Super Mario 64 DS
Sonic Colors
Kirby Canvas Curse and Squeak Squad
Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the minis
DK Jungle Climber
Mario and Luigi Partners in time and Bowser's inside story
And finally
the professor layton trilogy

I highly recommend both M&L games. They're great games, though I'll admit that PiT had some annoying sections. Still, it was one of the few games I had to play from start to finish. It's just so good.

The Professor Layton games are charming, though you really have to like puzzles to get the most out of them. I know I couldn't get into them because I don't even like Zelda puzzles, let alone puzzles that require actual thought, but I appreciate them nonetheless.

I've played all of the other games you've mentioned, and I didn't like any of them. Phantom Hourglass was just downright terrible in every way except for the boss fights, which were the only redeeming quility of the game.
Super Mario 64 DS had terrible controls, to the point where it made the whole game an exercise in frustration - Don't even bother with Rainbow Road, the controls and shoddy camera make that level unbeatable. (yes, it offers touch controls, but those are completely useless)
Canvas Curse is also needlessly frustrating, and made me nearly shatter my DS - not even Contra 4 and the Mega Man DS games brought me to that level of rage.
Squeak Squad had terrible level design and a weak gimmick. I ultimately found it incredibly boring to play, even for Kirby. Just get Starfy instead.
Sonic Colors was just kinda meh - after Rush Adventures, I don't see a 2D Sonic game ever being as intense and satisfying.
I could never get into the March of the Minis games. They feel like Lemmings, but nowhere near as fun.
Jungle Climber was okay, but I didn't find it that memorable. Still, I suppose it's the second best Donkey Kong game after Jungle Beat.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

mimi85

723. Posted:

Radiant Historia is a nice Rpg. I really enjoyed playing it.

mimi85

AuthorMessage

mimi85

724. Posted:

I also like Nino kuni on Ds since I do not own a PS3.

If you are familiar with classic RPGs, playing it won't be a problem.

mimi85

AuthorMessage

Warruz

725. Posted:

Ok so I only had an original DS for a short while and only got to play a handful of games (Metroid Hunters & Super Mario 64). So I have been going through recently and finding games I have missed to play them again(some great deals on debay). So I am curious what do you recommend as must haves that hold up being old.

Currently on my list

What I have Acquired

• Professor Layton and the Curious Village
  • Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
  • Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
  • Ace Attorny : Phoenix Wright

What I am looking to get

• Professor Layton and the Last Specter
  • Ace Attorny : Phoenix Wright - Justice for all
  • Ace Attorny : Phoenix Wright - Trails and Tribulations
  • Ace Attorny : Apollo Justice
  • Ace Attorny : Investigations
  • Mega Man Zero Collection
  • Mega Man ZX
  • Mege Man ZX Advent

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage

Andyv01

726. Posted:

oh my goodness... Bangai-O Spirits arrived in the post yesterday... move aside Bravely Default! theres a new daddy in town! :D

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

樹懶です!

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

727. Posted:

My Mom really enjoyed the Professor Layton series (she owns and 100% all 4) on DS but doesn't want to upgrade to a 3DS yet. She asked for a game similar to Professor Layton for a trip of hers. I recommended the Phoenix Wright series. Was that a good choice or are their better games for her? She doesn't want anything like Mario (where she has to do a lot of complicated button presses) she wants something that is easier and slower paced

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

728. Posted:

@DefHalan: Well then it sounds like Phoenix Wright sounds just about right for her. Besides it will get her ready for the crossover game with Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

729. Posted:

mimi85 wrote:

Radiant Historia is a nice Rpg. I really enjoyed playing it.

I'll 2nd this. I beat it yesterday and really enjoyed it.
The time traveling elements within the game were really good and made it feel more open than a typical rpg.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

Filth_Element

730. Posted:

Andyv01 wrote:

oh my goodness... Bangai-O Spirits arrived in the post yesterday... move aside Bravely Default! theres a new daddy in town! :D

Yes mate... I have just joined the club!

The crime isss life... The sssentence isss DEATH!

AuthorMessage

Platypus

731. Posted:

Should I get TWENY or Radiant Historia? I've heard both are amazing, but RH seems to be about $10 more for its lowest price online. Also, how good is Nostalgia? The theme sounds great and everyone went nuts over it when it came out, but it got some mixed reviews and nobody ever talks about it anymore.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

Zizzy

732. Posted:

Platypus wrote:

Should I get TWENY or Radiant Historia? I've heard both are amazing, but RH seems to be about $10 more for its lowest price online. Also, how good is Nostalgia? The theme sounds great and everyone went nuts over it when it came out, but it got some mixed reviews and nobody ever talks about it anymore.

If you mean TWEWY (The World Ends With You), I'd say get that. Mainly because it has one of the best quotes I've ever heard in a video game.

"Everyone has their own little internal world - a secret garden only they can enter. Each world follows its own internal logic - individuality. And the logic of one world means nothing in another. Understanding other people isn't hard.....It's Impossible."

Don't let GameStop rip you off. Support used gaming and check out 99Gamers. Best trading service I've used.

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

733. Posted:

Platypus wrote:

Same thing with Metroid Prime Hunters. Nobody even cares about that game, even though it's literally the best Metroid handheld game yet.

Longtime Nintendo and Peanuts fan.
長年の任天堂とピーナッツファン。

"Good Grief." - Charlie Brown
"It's-a-me, Mario!" - Super Mario

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

734. Posted:

Platypus wrote:

Get Radiant Historia before the price skyrockets again. Serious, that was $50 minimum not too long ago...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

735. Posted:

TWEWY is a better game than Radiant Historia but if you're worried abut the price then get RH while you can find it cheap.

Is Hotel Dusk: Room 215 good?

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

TanookiToad64

736. Posted:

Mitsuko_Chan wrote:

Same thing with Metroid Prime Hunters. Nobody even cares about that game, even though it's literally the best Metroid handheld game yet.

I have to agree with you. Metroid Prime Hunters is a pretty awesome game. I remember playing with people and having a ton of fun with people online in deathmatches and things. Even though you can't really do online anymore I still think it's worth checking out. It's other multiplayer modes are all pretty great. The download play functionality is cool, but I wish that my friends could play as more of the characters than just Samus as I usually prefer using a different character like Noxus or Spire. Still you get to play on all of the game's 20+ maps with your friends with only one game cart! The game as a whole is pretty good in my book and it deserves more praise and attention then it gets.

TanookiToadTeam YouTube Channel

Loves the GB, Mario Kart, SNES, Smash Bros, GC, Wii and mostly anything else Nintendo!

I believe that good things come to those who work – Wilt Chamberlain

Previous: 4 Player MK64 Mirror Mode Mushroom Cup
Next: 4 Player MK64 Mirror Mode Flower Cup

3DS Friend Code: 1478-5591-8095 | Twitter: TanookiToad64

AuthorMessage

vinicity

737. Posted:

MAN1AC wrote:

Is Hotel Dusk: Room 215 good?

It is really good, at least if you are into adventure games. Although the sequel, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, is actually even better.

Those are two of my favorite DS games...

Edited on by vinicity

vinicity

AuthorMessage

KingMike

738. Posted:

Front Mission just shot a hole in my wallet.
Last I knew the Super Famicom version was only worth like five bucks, but I guess I kind of need this in English. :)

And I also ordered Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2. Such a late release I figure under $20 shipped from Best Buy probably isn't a bad price, and could be more expensive later.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

NavySpheal

739. Posted:

It's probably been said here before, but everyone here needs to buy 999. Now. If you're remotely interested in games like Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton, with an amazing (and sometimes horrific) story, AND multiple endings, then this is for you.

Also, lots of people have recommended me Elite Beat Agents. I've got that coming in the mail.

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

AuthorMessage

maceng

740. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Hatsworth has been on my wishlist since it came out. Don't know why I keep passing it up...

Man, you should definitely get Hatsworth.
The gameplay is excellent, with very tight controls.
Several hidden stages.
Great boss battles, with a lot of character.
A new difficult setting unlock after finishing the game.
Both graphics and sounds quite good.

It's probably the most underrated DS game on my collection (480 and growing).

maceng