Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 782

R-L-A-George

Nick-Clegg wrote:

I always wanted to get Lux Pain,as I heard it was pretty good.
Ghostbusters for DS was pretty poor,and you'd be better of with one of the console versions.

Someone suggested SNK vs Capcom, I'm stuck between Puzzle De Harvest Moon and Atari's greatest hits.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

RevolverLink

I've read nothing but good things about Space Invaders Extreme 2 (aside from it being unnecessary if you already have the first one), but I've heard that Lux-Pain's localization was handled very poorly, which can be a real killer with adventure games/visual novels.

Rune Factory is pretty much what it says right on the tin - it's Harvest Moon with dungeons and monster slaying. If you're going to just get one entry, though, you might as well go with Rune Factory 3.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

CanisWolfred

R-L-A-George wrote:

Space Invaders Extreme 2 - Great but only if you lack the first game
Rune Factory: Fantasy Harvest Moon - The sequels are better
Lunar: Dragon Song - Are you F'ing kidding me?
Chaotic: Shadow Warriors
Atari Greatest Hits Volume 2 - More like greatest blunders...
Ghostbusters The Video Game - Console/PC versions are much better
SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash - Watch out for glitchy copies
Lux-Pain - Poor localization
Honeycomb Beat - Very boring game
Puzzle de Harvest Moon - Hahaha no

Are any of these any good?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

You can probably find Ultra for fairly cheap so that. It has more stuff...that's cool.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Actually, Kirby is always more expensive than other DS games. I just checked, and the lowest price on Amazon is about $16 - twice as much as the VC version - and the extras aren't very good, IMO. They're just some simple mini-games that get old if you have no one to compete with.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MikeDanger

Stay faaaaaar away from SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash.....

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

kkslider5552000

Mickeymac wrote:

Actually, Kirby is always more expensive than other DS games. I just checked, and the lowest price on Amazon is about $16 - twice as much as the VC version - and the extras aren't very good, IMO. They're just some simple mini-games that get old if you have no one to compete with.

well yeah, but the Ultra additions weren't just minigames. It had two more arenas, a Spring Breeze hard mode and a Metaknight mode....which means your point still stands. Probably.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

sykotek

MikeDanger1 wrote:

I actually really liked Card Fighters DS! It's very fun once you learn how to play it... but I do agree with you since most copies that are available out there are glitched copies, I too would highly recommend avoiding purchasing it...unless of course, you know that you're getting the non-glitched copy. At this point, if you find it brand new, it'll contain the glitched cart. The recall program ended long ago as well. The glitch is unavoidable and you're stuck and unable to progress further in the story once you come across it.

Untitled
If you're in North America, the one you want to avoid is the one on the right... the one with the full color label. If you live in Europe, there's no glitch to worry about.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George wrote:

Space Invaders Extreme 2 - Great but only if you lack the first game
Rune Factory: Fantasy Harvest Moon - The sequels are better
Lunar: Dragon Song - Are you F'ing kidding me?
Chaotic: Shadow Warriors
Atari Greatest Hits Volume 2 - More like greatest blunders...
Ghostbusters The Video Game - Console/PC versions are much better
SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash - Watch out for glitchy copies
Lux-Pain - Poor localization
Honeycomb Beat - Very boring game
Puzzle de Harvest Moon - Hahaha no

Are any of these any good?

I read about the glitchy copies of that game. I just hope I don't get one. I've always seen that game, something in me wants it and the poor localization of Lux-Pain made me not want it.

I got Ivy the Kiwi and SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash. Are those wise choices?

Thanks for the input.

Edited on by R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George

sykotek wrote:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

I actually really liked Card Fighters DS! It's very fun once you learn how to play it... but I do agree with you since most copies that are available out there are glitched copies, I too would highly recommend avoiding purchasing it...unless of course, you know that you're getting the non-glitched copy. At this point, if you find it brand new, it'll contain the glitched cart. The recall program ended long ago as well. The glitch is unavoidable and you're stuck and unable to progress further in the story once you come across it.

Untitled
If you're in North America, the one you want to avoid is the one on the right... the one with the full color label. If you live in Europe, there's no glitch to worry about.

You need to add that to the Wikipedia page.

R-L-A-George

astros75

Does anyone know where I can find a list of 3DS/DS games with single-card download play? My little brother just got a 3ds and we've been playing Starfox 64 3d & Mario Kart 7 with download play. It made me want to buy a few more games with the download play feature, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Switch FC: 305297906526

Fav 3DS Games:
LoZ: ALBW ~ FE: Awakening ~ AC: New Leaf ~ Luigi Mansion: DM ~ Mario 3D Land ~ Smash Bros 3D

Fav Switch Games:
LoZ: BoW ~ SM Odyssey ~ MK8 ~ Arms ~ LA Noire ~ Doom

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0174-1633 | Nintendo Network ID: astros75

Birdman

@astros75 - The two games I can think of off the top of my head for single-card download play are Pop Island and Pop Island: Paperfield, both of which are available on the eShop, the former for $5 and the latter for $2. I'd check for games with multiplayer in general and then see what reviewers have to say about (possible) single-card local gameplay in those games. Good luck and happy hunting!

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

R-L-A-George

astros75 wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a list of 3DS/DS games with single-card download play? My little brother just got a 3ds and we've been playing Starfox 64 3d & Mario Kart 7 with download play. It made me want to buy a few more games with the download play feature, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cartoon Network: Punchtime Explosion 3DS
Elite Beat Agents DS
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Don't know about the 2012 one)
New Super Mario Bros DS
Brain Age 2 (Its what I used to have, though its better used on DS/DSi)
Space Bust-a-move (I looked it up)

Edited on by R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George

Stay away from SSFIV3D as a Dowloadplay game unless they make a update/DLC for the DP. Its very limited at the moment @RevolverLink and @Astros75.

R-L-A-George

astros75

Thank you so much!!

Switch FC: 305297906526

Fav 3DS Games:
LoZ: ALBW ~ FE: Awakening ~ AC: New Leaf ~ Luigi Mansion: DM ~ Mario 3D Land ~ Smash Bros 3D

Fav Switch Games:
LoZ: BoW ~ SM Odyssey ~ MK8 ~ Arms ~ LA Noire ~ Doom

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0174-1633 | Nintendo Network ID: astros75

Platypus

Heart Gold or White?

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

RevolverLink

I prefer HeartGold/SoulSilver, but Black/White are the freshest the series has been since Gen 2. Can't really go wrong with either.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Magikarp3

Hey, I hear a lot of praise for the Dragon Quest DS games, and here where I live DQ is really unpopular. I see games like Dragon Quest: Sentinels of the Starry Skies and DQ Monsters: Joker and lots of other DQ titles in the returns pile for $8-20. Do you think that's a good deal? I'm new to the series too, but I tend to like JRPG's for the most part. Is it just the cutesy character designs putting people off or is there something else flawed with these games?

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic