Forums

Topic: DS/GBA import games do you own?

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Slapshot

Everybody know the DS is region protection free and import lots of games for it. These are the games that I own.
1. Densetsu No Stafi 2 GBA
2 Densetsu No Stafi 3 GBA
3 Slide Adventure Magkid DS
4 Jump Superstars DS
5 Metroid Fusion GBA
6 Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 DS
7 bit Generations DIGIDRIVE GBA
8 Rhythm Tengoku
I think thats about all of them. What games have you guys imported that I should too, that are playable without being able to read Japanese. One I really want but is really expensive is Choushoujuu Mecha MG. Its going for about $60 right now. Hopefully it will hit a sale one day.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

irken004

i have imported.....none, i prefer American language, thank you

Slapshot

lol.... You will be suprised at how many great games that dont make it here to the US and the only way to play them is to import them

Don

Densetsu No Stafi 1, 2, 3 for GBA, Densetsu No Stafi 4 for DS, Mother 1 + 2 for GBA, and Mother 3 for GBA.

Don

warioswoods

slapshot82 wrote:

lol.... You will be suprised at how many great games that dont make it here to the US and the only way to play them is to import them

There are very few circumstances under which I would condone any form of piracy, but I have to admit that I played a good many import GBA titles using a flash cart, and don't regret it. If there is no real way for me to purchase the game properly for my region, I don't feel particularly bad about not paying for it all, and I'm happy to remedy the situation if and when something finally makes it here.

As for a specific title, the Kururin games were fantastic; I'd absolutely love to see some DSiWare sequels, or even just the original games in their entirety for download.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Kim_Jong-Il

Unfortunately I've never imported from Japan. I've got some from the US though: BlastWorks and WoG.

@ Warioswoods
Kuru Kuru Kururin was released in English down under.

Edited on by Kim_Jong-Il

Kim_Jong-Il

MoogleMuffins

I imported Contra 4 from the US, since it wasn't released in the UK.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

theblackdragon

I've got both Ouendan games, but i haven't made it all the way through either of them on all difficulties yet (i got kinda bored in the middle of the second level of Ouendan 1, and I only just started Ouendan 2 the other day when I needed a break from Tierkreis). I also bought a copy of Tadashii Kanji Kakitori-Kun via eBay to help me with my kana writing skills, and had been looking to import a copy of Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten, but i kinda went broke and had to curb my eBaying for a while. ^^;;

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Wiiloveit

There's a bunch of games I'd love to own as imports, but at the moment, the only one I've got is Elite Beat Agents, since we had to wait AGES for it here in the UK. I also imported Pokemon Diamond as well, but I have since traded that in.

Wiiloveit

ilomoga

irken004 wrote:

i have imported.....none, i prefer American language, thank you

You mean English, and English is coming from Europe, like Spanish or Portugese

I only own the US versions of Dragon Quest Monsters 2 for GBC and Viewtiful Joe (cause it was pretty cheap in an online shop)

ilomoga

Slapshot

I honestly didnt realize how much doesnt make it to Europe. That is crazy having to import from the US. Contra 4 was a must buy day one on release for me. Oh that game kicks your butt and laughs at you and then does it again and again and I love it. lol. Hey at least the Euro is worth more that the dollar so yall dont have to pay extremely high prices for your games to import them. I think I paid around 70 dollars for Rhythm Tengoku for GBA when it released in Japan.

Kim_Jong-Il

slapshot82 wrote:

I honestly didnt realize how much doesnt make it to Europe. That is crazy having to import from the US. Contra 4 was a must buy day one on release for me. Oh that game kicks your butt and laughs at you and then does it again and again and I love it. lol. Hey at least the Euro is worth more that the dollar so yall dont have to pay extremely high prices for your games to import them. I think I paid around 70 dollars for Rhythm Tengoku for GBA when it released in Japan.

Ironically people complain about the dollar being so low for that exact reason. I've never really understood it, except when they charge extra on Steam. It's gotta violate some law.

Kim_Jong-Il

ktoons

So far I've imported (all DS):
Ouendan 2
Ecolis (because it was only 6$ form play-asia)
Chibi Robo
Rhythm Tengoku Gold
Kanji sonomama rakubiki jiten
Viva Piñata Pocket Paradise

ktoons

Moai_Head

The only ones I own currently are Shining Force Feather, Space Invaders Extreme 2, Phantasy Star Zero and Ketsui Death Label. I'll occasionally import them if I don't think they'll get an international release or if the language barrier isn't an issue, but I replace them with English versions whenever I can.

Moai_Head

MoogleMuffins

slapshot82 wrote:

Tell me about it, I can only manage to do the normal difficulty after easy. It's so frustrating but so fun.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

KDR_11k

Let's see...
GBA:
Starfi 1 (J)
Screw Breaker (J)
Kururin Paradise (J)
Bit Generations Boundish (J)
Bit Generations Digidrive (J)

DS:
Geometry Wars Galaxies (U)
Contra 4 (U)
Chou Soujuu Mecha MG (J)
Megaman ZX (U)
Megaman ZX Advent (U)
Mawaru! Made in Wario (J)
Simple DS Series Vol. 31 The Custom Tank (J)
Bleach DS (J)
JUMP Superstars (J)

Also, for fun, the PC list:
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (J)
Rosenkreuzstilette (J)
Patch-con! Defend The Library! (J)
Bunny Must Die (J)

Raincoat whore!

Slapshot

Awesome, there are quite a few on here Ive not heard of, so now I gota get my hands on them lol. I now have like 5 games I currently own and have not even put into a system yet cause Im still trying to finish up what Im playing so it will be awhile, and a few games a coming out soon that I want to get my hands on pretty soon. Feels like gaming heaven lately.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.