DSi / DS Forum

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 501 to 520 of 742

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

501. Posted:

Unfortunately the Digimon Dawn and Dusk games fetch a very high price these days!

And Mickeymac, I noticed you left off Devil Survivor 2. Have you not played it yet, or do you just not like it?

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

502. Posted:

I haven't played Devil Survivor 2 yet. I don't even have it yet. It's on my list, though. I just don't have any more money at the moment.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

503. Posted:

Fair enough. I know how you feel about the money situation! Personally I've only got about 5 more games I definitely want to get for the DS, and after that I may pick a few others up if I have the money down the track. Of course, that's assuming that there aren't any unannounced games for it that I'll really want!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

504. Posted:

I'm down to 4 must-buy DS games now. Unfortunately, most are kind of expensive. :(

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

505. Posted:

Which ones?

I'm looking to get Kirby Superstar Ultra, Tales of Hearts (the most expensive one on this list), Chibi Robo: Park Patrol and Peggle: Dual Shot (I thought there was one more, but maybe not). I might look into getting the new Pokemon games when they come out, depending on what they're like.

There's a few 'maybes' for me, such as Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2, Draglade, the Rub Rabbits, 42 All Time Classics etc. but with a collection of over 150 games I'm sure I can do without :P

Edited on by Wheels2050

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

506. Posted:

Pokemon Platinum (Most expensive if I get it new, I don't want to get a used cartridge).
Dragon Quest VI (I don't even like DQ, but I have to finish my collection now that this and 7 are all I'm missing)
Castlevania: Order of Ecclasia (I'm so behind on these games, but I want to grab it before it becomes hard to find)
Devil Survivor 2 (It's an Atlus game. Better grab it before it's hard to find)

There are a bunch of lesser games that I'll likely get some time down the road, but I have 60 DS games already, I think I'll be just fine without those games.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

507. Posted:

Sorry to interrupt, but i've finally gotten the hang on Front Mission on the DS. And I gotta say it's got it's learning curve, but it gets fun once you get used to it. I recommend it to any one that likes Advanced Wars of Fire Emblem, and of course, giant customizable fighting robots.

@Mickeymac I don't know if this is for every store, but I saw copies of Dragon Quest 6 on Best Buy for $15 brand new. Hope it helps.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

Xilef

508. Posted:

I'm planing to pick up one of the Castlevnia games. Which one of them is good to start with if you have never played a Castlevania game before?

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

509. Posted:

The GBA ones. :p

But for DS I'd suggest Portrait of Ruin since Order of Ecclesia is apparently really difficult and Dawn of Sorrow is a direct sequel to Aria of Sorrow on the GBA.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

510. Posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say Portrait of Ruin for the same reason. But if you can, grab the GBA games at some point. They're great.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

511. Posted:

I'm not sure if I sucked or if Circle of the Moon is just a needlessly difficult, grind-y game. Because I never liked that game. The other 2 are great at least. Harmony of Dissonance is probably the easiest of the three GBA games...I think.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

512. Posted:

Circle of the Moon wasn't that hard for me, but it definitely was difficult, which is why I liked it more than 90% of Metroidvanias.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

513. Posted:

Wheels2050 wrote:

Which ones?

I'm looking to get Kirby Superstar Ultra, Tales of Hearts (the most expensive one on this list), Chibi Robo: Park Patrol and Peggle: Dual Shot (I thought there was one more, but maybe not). I might look into getting the new Pokemon games when they come out, depending on what they're like.

There's a few 'maybes' for me, such as Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2, Draglade, the Rub Rabbits, 42 All Time Classics etc. but with a collection of over 150 games I'm sure I can do without :P

You have 150 DS games? Wow that's an accomplishment, have you actually played every single one though? Well that's hardly likely, but I own like 34 and it's not like I've completed every single one, but most of them I've either completed or played enough of/ need coming back to, to be completed.
But anyway you mentioned Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2, That is a great game, pick it up I know I have, I got it pretty cheap too, at only $25 NZD (that's fairly cheap for a DS game, almost bargain bin) I've already spent nearly 60+ hours already battling and synthesizing my party of monsters to nearly becoming +5 (meaning I can level grind past Lvl 50).
Is Draglade any good guys? saw it in an EB games bargain bin for under $20, I looked at a review for it on IGN, but it was fairly low (as IGN usually rates). It's a fairly obscure DS game here, especially since it was an import I think.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

Xilef

514. Posted:

@kkslider5552000 and @Mickeymac I'll probably go with Order of Ecclesia, since i like a good challange plus i just find it more appealing. I'm planing to pick up the GBA games as well, it's just that the DS games are cheaper and easier to come by.

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

515. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

You have 150 DS games? Wow that's an accomplishment, have you actually played every single one though?

It's a bit overkill, really, but there you go. No, I haven't played them all - in fact, there's only a handful I've played any great amount so far, but I have finished several. However, I figure I'll have my DS and games around forever, so I'll get around to them in years to come (I've mentioned in other threads that I think my games purchasing will slow down, if not effectively stop, in the next few years for a number of reasons, so my backlog won't increase any great amount). I'm just trying to get the games I want before they're prohibitively expensive, which happens a lot now the collector's market has grown in the last decade or so.

I only recently finished my PhD thesis as well, and didn't have a lot of time to play games while I was finishing that up. Now I'm done I've got my nights back again, and so will be able to find time to play games again and hopefully start finishing off my collection. I'm currently in the middle of Custom Robo Arena, and recently 100% finished Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, so I'm on my way!

By the way, I'd recommend both games to anybody wondering about them. M&M:CoH was excellent, I powered through that in a couple of weeks or maybe less. CRA has an amazingly lame story, and really cheaply done 'RPG' mode, but the guts of the game - the robot battling - is great and allows a lot of room for customisation and strategy.

Thanks for the DQM:J2 recommendation. I can't remember what it was in particular, but something that was mentioned in several reviews ended up making me think I might not love it. If I spot it cheap I'll pick it up though!

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

516. Posted:

What games would you recommend to an arcade/puzzle game fan.
I don't really like games with a big story or games that take you on 50 hour adventures.
I just like the sort of games you can just jump straight into, like pick up 'n' play style.
I think electroplankton actually looks pretty cool, but i'm not sure if i would enjoy it. I like music, but i'm not sure if is it the sort of game that would keep me amused in the back of a car on a long road trip, for example.

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

517. Posted:

Meteos. Definitely, definitely Meteos.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Late

518. Posted:

@MrArcade: I'm a big fan of puzzle games and I know a couple of games you could try.

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, really good game with puzzle elements. One of my favorite DS games and I think it's my most played DS game on my 3DS. It also includes local multiplayer (also single-card mode). I played this a lot with my brother before, at least one match per day for one month and then we haven't played as much but it's still great fun. It's a shame you can only use two different characters in single-card mode.

Professor Layton series. Lots of puzzles, great animations and good story. Should keep you busy for some time.

Ace Attorney series. Clearing murder cases using your head to solve all the puzzles along the way and convince judge that your client is innocent. Heavily text-based game.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Just picked this up a while ago and it was really great game although a bit short. Really good story, memorable characters, good gameplay and awesome character animations. I don't know if I should call it a puzzle game but it the genre doesn't really matter. It's just so good.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies is a good arcade game. I picked it up for 3€ and I'm really happy I bought it.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

519. Posted:

@Late and by extension @MrArcade Geometry Wars is the only game you can "Jump into" and has a "Pick up and play" factor. Maybe M&M, too, but I found I enjoyed the story mode more than the quick mode. The other ones are story-heavy as well...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

520. Posted:

@Late
When i say puzzle games i mean like block puzzles, more along the lines of Tetris and Bejeweled. Prof. Layton kinda bores me. But thanks for the recommendations anyways, may check out geometry wars.
@Mickeymac
I just watched a youtube video of this game and i have to say it looks really interesting. Will probably give it a go if i see it cheap, thanks.
Still wondering about electroplankton though...

MrArcade