DSi / DS Forum

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 421 to 440 of 729

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

421. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Children of Mana - If you are expecting an RPG like Secret of Mana or even Legend of Mana than skip this one. Its a dungeon crawl game. I picked up this one cause I loved Secret of Mana and found Legend ok but after playing Children of Mana for a few hours I put it down and havent picked it up since, and that was about 3 years ago. But than again if you like dungeon crawlers than it just might be your thing.

Children of Mana is one I'm unsure about. I haven't played any previous Mana games, but the reviews I've read seem to rate it at just about above average - citing repetition as its main downfall. I don't mind a good dungeon crawler (e.g. Torchlight) but I'm not sure if reviewers mean it has the same level of repetition as other dungeon crawlers, or if it's really repetitive even when compared to other dungeon crawlers.

Can anyone comment?

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

422. Posted:

Anyone here played Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story? How did it stack up to Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga on the GBA?

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Late

423. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Anyone here played Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story? How did it stack up to Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga on the GBA?

I really enjoyed Superstar Saga when I played it for the first time so I bought Bowser's Inside Story. I don't like it as much but it's still a good game. It still has great sense of humor and battle system is the same. I should finish it sometime.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

424. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

I thought they were both equally fantastic, although I might give the slightest of edges to Superstar Saga, simply because it was a "fresher" experience when it came out.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

425. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

I'd say it's the best of all 3 games...but entirely because of the Bowser sections (which to be fair, are half the game). The Mario and Luigi sections are not as good as the first game though. Also loses some points for the soundtrack mostly just being ok instead of awesome. But the Bowser sections rule the world and confirm that Bowser is unironically one of the best video game villians.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

426. Posted:

Wheels2050 wrote:

After thinking (many times) that there were no more DS games I wanted, I've found a few more games I'm interested in adding to my collection. Do people have any strong recommendations against any of these?:

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
Children of Mana
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Custom Robo Arena
Bangai O Spirits
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Sonic Colours
Sonic Rush Adventure

Also, are there any I should grab earlier than others? (I've been keeping an eye on prices, but there don't seem to be any here that are commanding huge prices at the moment).

I sort of wish that the DS releases would stop - I'd like to know that there are no more games on the way, and just be able to concentrate on finishing up my collection!

Custom Robo Arena is the best one in that group in my opinion. It's like that game in the arcades that let's you be a giant robot pilot fighting another pilot in an arena.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

427. Posted:

To every one I highly recommend Ghost Trick Phantom Detective. Awesome story, great graphics, and incredible charters. I just beat it last night with just over 12 hours clocked in according to my 3DS. It is a 10/10 in my book.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

428. Posted:

Ghost Trick is nowhere near 12 hours — maybe 8 at maximum. Still one of the best games on the system and one of the best games ever written . The ending made me cry. Everybody buy it.

Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi
3DS friend code: 0104 - 0649 - 7464

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

429. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Custom Robo Arena is the best one in that group in my opinion. It's like that game in the arcades that let's you be a giant robot pilot fighting another pilot in an arena.

Hmm, thanks for the tip - after looking into it, I'm actually really keen to pick it up ASAP. Looks great!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

430. Posted:

no prob man hope you love it.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

431. Posted:

Does anyone here recommend Plants vs. Zombies for the DS? It's on sale at Target this week for only $9.99. I thought I might get it since it's gotten good reviews.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Birdman

432. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Does anyone here recommend Plants vs. Zombies for the DS? It's on sale at Target this week for only $9.99. I thought I might get it since it's gotten good reviews.

I'd get it. I probably sunk 50-60 hours into my copy. While it may not look as nice as other versions, $10 is still a good value for the game.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

433. Posted:

Wow. 50-60 hours is some amazing value. And for only ten bucks, I'll probably get it.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

AuthorMessage

Nightwalker

434. Posted:

Wheels2050 wrote:

After thinking (many times) that there were no more DS games I wanted, I've found a few more games I'm interested in adding to my collection. Do people have any strong recommendations against any of these?:

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Also, are there any I should grab earlier than others? (I've been keeping an eye on prices, but there don't seem to be any here that are commanding huge prices at the moment).

I sort of wish that the DS releases would stop - I'd like to know that there are no more games on the way, and just be able to concentrate on finishing up my collection!

Buy these 3 wonderful games, and you're stacked up for the next several months (assuming you'll be wanting to concentrate on 100% completion of every game)..

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

AuthorMessage

Birdman

435. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Wow. 50-60 hours is some amazing value. And for only ten bucks, I'll probably get it.

Depends on how you measure it (the hour count). Personally, I tend to be obsessed by PopCap games when I get a new one, and I also should add that I had a resurgence of interest with this title after the 3DS's launch (I got it a week after it came out). Still, you should get 20 hours minimum out of it, and that's not a bad number at all for $10.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

436. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Depends on how you measure it (the hour count). Personally, I tend to be obsessed by PopCap games when I get a new one, and I also should add that I had a resurgence of interest with this title after the 3DS's launch (I got it a week after it came out). Still, you should get 20 hours minimum out of it, and that's not a bad number at all for $10.

I bought it and I'm loving it. It's insanely addictive and a lot of fun. Thanks for giving me the nudge to buy it. :)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

437. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Virtual-On? I thought I was the only one who played that. Very hard to control, that game was, but it was great once you got the hang of it.

Wheels2050 wrote:

Can anyone comment?

They're only talking about how repetitive it is compared to non-dungeon crawlers. With that said, if you want a good dungeon crawler, I'd recommend Lunar Knights over it if you don't have it already. If you do have it, then...play Lunar Knights again, there's a secret ending and an extra dungeon on the second time through anyways.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Digiki

438. Posted:

Of the previous list I'd give the highest nod to Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Excellent strategy game, interesting story and loads of content.
(Advance Wars: Dual Strike is better though, despite a less awesome campaign)

Custom Robo Arena is a cool game, I'd give it a weak recommendation. It feels good the whole way through, but never really captures great.

Digiki's Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

439. Posted:

I would recommend Rhythm Heaven, its the most unique and fun game I played on the DS. I love it like crazy! Not many people got it when it came out, so its not too well known :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

liavcol

440. Posted:

I want a cool DS game with a story,
recommendations please?
THANKS