Forums

Topic: dsi sound & using headphones...

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Grumble

I got my new dsi roughly about 3 weeks ago and am so far loving every single thing about it. My only issue has been with a pair of headphones that came with a "dsi starter kit" i purchased from Target. When I plug in the headphones the sound is really really LOW and no matter how much I try I can't turn it up any further than the miniscule volume setting its pre-set at. Is there any way to change this and is this normal? I was hoping it would sound as crystal clear as my old game boy advance (that i no longer have but sounded so loud using headphones)... If anyone can help me with this I would truly appreciate it!

=Brian in Ft Worth=

Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 Fan of: Zelda, Mario, Pac-Man, Metroid, Capt Toad, the list goes on. Love all systems: GBA, GBA SE, NES, Gameboy, 3DS, N64, Super Nintendo, etc, Atari, etc.

theblackdragon

have you tried any other headphones with your DSi? those 'starter kits' looked pretty cheap, it could just be a crap pair.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Victoria

The ones that came with my so-called 'starter kit' went straight in the bin. They were cheap and worthless. You'd be better off with a good quality set you can buy for other listening devices.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

Teodoro

I think I got the same starter kit.I hope thats the case too. It is really quiet.

ARMY STRONG!

Pegasus

Any pack-in headphones for any product are likely to be shoddy - iPod ear buds are pure crap. When I play with headphones I usually use my Sony MDR ones - I pretty much use them for everything.

I think it's a bit odd though that the DSi speakers have a higher volume setting than when you have headphones plugged in. Then again, the speakers are good enough for me to play without headphones, most of the time.

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

theblackdragon

@Pegasus: actually, there's quite a few products out now that limit how loud they go while headphones are plugged in -- I've had two MP3 players and a MiniDisc player that all shared that function. It's all about protecting your ears. I do like that the DSi has pretty good sound if I just want to listen to some tunes without headphones, though.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Ramandus

I have the same complaint - I got a DSi kit with free headphones and I can barely hear the DSi in a quiet room. I can't imagine using these headphones (technically earbuds) in a bus or an airplane. I have tried looking for a volume switch on them but it looks like that's how they were built.

My regular headphones are fine.

Edited on by Ramandus

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

Grumble

Nope, the "authorized by nintendo" Power A DSi pack headphones suck.. period. Even ipod earphones sound 100% better, I'm currently using better ones than that and I love it. Nintendo should release their own headphones, don't know why they haven't, but I've already proven they don't actually "test" these things they slap authorization stickers on. Kind of blows.

Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 Fan of: Zelda, Mario, Pac-Man, Metroid, Capt Toad, the list goes on. Love all systems: GBA, GBA SE, NES, Gameboy, 3DS, N64, Super Nintendo, etc, Atari, etc.

Joeynator3000

I have the regular DS headphones for it, and it works perfectly on the DSi. But, yeah I never trust those starter stuff unless I know its from Nintendo... (or heard about them before, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ramandus

zss_shadow wrote:

Was this the starter kit or something else? http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/04/power-a-...
The earbuds I got from it SEEMED to be rather bad, until I realized that they are supposed to go deeper inside your ears than regular earbuds. Once you push them in deeper, you can actually hear sounds fine. I'm not sure that it's to great for your eardrums though.

That's the one I got. I don't think I'll even use them because I can't really hear anything. I suppose if you're in a library they are nice, but forget about using them on the bus or any other public place that has noise.

Edited on by Ramandus

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.