DSi / DS Forum

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 221 to 240 of 729

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

221. Posted:

JayArr wrote:

Do not get Order of Ecclessia. This game is hard as balls

you've never played the NES games have you?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

222. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

JayArr wrote:

Amen to that.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

223. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Tasuki Don't play Dawn of Sorrow unless you've played Aria of Sorrow (GBA) first! DoS is a direct sequel and spoils some major plot twists in the first game. Aria is well worth playing btw. Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia are just as good as Dawn of Sorrow, if not better because they improve upon it and remove the awkward touch screen controls. Portrait of Ruin is very light-hearted and humorous. It's unique because you play using 2 characters. The world is quite large thanks to the portraits and some of them are just genius. Order of Ecclesia is great as well and its glyph weapon system is really interesting. It's probably the most polished of the DS Castlevanias. I love all of the DS Castlevanias and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. :)

Thanks Holy. Yeah I have played and beat Aria of Sorrow in fact the whole reason I bought the DS when I did was because of Dawn of Sorrow. I really enjoye that game but I missed the other ones. I just wasnt sure if the others were as good as DoS. I will be checking Amazon and some other places here in the next few days.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

224. Posted:

cheetahman91 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

JayArr wrote:

Amen to that.

Dawn of Sorrow was too easy...But that's if you made it that way by actually using HP and MP poitions, which i personally never used until the finall boss....Beilieve me, they're required because of those cheap little flying demons. Anyways, DOS offered some seriouse wicked challenge with the later boss fights......Death(especially) and that Magicican along with that giant mutated-dog like monster gave me quite the trouble, not to mention a couple of others...Of course when not using any HP and MP....Using HP and MP for boss battles defeats the purpose of masterting the patterns and getting any real sense of reward and satisfaction. Using those 2 items are for whimps and babies! It's the same thing as ammetures going into Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 and stocking up on E-Tanks....sigh*

Anyways, I'm leaning towards getting OoE....Mainly because i love the gothic, more traditional and detailed art style for the cutscenes, and if it's harder than that sounds awesome to me! Not to sure about Portrait of Ruin though, i may check it out later on....Honestly though what's different about all 3 of the games? What makes them unique from one another?

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

225. Posted:

You know, I feel like a bit of dumb since i picked up Mario Party DS a couple months back and have basically no one to play it with. My friends rarely touch their DS anymore. Sooo, is this even worth playing for the single player experience? playing against the PC just doesn't seem that exciting.

I've also got Trauma Center 2, Animal Crossing DS and Brain Age 2 left to play in my DS collection, not to mention Mega Man Zero 2, 3, and 4.

And I just tossed out Proffesor Layton and the Curious Villiage. I loved everything about the game, as it offered such an incredibly distinct and unique exprience, but sadly the majority of the puzzles that i was faced with took up too much of my time. I dispised a lot of them, and i was losing patience to the point where i wanted to turn the system off.lol I realise that it truly is an awesome game, but solving math problems just isn't my cup of tea, although some of the puzzles were pretty darn great. If only the puzzles were more in tune with Zack & Wiki's, then i'd be creaming my Quick Man panties.. :p

Edited on by theblackdragon

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

reborn

226. Posted:

@Waveboy I've played several times Mario Party DS and, in my opinion, I think it's a game you can enjoy playing it alone. It's obvious that multiplayer allows enlarging MP's life, but from my experience I think you'll also find it worthy. It has plenty of modes including some specific puzzles designed to play them individually; so I'd say: Go for it! ;P

Currently playing: Pokémon X (3DS), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS), Persona 3: FES (PS2),
Recently finished: White 2 (3DS), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS)
FC: 0748-1618-4432

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

227. Posted:

okay guys i am looking for a good dunegon crawler.
-focus on singleplayer
-real time combat
-controlling only one charakter in the game

suggestions?

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

reborn

228. Posted:

@6ch6ris6 Shiren the wanderer and Izuna (or Izuna 2). They are RTSRPG and in both you control only the main character. Although that's true, you also have to take into consideration that they're in 2d and quite hardcore (they are old school games) :P ; so maybe you don't enjoy them (it depends on your experience in that type of games). Similar games are Mistery Dungeons (but with Pokémons).

Currently playing: Pokémon X (3DS), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS), Persona 3: FES (PS2),
Recently finished: White 2 (3DS), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS)
FC: 0748-1618-4432

AuthorMessage

MadScientistMan

229. Posted:

when my super mario 64 ds game arrives, i will recommened or un recommened it...

the first option is more likely

3DS friend code: 2234-7255-8999 (Doomtroll)
Currently Playing: Pokemon White 2

AuthorMessage

LeasTwanteD

230. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

okay guys i am looking for a good dunegon crawler.
-focus on singleplayer
-real time combat
-controlling only one charakter in the game

Real time combat is kind of hard to get in typical dungeon crawlers i suppose. The only one i have in mind then is Children Of Mana which i remember as a good game.
But if you're after a more open worlded Action-RPG i'd say Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals could be what you like. :)

Edited on by LeasTwanteD

NSFW

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

231. Posted:

Which is better? Trauma Center 1 or 2?
I picked up TC2 a few months back on eBay...But part of me wishes that I'd have gone with the original.
I watched both trailers, and the original has more of a simplstic fun and to the point look to it going on, where as TC2 looks much more serious and sophisticated regarding the anime and the overall in game graphics....

AuthorMessage

RudysaurusRex

232. Posted:

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, Legend of Kage 2, Metal Slug 7, and Ecclesia is really easy, that was the first one I finished. The hardest Boss was the crab (3rd boss)

Wibbely-wobbely timey-wimey.
Pokemon W2 FC: 5415 8785 0283
My Awesomloggery
The best troll thread ever

Twitter: rudydog13

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

233. Posted:

AlexBelmont wrote:

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, Legend of Kage 2, Metal Slug 7, and Ecclesia is really easy, that was the first one I finished. The hardest Boss was the crab (3rd boss)

Tell me you didn't use any HP or MP items during the boss battles in Eccleasia, if you did....You shall forever be known as BelmontTheWhimp. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

234. Posted:

Ok not really a game recommendation per say but I was wondering right now I have an Original DS, the main reason I kept this baby around is cause of the GBA slot for games like Aria of Sorrow, Zelda: ALttP, and Final Fantasy I-IV. Anyway I have noticed that a few places have been marking down DS Lites. My question is is there anything on the Original DS that the DS Lite doesnt have that I will miss. I know the obvious is the size but I wanted to know if there were some options or something. If I do get a DS lite I will probably end up trading in the Original DS (yes I know I wont get much) but I wanted to know before I trade it in and regret it later on.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

235. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok not really a game recommendation per say but I was wondering right now I have an Original DS, the main reason I kept this baby around is cause of the GBA slot for games like Aria of Sorrow, Zelda: ALttP, and Final Fantasy I-IV. Anyway I have noticed that a few places have been marking down DS Lites. My question is is there anything on the Original DS that the DS Lite doesnt have that I will miss. I know the obvious is the size but I wanted to know if there were some options or something. If I do get a DS lite I will probably end up trading in the Original DS (yes I know I wont get much) but I wanted to know before I trade it in and regret it later on.

get yourself an gba sp and a 3DS

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

236. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

get yourself an gba sp and a 3DS

I do have a GBA SP which I play my original Gameboy games on and I cant afford a 3DS at this point.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

237. Posted:

Is DK Jungle Climber worth checking out? I'm still sketchy on picking up ChibiRobo: Park Patrol as well...Besides I haven't even played the GCN original yet.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

238. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Tasuki The DS Lite is exactly the same as the original DS but with brighter screens, multiple brightness settings, a larger stylus with better slot placement, a GBA slot cover and a much longer battery life. You won't miss your old DS.

Oh, if you already have a GBA SP then I'd actually suggest getting a DSi over a DS Lite, unless there's a big price difference between them. The screens are noticeably bigger, the camera software is great and you can get DSiWare on it too.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

noblo601

239. Posted:

Dragon Ball Z Origins is a game I always want to pick up but am too scared to buy. I have had very little to do with the show, I am vaguely familiar with the characters (seen about 10 episodes ever), but it is the control scheme and graphical similarities to the DS Zelda games that have my interests piqued.

Is it worth getting if I know very little of the series?

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

AuthorMessage

Portista

240. Posted:

@noblo601 I Dunno, but I tried the demo and it seemed a little boring. Is Harvest Moon worth getting? Never tried a HM game.

Monster Hunter for the win!!!!! Check out my music album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fifteen-ep/id589290511