Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 782

Rob_mc_1

Tasuki wrote:

The only thing I am weary about is how much longer is DSiWare going to be around now that the 3DS is out?

I think the DSiWare still has a future since the 3DS is suppose to be able to play them or transfer them when you do move to the 3DS. There are still DSiWare games being launched and with most DSiWare titles coming from third party sources I don't think they will abandon the DSi install base for a smaller 3DS unless Nintendo stops them. We will have to wait for the 3DS may update to know anything for sure.

♠♦♣

Rob_mc_1

WaveBoy wrote:

seems like a experiment gone mediocre

That is how I felt playing it. Its solid for what it does but the controls didn't do it for me.

Chibi Robo is better then DK:JC. This is actually my wife's game so I haven't played it that much. The thing I like about it is the economy system. Yes you have to clean things up but as you progress you can buy your choice of upgrades in a style similar to lemon aide stand. For example you can buy a better battery to run on. At the same time you grow flowers and as your garden in the park expands eventually. I also don't think the franchise will continue over here. The ds squeal never left japan.

I like to think of it as an Action lemonade stand crossed with viva Pinata (without the cross/inbreeding has forced day cycles and you have to protect the grounds while gardening). And you can see a little robot pump/squirt things. Sorry if the description is jumbled. I think It was worth getting and someday I will get it from my wife.

Edited on by Rob_mc_1

♠♦♣

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Lock's Quest. It's pretty cheap these days. The battles in the gameplay videos look a bit cheesy though. Anyone have thoughts on this game?

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Late

@WaveBoy - I don't know much about 999 but I've heard only good about the game. You can test it on their site, there's demo (at least when I was there). I'm sure it's a good game for those who like Escape The Room kind games.
Then Kirby Squeak Squad. I personally love Kirby games but somehow this wasn't that good. I don't know why exactly but I never even went through this game.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Birdman

@WaveBoy - 999 deserves to be the example for "phenomenal yet unknown" games. It's a combination of a "Choose Your Own Adventure" novels and "Escape the Room" games. The writing is some of, if not the best, writing in a video game ever created. The story is deep, emotionally resonant, and full of intrigue and WTF?!?!?!?! moments. The puzzles (EtR sequences) play like Professor Layton areas (i.e. point-and-click), and while the solutions will come eventually, some are fairly devious. The only major problem with this game is repetition. The game has 6 unique endings, and very specific circumstances are needed to get the true ending. With so much reading needed for each attempt, the developers (thankfully) included a fastforward text button, though you can only use it to skip through text you've already read in a previous playthrough. The same cannot be said for the puzzles, however. If you didn't particularly enjoy doing any puzzle, imagine how much fun you'll have doing that exact same puzzle for the 4th or 5th time, trying to figure out where your previous decision(s) led you astray. Ultimately, 999 is a very engrossing and enjoyable game for those who are willing to put up with some boring repetition to see how the unique and compelling mystery turns out in a game that is truly deserving of more attention from the gaming universe.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

TKOWL

OK, I have until June 30th to spend my remaining 830 Coins on my Club Nintendo account, and I think I'll get either of the Game & Watch Collection games. Question is, which one should I get?

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

thesmorganator

the phoenix wright series is epic

currently playing: Nintendogs + catsPilotwings resortPikmin 2

games I have 100% completed

Kirby mouse attack

Link Mah Boi~

Squadalah~~ We're off!

My youtube channel

[CENTER][url=http://www.no...

HandheldGuru97

I just got into the Zelda series and I have money for OOT and something else. So which Zelda DS adventure should I pick up Phantom Hour Glass or Sprit Tracks?

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

yoyogamer

Square-enixFan wrote:

I just got into the Zelda series and I have money for OOT and something else. So which Zelda DS adventure should I pick up Phantom Hour Glass or Sprit Tracks?

Start with Hourglass, then go to spirit tracks. Although the second one is better the first is still a good game.

This is a signature.

CanisWolfred

Out of this list, which ones do you recommend/not recommend?

Glory of Hercules
Wizard of Oz
Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded
Point Blank DS
999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
summon Night: Twin Age
Glory Days 2
Lost in Blue
Izuna 2
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Feel The Magic
Bangai-O Spirits
Civilization Revolution
Final Fantasy: Revenant Wings
Infinite Space
Suikoden Tierkris
Luminous Arc
Luminous Arc 2
Big Bang Mini
Kirby: Mass Attack
Camping Mama

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Birdman

@Mickeymac - I'd reccomend 999 in a heartbeat and Big Bang Mini as well. Those are actually the only 2 on that list that I have, but I reccomend them both.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Colors

Mickeymac wrote:

Out of this list, which ones do you recommend/not recommend?

Glory of Hercules
Wizard of Oz
Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded
Point Blank DS
999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
summon Night: Twin Age
Glory Days 2
Lost in Blue
Izuna 2
Feel The Magic
Bangai-O Spirits
Civilization Revolution
Final Fantasy: Revenant Wings
Infinite Space
Suikoden Tierkris
Luminous Arc
Luminous Arc 2
Big Bang Mini
Kirby: Mass Attack
Camping Mama

Glory of Heracles
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
Big Bang Mini
Kirby Mass Attack

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

CanisWolfred

Birdman13 wrote:

@Mickeymac - I'd reccomend 999 in a heartbeat and Big Bang Mini as well. Those are actually the only 2 on that list that I have, but I reccomend them both.

Duely noted, especially on the Big Bang Mini.

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

Glory of Heracles
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
Big Bang Mini
Kirby Mass Attack

Here's where I need to ask some questions:

I added Glory of Hercules because it was recommended by a friend, but I couldn't get him to say much about it. What do you think about it? I'm not asking for much. The best and worst points will do.

Most people tell me the story in RE: Coded isn't very good. Do you agree with that? If so, do you think the rest of the game make up for it?

My biggest quam about 999 is that I hate books. Are the Room escaping sequences frequent enough so it balances out the novel elements?

I've heard lots of bad things about the new Golden Sun - pacing problems, too much dialogue, easy gameplay, to name a few. What's your take on it? Are the problems not as bad as they seem, or do other things make up for them?

I'll take yours and Birdman's word on Big Bang Mini. It's a unique shooter from what I hear, so I'm sure I'd like it. Shouldn't be too hard to get it for cheap, too.

Not sure why I put Kirby: Mass Attack and Camping Mama on there. I guess I figured one of the staff might chime in. Oh well. I'll leave those as maybes until they come out and some people have played them.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Terave

Kirby Mass Attack was not my favorite, and Re:Coded wasn;t that good as well. I should chose the others.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

HolyMackerel

@Mickeymac Bangai-O Spirits is even better than the Dreamcast version. Get it. Also, 999 and Infinite Space are both great games.

I don't recommend FFXII: Revenant Wings or any of the X Mama games. Revenant Wings was boring and X Mama games are extremely low budget. Highly recommend the original FFXII though.

I have Luminous Arc currently unplayed, so I don't know if it's any good yet. Too many games. x_x

HolyMackerel

kkslider5552000

I've heard Glory of Heracles is a generic JRPG, and not in a good way like Radiant Historia.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

dsmaster

Golden Sun is an ok rpg its not horrible by any means but it could have been better. You pretty much outlined all of the major flaws the only other thing that I could add is that the game feels very short even though it took me 20hrs mainly because it was so easy. On the bright side the game looks great, combat is smooth, and the zelda-like puzzles are also a blast.

dsmaster

Lan

friends, i need your help.

i need a game.
a great game.
a game that will keep my occupied for hours.
more specifically, a game that has something that i change.
something i can come back to.
something i can build up,
and something i can tear down.
kind of like animal crossing.
but not animal crossing.
something on a grander scale.
maybe a city building game.
maybe not.
i don't know exactly what i want.
i vaguely know what i want.
i'm being difficult and i won't tell myself what i want.

anyway, place your recommendations below please.
thank you.
thank you.
and especially thank YOU.
but not you.
i don't like you.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic