Actually the DSi LL has better battery life then the DSi. Don't make things up.

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

Ark

People say the DSi XL is something you'd want to keep around the house and use. But at that price, why no go all out and buy a Wii for the same amount of dollars...?

cheetahman91

Aff wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

Hiii Alf...

First .. What's an Alf?

1. I meant to put Aff, but my finger slipped.
2. Bowser's Kingdom is an internet flash series.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Aff

Blue_Cat wrote:

Actually the DSi LL has better battery life then the DSi. Don't make things up.

I'm pretty sure I've read that it's got a worse battery life.

Also, besides, the battery life isn't just all. The price is going way up, what's the difference between buying a DSi and a DSi XL? There's no major differences, and knowing Nintendo, the battery life wouldn't have gone up dramatically.

EDIT: Just read it, alright then, battery life changed. But why spend that much more money for BATTERY LIFE when you could just as easily spend $20 accessory that can give you more battery life?

Edited on by Aff

kevohki

Actually, the DSi XL has a longer battery life than the DSi. 13-17 hours on the lowest settings while the DSi's battery life on the lowest settings is 9-14 hours. On the highest settings: DSi XL - 4-5 hours (one hour longer than the DSi). The battery charge time is half an hour longer on the DSi XL though, which is the only (small) negative when pertaining to the battery. As to who will buy it: I might since I have never owned any DS model and was planning on picking up one next year sometime anyways.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Aff

kevohki wrote:

Actually, the DSi XL has a longer battery life than the DSi. 13-17 hours on the lowest settings while the DSi's battery life on the lowest settings is 9-14 hours. On the highest settings: DSi XL - 4-5 hours (one hour longer than the DSi). The battery charge time is half an hour longer on the DSi XL though, which is the only (small) negative when pertaining to the battery. As to who will buy it: I might since I have never owned any DS model and was planning on picking up one next year sometime anyways.

Protip of the day: Get a normal DSi, when the DSi XL comes out, the price of the regular DSi is inevitably going to drop, and the DSi XL price is going to skyrocket. You could easily spend less money on a DSi with a separate accessory which gives it twice the battery charge and end up saving money. I mean, who really gives a damn if the screen size is slightly larger? I'm sure no one made a massive deal about that when the DSi came out after the NDS.

Ravage

I remember one of the big things about the GBA was that the screen was larger (among other things), but I wouldn't mind larger screens (I wouldn't mind a DS either though) and I don't see a whole lot to complain about. It's been pointed out you can't complain about the battery. But how can you complain about the price tag being higher when it's got bigger screens? That seems natural to me. Also, my eyes are really bad and it would be nice to be able to play for longer periods of time without my eyes going funny because everything is too small. Just because it's not right for you doesn't mean other people won't find it beneficial.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Ravage

Aff wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

Hiii Alf...

First .. What's an Alf?

This is an Alf BTW:
[youtube:UDW7-zgZ9Tc]

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Aff

Ravage wrote:

I remember one of the big things about the GBA was that the screen was larger (among other things), but I wouldn't mind larger screens (I wouldn't mind a DS either though) and I don't see a whole lot to complain about. It's been pointed out you can't complain about the battery. But how can you complain about the price tag being higher when it's got bigger screens? That seems natural to me. Also, my eyes are really bad and it would be nice to be able to play for longer periods of time without my eyes going funny because everything is too small.

So you're saying you'd be willing to spend maybe even a hundred dollars more .. for a screen? I believe that you'd be able to see perfectly fine on a classic DSi. My point was that the price is going to skyrocket compared to the original DSi, even though the only thing you're getting is a slightly larger screen. I mean, there's no major update (Camera pixels the same, system specifications are all the same, nothing truly useful). However, it's completely your decision to decide on which you want to buy, and I can't change your mind. The only thing I can do here is exploit Nintendo for their little scam.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.