DSi / DS Forum

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 321 to 340 of 749

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

321. Posted:

Untitled

Is the first Trauma Center worth checking out if you already own and played through it's sequal? As great as the gameplay was in the sequal, i couldn't stand the generic sophisticated Anime art direction bunched up with the cringe worthy K-Mart Soap opera Hospital tunes. Some of the tracks were fine, but most of it really put a depressing and irritating damper on this WaveChild. :p

The original however seems to look more cartoony, light hearted and more up beat which is what i should of went with in the first place. Knowing me TC2 is going in the 'To Sell' bogus bin as i just don't like the feeling of having it in my collection for the reasons above. The origina may be it's replacement hehe.

Untitled

Then there's the Mega Man Zero Collection The original Zero was great, and i'm somewhat looking forward to playing the sequal. But knowing that i have 3 unplayed ultra challenging Zero titles on one cartridge where each game will be spaced out in months apart annoys the hell out of me. I'm better off getting the actual GBA carts one at a time when i feel like playing them. Plus i can play them on the DS lite anyways. Do the original Zero games let you change button configuration? If not, that may be the deal breaker!

Untitled

And then there's Metal Slug 7 This franchise to me has always felt like Contra's dirtier and grimier uncolorful Grandpa of a cousin which has always somewhat put me off . Although MS3 does look awesome. But MS7 doesn't sit right with me either. It was a pretty decent game but a bit lacking and uncreative by MS standards, besides I've got the superior Contra 4 rocking in full force. B-)

Dementium II(The original was better), Mario Party DS and Brain Age 2 got the great He-man Shaft as well. Rest in 'my little pony' peace my little once had dissapointing & crummy DS dudskies. B-)

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

322. Posted:

the only Metal Slug game you ever need is the collection on Wii

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

323. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

the only Metal Slug game you ever need is the collection on Wii

And the only Metal Slug game I'll ever need if I need it is MS3. :p
Besides MS7 is only avaiable on the DS and PSP, but it's not exactly worth playing in my opinion. Metal Slug X kicks the crap out of it for the most part, especially in the creativty/imagination department.

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

324. Posted:

I saw Rhythm Heaven at Toys R Us for $9.98. I didn't get it, mainly because Skyward Sword and Mario Kart 7 are right around the corner and I would have no time for it.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

pikku

325. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I saw Rhythm Heaven at Toys R Us for $9.98. I didn't get it, mainly because Skyward Sword and Mario Kart 7 are right around the corner and I would have no time for it.

-50 interent points.

I am extremely disappointed in you, son. You are unfit to be called 'gamer'. That game is easily worth the $34 I payed for it, a and to pass it up for a measly $10 is an absolute disgrace. words can not explain how pathetic that was. :(

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Hokori

326. Posted:

I recommend Prof Layton

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

GPower

327. Posted:

Metroid Prime hunters, Star Fox Command.

I don't have a 3Ds, I have a Dsi XL midnight blue

AuthorMessage

Link245

328. Posted:

How is Resident Evil: Deadly Silence? Would you recomend it over the Wii Archives version?

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

329. Posted:

pikky wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

-50 interent points.

I am extremely disappointed in you, son. You are unfit to be called 'gamer'. That game is easily worth the $34 I payed for it, a and to pass it up for a measly $10 is an absolute disgrace. words can not explain how pathetic that was. :(

2nded and 3rded. My GOTY in the best year in gaming in the past decade. BUY IT.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

330. Posted:

Tramua center is worth getting but gets stupidly hard later in the game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Nightwalker

331. Posted:

Guys, I'll need your help on this one...
I'll be buying some DS games second hand, and I am interested in the Megaman/Rockman series (I'm not sure if Rockman is used only in Japan, and Megaman in US/UK). So, can some of you tell me the exact titles of this series that came out for the DS? It doesn't matter the genre they follow (action/RPG...), but I am only interested in the English titles.
Thanks in advance, guys. :)

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

AuthorMessage

SuperSpank

332. Posted:

Nightwalker wrote:

Guys, I'll need your help on this one...
I'll be buying some DS games second hand, and I am interested in the Megaman/Rockman series (I'm not sure if Rockman is used only in Japan, and Megaman in US/UK). So, can some of you tell me the exact titles of this series that came out for the DS? It doesn't matter the genre they follow (action/RPG...), but I am only interested in the English titles.
Thanks in advance, guys. :)

Megaman ZX
Megaman ZX Advent
Megaman Zero Collection
A few Megaman Star Forces

I ca vind party hay

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

333. Posted:

I recently picked up 999 the other day... And I am absolutely loving it.
It's sort of like Kyle Hide but with more personality.
(I could never get into Kyle Hide, it was just a bit dull for me.)

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Terave

334. Posted:

Question: Layton and the Last Spector costs in one store €35 only! Is it worth it, with all of the upcoming games left?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

KryptoKrunch

335. Posted:

Link245 wrote:

How is Resident Evil: Deadly Silence? Would you recomend it over the Wii Archives version?

I would'nt recommend it over the Wii version, but DS is still a decent pickup if you can find it cheap. Having Resident Evil 1 on handheld is pretty cool.

Stuck between 5 DS games:

Alien Infestation
Yoshi's Island DS
GTA Chinatown Wars
Kirby SuperStar Ultra
Super Mario 64 DS

With my money I could only get about 2. Really hard for me to choose two; need some recommendations.

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=KryptoKrunch

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

AuthorMessage

Terave

336. Posted:

@kryptokrunch I would rather pick Kirby Super Star Ultra and Yoshi Island. GTA isn't that special or good. Same for Mario 64.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

Link245

337. Posted:

I was looking for some DS RPGs to play, and I was thinking about Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I've never played Golden Sun before, and was wondering if this was a good starting point. I was also wondering if this game is good, as I have heard some negative things about it.
Also, do you guys think the GBA Golden Suns will be part of the Ambassador games?

Edited on by Link245

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Nintendaholic

338. Posted:

@link245
it was alright, i definitely think it was too easy compared to the first 2 and i recommend waiting for the ambassador games because it is likely the first golden sun will be one of them. you want to play them in order

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

AuthorMessage

AXEL314

339. Posted:

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned (sorry if it has) but I've just discovered Ghost Trick and I can not put it down (played four hours straight at new game). Game has great art style, a fantastic story and set of characters and some amazing animation; definitely deserves some recognition. Never have played the Ace Attorney games, but since playing this I may have to :)

AXEL314

AuthorMessage

Link245

340. Posted:

How is The World Ends With You? I don't know much about it, exept everyone thinks it's so great. What is it?

Currently Playing: