Dragon Quest IX
Contra 4
Radiant Historia
Metal Slug 7
Ketsui Death Label
Bangai O Spirits
Space Invaders Extreme
Tetris DS
Dragon Quest V (Very expensive but worth it).
Dragon Quest IV (Quite expensive compared to most)
Dragon Quest VI (Very cheap)
Chrono Trigger
Warioware Touched
Warioware DIY
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Nanostray 2
Commando : Steel Disaster (Retail is probably best but I only have the Dsiware which is easier but cheaper - £8 vs £50)

It is annoying because for me
Kokuga
and
Nano Assault EX

(Shinobi and Streetfighter IV are good at the current price).

That is it when it comes to the 3DS and I don't like the scaling of DS games on the 3DS XL.
It is annoying I should probably just get a Dsi XL and forget about my 3DS for a few years.
(When I bought my 3DS XL it was only £20 more expensive than a Dsi XL which is no longer the case).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

moomoo

kbeast wrote:

Hard decision here :c Which one of these three games do you guys recommend; Radiant Historia, Devil Survivor 2 or Strange Journey? I don't want to get all three of these because I got my copy of FFIV today and I need some time to play what I buy too + I own a 3DS so it seems kinda pointless to buy lots of DS games when I can go for 3DS.

I'd recommend Radiant Historia over the other two. Devil Survivor 2 is being remade as a 3DS game, so you should wait for that to come out. As for Strange Journey, it's a solid game, but Shin Megami Tensei IV is the better game, which you can also get on 3DS. Meanwhile, Radiant Historia is a very unique game. Plus, it's the rarest of the three, from what I understand, so it would be best to go for that pronto. All three are fantastic, though.

NeoZuko wrote:

I saw Partners in Time and Phantom Hourglass at Toys R US today but I'm unsure if I would enjoy them as much as the sequels seem so much better. Would I like them? Will I come back to them once in a while over the better sequels? That kind of thing.

I honestly liked Partners in Time and Phantom Hourglass more than their sequels. That's just me, though. I did have a fantastic time with Spirit Tracks and Bowser's Inside Story, though, so I guess if you don't like the previous games as much you'll have the same opinion of them as I do for the games that came later. I'd go for them.
Also, Partners in Time is pretty rare, so I'd jump on it.

As for any great games you're missing out on, some of my recommendations that aren't on your list would be:
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Easily the best visual novel on the DS. If you don't think you like visual novels, this could very well change your mind. It did for me. It also has the best ending of any video game ever.
Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure. It's a fun little game that combines the platforming and puzzle genres. It's also very challenging.
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. If you don't have a 360 or PS3 (where you can just download the game in HD digitally) then this a great game that combines the puzzle and RPG genres really well.
Elite Beat Agents. It's a music game that's unlike anything (unless if you play Quendan). It's also very cheap, from what I understand.
Metroid Prime Hunters. There's a bit of a learning curve, but if you've played Kid Icarus: Uprsing, it's basically the same controls. It's well designed, and the multiplayer is basically Quake 2 in your hands.
Mega Man Zero Collection. The Mega Man Zero games are great, and this has all four of them.
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword. You'd think it wouldn't work, since it's all touch (with the exception of blocking). But it does work. Really, really well, in fact.
All the Pokémon games are solid.
Aliens: Infestation Is a nice metroidvania title.
Anything @CanisWolfred recommended a few posts above you. Especially Radiant Historia.

JamesFox wrote:

I'm thinking on importing the DS "Inazuma Eleven" games from the UK
I has a question ... is the "Inazuma Eleven" games easy to play for gamers like me?

I haven't played Inazuma Eleven, but from what I understand it's a very easy game. As for other stuff you might like, Brain Age 2 was something I found to be a lot of fun. The Pokémon games are also all very easy games to get into, as well. Elite Beat Agents is also as easy as you want it to be. Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is a great mystery novel kind of game. It's something you would probably like if you're fond of mysteries. Animal Crossing: Wild World is pretty much the most casual game ever, and it's fun in a weird and scary way. Tetris and Picross are also games that any kind of gamer can get into, be it just starting or expert level.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Tobiaku

What is the rarest ds games?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

citizenerased

I would honestly skip Partners in Time, I didn't have a good time with it — and I adore Bowser's Inside Story and Superstar Saga. Its story, attacks and humour all fall flat.

Phantom Hourglass is a tricky one. It's a Zelda game, but it has that horrible main temple and lack of a fresh feeling (no new items...). Since you can only play so many games, I would probably recommend skipping it.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

moomoo

kkslider5552000 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

[It also has the best ending of any video game ever.

And the dumbest final boss.

Yeah, if you consider a puzzle a final boss.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

kkslider5552000

moomoo wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

[It also has the best ending of any video game ever.

And the dumbest final boss.

Yeah, if you consider a puzzle a final boss.

IT SUCKED.

Like I had some minor issues with the game here and there but this was shockingly inexcusable and I immediately went to Gamefaqs cause this was so stupid and not worth my time. It's the puzzle equivalent of Arkham Asylum's final boss, yet somehow worse.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

KingMike

I ordered Henry Hatsworth.
I think I passed that up awhile ago when amazon had it for maybe $10 or so on clearance. Now that's about what a CIB used copy seems to be going for.
I hear it's an underrated game so I figured it might be worth picking up sooner than later.

KingMike

Socar

Games that I would recommend for the DS

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Super Mario 64 DS
Sonic Colors
Kirby Canvas Curse and Squeak Squad
Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the minis
DK Jungle Climber
Mario and Luigi Partners in time and Bowser's inside story
And finally
the professor layton trilogy

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Artwark wrote:

Games that I would recommend for the DS

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Super Mario 64 DS
Sonic Colors
Kirby Canvas Curse and Squeak Squad
Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the minis
DK Jungle Climber
Mario and Luigi Partners in time and Bowser's inside story
And finally
the professor layton trilogy

I highly recommend both M&L games. They're great games, though I'll admit that PiT had some annoying sections. Still, it was one of the few games I had to play from start to finish. It's just so good.

The Professor Layton games are charming, though you really have to like puzzles to get the most out of them. I know I couldn't get into them because I don't even like Zelda puzzles, let alone puzzles that require actual thought, but I appreciate them nonetheless.

I've played all of the other games you've mentioned, and I didn't like any of them. Phantom Hourglass was just downright terrible in every way except for the boss fights, which were the only redeeming quility of the game.
Super Mario 64 DS had terrible controls, to the point where it made the whole game an exercise in frustration - Don't even bother with Rainbow Road, the controls and shoddy camera make that level unbeatable. (yes, it offers touch controls, but those are completely useless)
Canvas Curse is also needlessly frustrating, and made me nearly shatter my DS - not even Contra 4 and the Mega Man DS games brought me to that level of rage.
Squeak Squad had terrible level design and a weak gimmick. I ultimately found it incredibly boring to play, even for Kirby. Just get Starfy instead.
Sonic Colors was just kinda meh - after Rush Adventures, I don't see a 2D Sonic game ever being as intense and satisfying.
I could never get into the March of the Minis games. They feel like Lemmings, but nowhere near as fun.
Jungle Climber was okay, but I didn't find it that memorable. Still, I suppose it's the second best Donkey Kong game after Jungle Beat.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

mimi85

Radiant Historia is a nice Rpg. I really enjoyed playing it.

mimi85

mimi85

I also like Nino kuni on Ds since I do not own a PS3.

If you are familiar with classic RPGs, playing it won't be a problem.

mimi85

Warruz

Ok so I only had an original DS for a short while and only got to play a handful of games (Metroid Hunters & Super Mario 64). So I have been going through recently and finding games I have missed to play them again(some great deals on debay). So I am curious what do you recommend as must haves that hold up being old.

Currently on my list

What I have Acquired

• Professor Layton and the Curious Village
  • Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
  • Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
  • Ace Attorny : Phoenix Wright

What I am looking to get

• Professor Layton and the Last Specter
  • Ace Attorny : Phoenix Wright - Justice for all
  • Ace Attorny : Phoenix Wright - Trails and Tribulations
  • Ace Attorny : Apollo Justice
  • Ace Attorny : Investigations
  • Mega Man Zero Collection
  • Mega Man ZX
  • Mege Man ZX Advent

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

Andyv01

oh my goodness... Bangai-O Spirits arrived in the post yesterday... move aside Bravely Default! theres a new daddy in town!

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

DefHalan

My Mom really enjoyed the Professor Layton series (she owns and 100% all 4) on DS but doesn't want to upgrade to a 3DS yet. She asked for a game similar to Professor Layton for a trip of hers. I recommended the Phoenix Wright series. Was that a good choice or are their better games for her? She doesn't want anything like Mario (where she has to do a lot of complicated button presses) she wants something that is easier and slower paced

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tasuki

@DefHalan: Well then it sounds like Phoenix Wright sounds just about right for her. Besides it will get her ready for the crossover game with Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MAN1AC

mimi85 wrote:

Radiant Historia is a nice Rpg. I really enjoyed playing it.

I'll 2nd this. I beat it yesterday and really enjoyed it.
The time traveling elements within the game were really good and made it feel more open than a typical rpg.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Filth_Element

Andyv01 wrote:

oh my goodness... Bangai-O Spirits arrived in the post yesterday... move aside Bravely Default! theres a new daddy in town!

Yes mate... I have just joined the club!

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

Platypus

Should I get TWENY or Radiant Historia? I've heard both are amazing, but RH seems to be about $10 more for its lowest price online. Also, how good is Nostalgia? The theme sounds great and everyone went nuts over it when it came out, but it got some mixed reviews and nobody ever talks about it anymore.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic