Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 801 to 808 of 808

Blitzenexx

@Anti-Matter: Thanks for your input. From what I'm finding, overall it isn't a bad game. Many just seem to think that it's disappointing when compared to the first two games.

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Wii U VC), Majora's Mask 3D

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Cynas

@Tyranexx I think Dark Dawn is a bit underrated. It's certainly the worst of the 3 games, but the core gameplay is almost exactly the same. I think the lackluster story and over abundance of dialogue is the main issue with the game, but if you enjoy the gameplay of the first games you'll probably get some enjoyment out of Dark Dawn.

Many people seem to act as though it's an abomination that shouldn't exist, which I don't agree with.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

kkslider5552000

That's a way too common a problem on the internet. It's not as good as the previous games SO IT MUST BE TERRIBLE11!1!!1! I played it, I enjoyed it. It's not the first two games, but that's not too surprising in hindsight since I think Golden Sun 1 and 2 are two of the greatest turned based JRPGs ever made.

Same with most disliked Nintendo sequels tbh. Shut up Skyward Sword haters, play an actual bad (or even mediocre) game before you pretend to know what you're talking about.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Blitzenexx

@Cynas, @kkslider5552000: Your comments seem to more or less reinforce the mental direction I'm going towards in regards to Dark Dawn and what I'm finding elsewhere. It seems like a decent game, just maybe a little lackluster when compared to the other two. I'm willing to give it a chance at any rate.

Thanks for your input!

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Same with most disliked Nintendo sequels tbh. Shut up Skyward Sword haters, play an actual bad (or even mediocre) game before you pretend to know what you're talking about.

I 100% agree with this. Skyward Sword isn't my favorite Zelda game, but I would rank it above some of the other games in the series. It's by no means perfect, but there's quite a lot to love about it. I understand some of the complaints, but IMO many of them are overblown.

ReaderRagfish

Cynas wrote:

I think the lackluster story and over abundance of dialogue is the main issue with the game, but if you enjoy the gameplay of the first games you'll probably get some enjoyment out of Dark Dawn

This was also an issue with the GBA games (the only flaw they had in my opinion), so is it really that much worse of a game?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Blitzenexx

I do know that the first two games are occasionally called out for having a windy cast. I don't recall that ever really bothering me through my Golden Sun playthrough. For all I know, The Lost Age is even windier, but I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

ReaderRagfish

@Tyranexx I'm not exactly sure what you mean by windy, but the way the characters would jabber on for way too long annoys me, especially since not much of the dialog is interesting. Golden Sun might be my favorite RPG besides Dragon Quest, but that's the one part I didn't like about it.

If you haven't played The Lost Age, it's pretty similar to the original, only longer and more difficult. No reason not to play it if you liked the original.

Edited on by ReaderRagfish

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Blitzenexx

@ReaderRagfish: Windy = long-winded, talkative, chatty, as I'm sure you've surmised. As for The Lost Age, I already have it sitting on my Wii U's internal memory....I just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I'm hoping to start it after finishing Color Splash....I've been pushing 3DS games a little more lately, so that will probably be finished around the end of the month.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic