Forums

Topic: DSi FAQ

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

wanderlustwarrior

Having recently upgraded to a DSi, i thought I might make this thread so that we can discuss the platform and any issues we might have with it as a community. (do we have this already?)

So, as the starting question, If I put in an SD card with pictures I've taken on other cameras, is there a way to view it on the DSi?

I use the same username on TVTropes and youtube. look me up!

My virginity is one thing, but I can't let the pedophiles have my Wii FriendCode®

theblackdragon

I tried editing the EXIF data on some images to match pictures I'd taken on the DSi, and it didn't work. It's almost like there's some internal table on the DSi that tells it exactly which pictures were taken on it, even when the pictures from other cameras had been edited down to DSi size/quality/dpi before the EXIF data was altered and were renamed to take the place of images taken by the DSi that had been removed from the SD card via computer.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

I hope they make an update to allow this though...it would be awesome...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Toon_Link

I was wondering, can the Wii Photo Channel support pictures taken on the DSi?

Toon_Link

theblackdragon

@Dark Link: yes, it can. in fact, it also opened the photos with the edited EXIF data i'd saved to that card with no problem, lol. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Prochnow

Is there an easy way to turn Wi-Fi on the DSi on and off? Like "Press L+R+Y"??

Prochnow

wanderlustwarrior

I wish. As far as I know, no. So its always on and draining life, or always off and you need to go back to the menu if you want to go online in a game.

I use the same username on TVTropes and youtube. look me up!

My virginity is one thing, but I can't let the pedophiles have my Wii FriendCode®

SMEXIZELDAMAN

My Dsi has never been in red power andi barely ever charge it lol

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Rally

Yep. And that is the one thing that I hate about the DSi.

I miss having a chatroom that was always in beta.

Nintendo Network ID: --- | Twitter:

Prochnow

[quote=wanderlustwarrior]

Roopa132 wrote:

But it's not that big of a deal since you don't have to shut off the DS to get to the menu anymore. You need about 5 seconds to quit the game activate WiFi and start the game again...

Really? I think it takes ~30-60 seconds. That's something that I really hate...
I'd like a simple button "Wi-Fi on/off", but since that's not possible anymore, I'd prefer it if they (--> Nintendo) gave us a combination to put Wi-Fi on and off anytime...

Prochnow

Firkraag

how much of a strain on the battery's is it having wi-fi on anyways? is it like a 50% decrease or how much are we talking about here? mine has always been on and i have noticed my battery life isn't the best..

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

ktoons

Not really 5 seconds. It doesn't really take that long, but it's still annoying. You have to first save your game, then go to the menu etc...

I've read somewhere that it doesn't really make a difference for battery life whether you have wireless on or off. I haven't tested it myself though.

ktoons

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.